main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Yoda vs. Mace vs. Kenobi - Round 3: Voices

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jan 5, 2004.

?

Yoda vs. Mace vs. Kenobi - Round 3: Voices

Poll closed Jan 30, 2004.
  1. Yoda- voiced by Jim Henson, sounds a bit like grover

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Mace- Sam Jackson's deep, smooth American voice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kenobi- Ewan's (scottish) and Guiness (English)

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
  2. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Please post why you voted the way you did. This round is all about who has the coolest voice....

3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I voted for Kenobi, English voices are just COOL. Who can ever forget Kenobi in the classic trilogy saying "May the force be with you." ???

Sam Jackson's is cool, but I have to go with the Scottish and English on this one.

And Yoda... cute, kinda funny, but still reminds me of muppets....

4. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Actually voiced by Frank Oz, not Jim Hensen. Mace has the attitude and cool lines, but not the voice in my opinion. Ewan gets a huge A+ for imitating Sir Alec, but my vote goes for the Yodameister. Frank Oz has done incredible voice work throughout the years and Yoda has a very distinctive voice that everyone knows.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Hmmm..... you're right! It was Mr. Richard Frank Oznowicz, not Mr. Henson....

too early in the morning for me, I am getting my muppet meisters mixed up in a mighty way.

6. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Though thus far I've been all in favor of Sam Jackson, but in these movies he just didn't have a voice that stood out to me. Nor did he have any spiffy one liners...To me the voice has a big deal to do with the one liners....(someone with a monotone voice won't be as funny as someone with a more colourful voice if you understand my meaning.) But for this one I had to go with the Kenobi guys. I've always wanted an English accent and nothing is cooler than a Scottish accent...except maybe a heavy New York accent. :-D

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Don't forget "This party's over."

That was a pretty cool line.

8. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    the reason none of us think that Sam Jackson has a cool voice is because it is not exotic. He talks just like a west-coaster.

I vote for Obi-wan... scotts are awsome...

9. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Well I too have been in favor for Samuel L Jackson so far, however at this round I had to go to Yoda.

Frank Oz's whole carrer revolves around his voice, so it wouldnt make sense to me to vote for anyone else.
    While I agree that Ewan's voice is just cool, it doesn't compare to Yoda.

Not only does yoda have that fun voice, he also has the cool backwards speech that makes him stand out to anyone else who speaks english (or basic if you will) in the star wars movies...

so, all that to say...I vote Yoda

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    So we have Yoda coming in first, Kenobi coming in second, and Mace coming in last!

This round is closed! Be looking for round 4!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.