Yoda vs. Mace vs. Kenobi - Round 1: the actors

Discussion in 'Southern Nevada, NV' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jan 2, 2004.

?

Yoda vs. Mace vs. Kenobi - Round 1: the actors

Poll closed Jan 30, 2004.
Yoda: Muppet./CGI, but voiced by the masterful Frank Oz 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Mace: Sam Jackson 4 vote(s) 66.7%
Kenobi: Ewan McGregor / Sir Alec Guiness 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    please vote for who would win this round, just based on their merits as an actor, a person, or other roles/involvements that make them great. Post why you feel the way you do!
  3. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It takes a very masculine man to have a purple bladed saber....and aside from that he's a bad motha shut yo mouth.
  4. Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Master

star 4
    I voted for Ewan Macgregor/ Sir Alec Guinness.....i think these men as actors play a much wider range of characters as opposed to Sam Jackson, who is limited in his range....besides Ewan Macgregor is stinkin' hot AND Alec Guinness is a friggin' knight....that has to count for something.... Frank Oz is cool...but he's just a voice.....
  5. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I went to the wonderful world of IMDB.COM to check up on the actors stuff...

I voted for Samuel L Jackson before looking at the site so i will start with him...

he is listed at 82 movies (including some notable favorites as Star Wars, Unbreakable, Shaft, long kiss goodnight, Die hard:with a vengence, Jurassic Park, menace II society, patriot games, and who could forget his portrayl of black cream in the 1972 classic together for days.)

he is also listed the producer of 3 movies

also, he has made appearances on 32 documentaries. and has been on notable televsion appearances 24 times.
    but to cap it all off from 1985-1989 he was Bill Cosby's stand in on the Bill Cosby show.

next contender is Ewan McGregor/ alec guiness
    he is listed with 36 movies (including the favorites: Star Wars, Black Hawk Down, Moulin Rouge, and the loveable fun trainspotting.)
    he produced one movie
    and he has made 8 documentaries
    and has been on tv 9 times
    and his cute little addition is that he was a singer in 2 movies.
    ALEC GUINESS: has made 63 movies (including the favorites, um.... star wars...)
    he has been in 13 documentaries (indlucing r2d2:beneath the dome)
    and has beeen on tv 5 times.
    So to be fair for this category we have to find the average of the two.
    EM 36 movies + AG 63 movies /2 = 49.5 movies
    EM 8 documentaries + AG 13 Docs /2 = 10.5 documentaries.
    EM 9 tv + AG 5 tv /2 = 7 times on tv
    A rousing second place.

and finally frank Oz.
    he has surprinsgly made 52 movies (mostly voices) (including the favorites: star wars, and a bunch of muppet crap)
    he has directed 13 movies (including what about bob, dirty rotten scoundrals, the indian in the cupboard, and little shop of horrors)
    he produced 3 movies
    he was in 10 documetaries
    and was on tv 4 times.
    and we cant forget his moving performace as the sweedish chef's hands in the muppet movie.

ok in all honesty Frank Oz did a whole lot more than I originally thought he did...

but on the whole, we're focusing on the ACTOR part of this competition, so hands down my vote goes to Samuel L Jackson. The coolest black guy in the world...

I wish Bruce Willis was a sith then we could see the coolest black guy in the world fight the coolest white guy in the world... that would be a good fight....
  6. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent and thorough research!
  7. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I hereby declare Mace the winner! Ewan comes in second, and Yoda last.

(Darkstar, you're on Sam Jackson's payroll, aren't you?)

Look for Round 2 in a different poll!
  8. Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Master

star 4
    yes, but what imdb doesn't tell you is that Samuel Jackson plays the same type of character in each movie....so he may as well
    only have one movie listed....

ok....maybe that's a little unfair...however.... here are the roles sam jackson plays.....

wise-cracking black guy

tough wise cracking black guy

and tough black guy....

so he should get credited with 3 movies....my bad.......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.