main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda vs Mace: Who is ultimately more powerful?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jinnobi, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    when 2 people fight if they both survive the fight the one who runs away loses.

same for dooku,he wasnt bested by yoda but he ran away so he lost.

2. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Now I wouldnt say that....

When Thor and the Hulk fought, Hulk beat the crap out of Thor....but as soon as his hammer returned Hulk "lost interest" and jumped away...I wouldnt say Hulk lost that one.

remember this?;)

Or how about this...if you're fighting a kid at recess and the teachers are on their way so you "run off" to keep from gettin in trouble, does that mean you lost the fight??

Even after the kid you were fighting couldnt gain the upper hand and you were backing him up the entire time??[face_thinking]

3. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

none of them had the upper hand.it was a tight fight that yoda lost.there is really not much more to discuss about it.

4. JohnMilner

JohnMilner Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2005
    Wow, you seem to pop up and knock down my points without the consideration that they are opinions.
    I guess you are really George Lucas, wafting through the boards, righting the wrong opinions of those of us here.
    Must be nice.

5. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    :_| [face_laugh] :_|

this is rich

because i disagree with your not proven opinion im george lucas ??[face_laugh]

nice try

6. JohnMilner

Mar 8, 2005
    because i disagree with your not proven opinion im george lucas ??

No...it's because your tone and verbage state finality in your opinion. There is no "proof" as it is a film and always up for debate unless it is catagorically stated as fact by the creator. I haven't come across any fact yet (and I state YET) where George says why Yoda does what he does. Until I do I will consider my OPINION an option.
    If it's in the commentary then I will check it out.

Otherwise, keep thinking you are the final say and I will see you as I see you.

7. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    what proof you want ?? yoda bailed the fight,you dont bail a fight if you are winning

wether he died or not means nothing.

dooku didnt kill obi wan but he handed him his ass twice in a silver platter with cream and a cherry on top.

obi wan didnt kill anakin but he won

mace didnt kill palpatine but he defeated him

so palpatine didnt kill yoda but he defeated him

all the proof you need is in that movie that will be on sale on november 1st.

8. JohnMilner

Mar 8, 2005
    Sigh.
    You obviously have YOUR proof. Others (myself INCLUDED) seem to disagree. You SHOULD be fine with that instead of stating your opinion as fact.

Anakin had NO LIMBS LEFT. I'd say it was pretty hard for him to run away, don't you? Short of plunging his saber into Anakin's chest and finishing him, I'd say Obi Wan effectively won that fight.

Yoda, was all in one piece, was alive to fight another day and could have, but realized the best way to defeat the Emperor was in someone else's hands (Luke). The fight was not over as both combatants were still alive.

I wouldn't say Yoda beat Dooku either, had Dooky stuck around he would have been schooled and finished off, but he ran thus interupting the fight.

Think what you will, don't superimpose it over my thoughts as some finality though.

9. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    Sigh.
    You obviously have YOUR proof. Others (myself INCLUDED) seem to disagree. You SHOULD be fine with that instead of stating your opinion as fact.

i'll decide what im fine with or not.for me my opinion is fact unless is refuted by GL.

Anakin had NO LIMBS LEFT. I'd say it was pretty hard for him to run away, don't you? Short of plunging his saber into Anakin's chest and finishing him, I'd say Obi Wan effectively won that fight.

irrelevant

Yoda, was all in one piece, was alive to fight another day and could have, but realized the best way to defeat the Emperor was in someone else's hands (Luke). The fight was not over as both combatants were still alive.

they werent exchanging pods or lightning so yes,the fight was over, yoda wouldn't bail on a fight unless he knew he couldnt win.

I wouldn't say Yoda beat Dooku either, had Dooky stuck around he would have been schooled and finished off, but he ran thus interupting the fight.

you will argue that dooku won the fihgt now ??[face_thinking]

Think what you will, don't superimpose it over my thoughts as some finality though.

if you dont wanna embrace the truth thats your lost.

10. mandragora

mandragora Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2005
    Unbelievable that people still argue Yoda didn't lose that fight, though I don't know how often this has been quoted:

"Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chambers, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two entered into a spectacular duel -- a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force's light and dark sides. The Emperor proved too powerful to defeat.Though Yoda held his own for much of the duel, in the end, the Sith bested him. He realized that directly confronting the Sith would be doomed to failure. Defeated, Yoda slinked away into the shadows of the Senate chamber's cavernous depths, leaping into a waiting getaway speeder piloted by Bail Organa."

Databank entry for Yoda, the official site. There's really nothing ambiguous in this entry, quite contrary to those on the duel with Mace.

11. JohnMilner

Mar 8, 2005
    Sithrules you are obviously too in love with yourself to concede others might disagree with you (is it hard to type on the computer while staring at yourself in the mirror?).

It is indeed "my lost" to not accept your truths, so I will leave it at that.

12. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    many have said the same ,thanks for the nice words.im obviously in love with myself,what did you expect ?? that i put your opinion over my own?? this is too much[face_sick]

13. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    What do you mean by powerful? Who's physically stronger or who has the knowledge to know their limits and adapt etc.? Because I'd say Windu for more raw power but Yoda for the latter.

14. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Sithrules70, will you kindly stop twisting everyones words into your own fanatic ideas? If you rather listen to what people say, perhaps you don't have to get too fixated by your own ideas, and instead try to reflect on some of the points offered here!

15. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I've never questioned Yoda's power over Mace. I didn't think there was ever any doubt that Yoda would be more powerful.

16. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Mace is clearly a powerful Jedi, but Yoda easily has the advantage.

17. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    this guy left the topic in the thread to say that yoda beated palpatine.how else can i react at such a post ??

18. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
  19. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Pretty accurate answer. I agree. Mace is the better fighter, but Yoda is the wiser and more Force-attuned, and the one who ultimately has best success. Of course, the last part (that Windu falls in Episode III), may be just because he was put in the unenviable position of having to confront the Sith Master while Anakin was on the verge of turning.

20. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Politely is the right answer for that question, yes. If you cannot in your own arrogance see that others may disagree with you, too bad for you. It is possible to view the duel in Yoda's favour, he did somehow make Sideous lose his lightsaber, and he did keep him from leaving, so there is substance in saying that Yoda won - don't be arrogant, please!! This is a discussion forum

21. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

i hear your opinions but im not gonna pretend that i think they are valid if im 99% sure they are not.

22. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Only a sith speaks in absolutes;)

23. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Yoda failed in the duel with Sidious. He failed because he failed to stop the Sith from ruling the galaxy. However, I didn't see Sidious landing anything near a death blow on him. Combat skill wise, I would consider the fight itself a draw, with a slight leaning towards Sidious. However, even what is technically a draw would be a victory for Sidious and a loss for Yoda because Sidious got to rule the galaxy whereas Yoda had to go and hide (on Dagobah, as it happens). It's just not the kind of victory that allows you to claim Sidious' immense superiority over Yoda in combat. Yoda just lost because he failed to do what he set out to do, to kill Sidious. Otherwise, they were evenly matched for most of the fight.

24. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    what else can i do,im a sith after all [face_devil]

25. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    thats exactly what i meant,if you read my post here and in the ROTS forums about the fight i've always said that it was the most tight duel of all but since yoda failed to do waht he intended to i just cant say he won.

i never said sidious won by superior skills but he won nontheless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.