main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda vs Mace: Who is ultimately more powerful?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jinnobi, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Abominus

Darth_Abominus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    They are both ass kickers.

2. DeadDooku

DeadDooku Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    Yoda had Sidious beat, why else would Sidious try to run away rather than fight him!? He sure didnt run from Mace!

3. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    OK, but Yoda did not lose. I want that clear.

4. h0ly123

h0ly123 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    If you see Palps body language and facial experessions, its BEYOND obvious he was faking it. OIn the Mace fight that is.

[edit]For clarity[/edit]

5. Darth_Abominus

Darth_Abominus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Yoda lost because he failed to destroy Sidious, because that was what he set out to do.

But the battle, as far as I could tell, was essentially a draw.

6. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Mace more powerful.
    Yoda smarter.

7. Darth_Chuzzle

Darth_Chuzzle Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Mace at saber combat, Yoda for force powers.

8. red5jedi

red5jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 1998
    I've seen it twice already and each time it was clear that Yoda was more powerful than Darth Sidious and Mace Windu each viewing.

Here's the significant observation Palpatine was consumed by the dark side of the Force after the fight with Mace Windu and became more strong for his altercation with Yoda.

BTW, did you not see when Palpatine cried and screamed like a little girl when Mace Windu bitch slapped him to the ground. ;)

9. tephjo

tephjo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    From what I gathered, Yoda was a whole lot more powerful then Mace

Yoda and Sids will be debated till the end of time, but the way Sids was throwing multiple pods and Yoda stopped to return fire with one, I took it that Sids was more powerful but sloppier, but Yoda was slightly less so, but more controlled and focused

10. SithIsTheRightSide

SithIsTheRightSide Jedi Master star 1

Aug 28, 2001
    I think many of u underestimate Mace's power. Although Palpy is faking at that duel, Mace still got the upper hands.

I'm not saying that he is more powerful than Master Yoda(even in lightsaber skill), but he is on par with Palpy. Palpy is not that powerful, he is just a master of deception.

11. onehalfofdarthmaul

onehalfofdarthmaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    They are both pretty much equal.

At the of the day, Mace ends up deep fried in the night traffic.

Yoda ends up running for his life and living out the rest of his days in a swamp.

Sidious did them both.

12. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    I don't know, I think Mace actually had a chance. But only if he'd finished Palpatine right after disarming him. Yeah, Palpatine would've pulled out the lightning but with Mace still armed and able to defelct the power back at him, and think the 2nd baddest Jedi could've done it. Howeer, it was pretty obvious Palps was faking his weakness when Anakin arrived.

The Yoda/Sid battle: call it a draw as far as the battle itself. I think Yoda could've taken Sids, but because Sid held the high ground (not to mention the oodles of clonetroopers coming to save him) Yoda failed in his mission.

to sum up:
    Yoda: Baddest Jedi
    Mace: 2nd baddest.
    Palpatine: Powerful Sith Lord, but lucky too.

13. IceMan00004

IceMan00004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    I don't care what anyone says. Mace OWNED Palpatine.

14. EverlastingKnowItAll

EverlastingKnowItAll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    I don't care was anyone says. Mace got owned by Palpatine.

15. IceMan00004

Mar 16, 2002
    ^ That is also true, but not because he was a better fighter/force user.

16. EverlastingKnowItAll

EverlastingKnowItAll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    EXACTLY! You are the first one to see the point. Palpatine Pwn'd Mace because Palplatine is the grand manipulator. In a sheer match of swordsmanship Mace is the better. It is Palpatines shrewd manipulations of almost every event in the prequel trilogy that makes him Teh Pwnzor and Mace Teh Pwnt.

17. IceMan00004

Mar 16, 2002
    ^

EXACTLY!

Oh and about the Yoda/Mace debate. I don't necessarily feel one is stronger over the other. I believe they both have their strengths and weakenesses.

Force Power - Well it would appear Yoda has more power with the force...then again we have not really seen Mace do anything without his saber.

Lightsaber Skills - It's still kind of hard to determine (IMO). Based on the little evidence we have though I sort of feel we have to give this one to Mace.

I'm just going to leave it at that. In the end they are two of highest ranking members on the Jedi Council. In a fight it would all come down to the situation/setting.

18. Darth_Chaka_Kahn

Darth_Chaka_Kahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002

Does anyone else remember when we first got the spoiler about the Palps vs. Sid duel and how "Yoda got his little green booty kicked"......ahh the memories....

19. Sidious69

Sidious69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2004
    "TRULY WONDERFUL THE MIND OF A CHILD IS"

I saw it twice aleady.

Palps bitch slapped Mace once Anakin chose while Yoda could go toe to toe with Sids' lightning.

And the kids tells it like it is:

I had a survey after the movie asking random kids who saw ROTS and I suggest all you guys do the same coz Star Wars are for kids after all made by GL. And the kids will tell it like it is.

I asked them, did you see Star Wars??

How was it??

Most of them responded "It was awesome and I highly recommend it."

Then I ask them, "Who do you think is the most powerful??"

Some of them responded, "It's a toss up between Anakin or Chancellor Palpatine coz Palpatine was doing all those stuff."

While some of them responded, "Sidious and Yoda are equally the most powerful."

No one and I mean no one out of all the kids I asked in 2 different theatres said that Mace was powerful.

After Palps punked him with lightning out the window, Mace has become forgotten like Kit, Saesee, and Agen.

MAce is just a tool who had great fight coz of SLJ.

But all the kids say that Sidious and Yoda or Sidious or Anakin are the most powerful.

GL has done his job.

Sidious in ROTS:

Killed 3 Jedi Masters in seconds.

After luring Anakin, he instantly kills Mace.

Yoda who was giving it his all still could not beat the laughing Sith Master making Yoda go into exile.

Yoda in ROTS:

Eliminate clones with ease.

Squashed Royal guards with ease.

Went toe to toe with Sidious but still could not deliver the goods.

Mace in ROTS:

Went toe to toe with Sidious who was not giving it his all.

That's it.

So who is ultimately more powerful???

Sidious and Yoda bar none.

But in a more accurate winner.

Darth Sidious is.

For Yoda ran like a muppet.

20. SomebodyElse

SomebodyElse Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    Palpatine faked NOTHING until the very end of the fight......it was SO obvious he wasn't faking because he even looks scared when Anakin's not there yet....he only starts faking that he's too weak to continue, Mace dropped him plain as day...did your eyes deceive you or something?

21. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I need to see it all again to be sure, but first time round I thought Sids took a dive against Mace for Anakin's benefit.

Also, I didn't think Yoda was beaten by Sids. His failure was to destroy Sids, but the duel was pretty much a dead heat.

As I say - first impressions only, but I'd rank Yoda higher based on that.

22. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    As was said in the Mace/Palpatine thread, Mace beat Sidious in lightsabre combat, and Sidious didnt start acting until he was already beaten.

I'd say Mace may be better with a lightsabre than Yoda, and that Yoda, Mace and Sidious are so skilled that only their surroundings determine the outcome.

If the emperor had all those things to throw at Mace like he did to Yoda, perhaps mace would have gotten his ass kicked.

And the emperor is the most powerful force user, followed by Yoda.

None of that includes Anakin by the way.

23. Darth_Froschler

Darth_Froschler Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2004
    Notice the transition between the two duels at the time.

Obi Wan has the high ground...Palpatine has the high ground.

anakin ignores this and gets schooled.

Yoda recognizes this and bails.

------------------------------------------------------
    NICE CATCH DUDE!!!! I didnt even notice this. Perhaps yoda is stronger or just as strong as palps afterall!

24. vikingjedi1

vikingjedi1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    Yoda didn't run. He knew that Sidious had reenforcements coming. Maybe thats why the chair went up into the Senate, so that it would alert everybody to what was happening and 99% of them wanted the Jedi dead at that point.

Ive come to the conclusion that the Emperor was toying with Mace. Remember in ROTJ Luke (who is stronger than Mace) is an inch away from him and he's not even threatened. It takes BOTH Vader and Luke to defeat him.

Somebody pointed out in other thread that after the battle with Mace is over Palpatine gets up with no problems. This is right after supposedly being fried with his own lightning for like 20 seconds straight.

I would rank them like this:

Yoda
    Sidious
    Anakin
    Luke
    Mace

25. Jslader

Jslader Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 10, 1999
    Dude,Luke is not stronger than mace in the force. Neither is Palps, ultimately, more pwoerful than Mace or Yoda. The force is neutral; the dark side is not weaker nor stronger than the light, and vice versa. What determines the upper hand is how it is used, and because of how the Jedi use the force, the baddest sith could never best the baddest jedi, of which Mace, by virtue of fact that HE was the ebst swordsman (as stated by obi-wan and anakin), and that he was the chair of the jedi council, was one of.
    Palps was not toying with Mace anymore than he was toying with luke when frying him. His emotion controlled him in both scenes, but unlike Mace, Luke could not defelct the enrgy back to palps. (Side note: Yoda NEVER shot lightening from his hands; he always refelcted back at the orignal sender. Sometimes he held onto it for a couple seconds, but the power never orginate from him). And if vader had not cut Mace's hands off besides getting rid of the saber, arguably mace could have reflected the lightnening back at palps, since palps did NOT immediately jump back up to fry mace. After waiting like a minute while Mace and anakin debate, he then watches anakian cut off maces hands, looks with surprise and exhilaration at the fact that Anakin ultiamtely chose his side, and then BEGINS his "unlimited power" line before actually frying mace. Time elapsed for a strong user in the force to regain his energy like palps; it was not immediate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.