main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Yoda vs. Mace vs. Kenobi - Round 1: previous roles

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jan 3, 2004.

?

Yoda vs. Mace vs. Kenobi - Round 1: previous roles

Poll closed Jan 30, 2004.
  1. Yoda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mace

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Kenobi

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
  2. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    CRUD! THAT SHOULD BE ROUND 2 UP THERE.

Here is a more appropriate place for Darkstar's research, as this is a competition for who is cooler based on prior roles they have had.

BTW, Please post why you voted the way you did.

Darkstar's research:

Well I went to the wonderful world of IMDB.COM to check up on the actors stuff...

I voted for Samuel L Jackson before looking at the site so i will start with him...

he is listed at 82 movies (including some notable favorites as Star Wars, Unbreakable, Shaft, long kiss goodnight, Die hard:with a vengence, Jurassic Park, menace II society, patriot games, and who could forget his portrayl of black cream in the 1972 classic together for days.)

he is also listed the producer of 3 movies

also, he has made appearances on 32 documentaries. and has been on notable televsion appearances 24 times.
    but to cap it all off from 1985-1989 he was Bill Cosby's stand in on the Bill Cosby show.

next contender is Ewan McGregor/ alec guiness
    he is listed with 36 movies (including the favorites: Star Wars, Black Hawk Down, Moulin Rouge, and the loveable fun trainspotting.)
    he produced one movie
    and he has made 8 documentaries
    and has been on tv 9 times
    and his cute little addition is that he was a singer in 2 movies.
    ALEC GUINESS: has made 63 movies (including the favorites, um.... star wars...)
    he has been in 13 documentaries (indlucing r2d2:beneath the dome)
    and has beeen on tv 5 times.
    So to be fair for this category we have to find the average of the two.
    EM 36 movies + AG 63 movies /2 = 49.5 movies
    EM 8 documentaries + AG 13 Docs /2 = 10.5 documentaries.
    EM 9 tv + AG 5 tv /2 = 7 times on tv
    A rousing second place.

and finally frank Oz.
    he has surprinsgly made 52 movies (mostly voices) (including the favorites: star wars, and a bunch of muppet crap)
    he has directed 13 movies (including what about bob, dirty rotten scoundrals, the indian in the cupboard, and little shop of horrors)
    he produced 3 movies
    he was in 10 documetaries
    and was on tv 4 times.
    and we cant forget his moving performace as the sweedish chef's hands in the muppet movie.

ok in all honesty Frank Oz did a whole lot more than I originally thought he did...

but on the whole, we're focusing on the ACTOR part of this competition, so hands down my vote goes to Samuel L Jackson. The coolest black guy in the world...

3. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I again voted for Mr. Jackson...because he's a bad motha-shut yo mouth! I mean come on...he's like the coolest good guy in movies...and then in other movies he's the coolest bad guy (like in Unbreakable) but yeah. there's my 50 cents worth.

4. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    please see my latest post on the other poll topic...then you will see my opinion on this poll.....i voted for my man ewan and sir guinness... (natch)...

5. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    ummmmm....no you didn't

6. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I voted for kenobi... why? Ewan McGreggor and Sir Alec Guiness had some darn good previous roles, like Rent Boy and Prince Fiesal.

7. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    ok....now i did....
    so there.... :p

8. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Well theres not too much more I can say, but I did vote for Samuel L Jackson...

but I can say... MORE ROUNDS!!!!!!!

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OK! The winner is Mace, with Kenobi coming in second, and Yoder coming in third.

Look for round three in a new poll!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.