main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda vs Mace: Who is ultimately more powerful?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jinnobi, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Master_Kun

Sith_Master_Kun Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    and all you ppl who argue that Palps had planned every bit of that Mace battle and was simply playing with Mace.......did he also plan to perform A Michael Jackson on himself.........like did he really need to turn himself into.....something that looks like a precursor to Yoda himself (a bit of green and der....wrinkley muppet)

but still.....the Force decides these things....it stopped Yoda from whooping palps....Anakin had to bring balance to the force and in JEDI he did.....

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Yoda

Mace is the number 2 jedi

3. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Is this a trick question?

Mace gets owned, palyed and killed by Palpatine.

Yoda gives Palaptine a run for his money.

Yoda has 800yrs of force knowledge.

Yoda is the ultimate swordsman.

Yoda is the most wise.

Yoda is the epitomy of the light side of the force. Palpatine is the dark.

Mace is just a jedi sucker. Eptiomises why they fall, shows their arrognace and identifies the mistakes they make.

4. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    ^^^^^^^^^^

More preconception arguments. I am seriously doubting those who think Mace sucks has paid the slightest attention to anything show about him.

5. zechin

zechin Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    Palpatine used a cheap shot, His only hope for survival was for anakin to save his butt and if anakin didnt save him, his head wouldve been chopped off. Someone who interferes in a fight i would have to say isnt considered a fight at all.

6. Jedi_Master_Aaz

Jedi_Master_Aaz Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2003
    In response to zechin's post, Palpatine DIDN'T need Anakin to save his butt. It was all an elaborate part of his grand design. Seriously, Palps has had ALOT of time to hone his powers, as we finally see during the duel (killing three Jedi Masters with a few lightsaber strokes)

Palps knew Anakin was coming, and thus appeared to lose to show the 'Jedi treachery' ("So it's treason then")

7. Everfett

Everfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2005
    Mace was bested by yoda and Dooku once, Palp either played him or the situation just played to mace's advantage. I would say mace won only under the circumstances, not a great swordsman, not as powerful as luke imo. Think about it...why? why in gods name would GL make a new most powerful jedi then have him die the way he did, no evidence points to mace being stronger than yoda or for that matter stronger than anyone except for the other "lesser" jedi except for that one flawed duel. It really makes no sense if you think about it, GL had yoda to be one of the last surviviing jedi in the OT, and mace....nothing, absolutely no reason to make mace the most powerful, yoda wins, although givin proper training anakin could have whooped em all...yea i said it

SJ said it himself: "Im supposed to be the 2nd baddest dude in the universe" although i think suited vader would'va found a way to whoop his ass tho

8. Deichkid

Deichkid Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    The official Databank says Mace is on par with Yoda. This means to me he's equal or near equal.

I've heard alot that Lucas says "Mace is second to Yoda" But I don't know where to find it.

Anybody know where George Lucas's quote "Mace is second to Yoda" is? That would settle this debate then.

9. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Nick Gillard says it and Obi Wan says to anaki in AOTC that he could rival master yoda as a swordsman.

Mace gets owned by sidious and screams like a little girl.

waaaaaaaaaaa!!!

10. Darth_Dweebie

Darth_Dweebie Jedi Master star 1

Aug 9, 2003
    Yoda. Hands down. Palps played Mace.

11. Deichkid

Deichkid Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Master Shaitan

So the quote came from Nick Gillard, can you tell me where I can see for myself

I only found this quote "In Episode III, Mace has to use every ounce of his ability. He has to fight for his life." from Nick in Just the Facts

12. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    Master_Shaitan:
    Mace gets owned by sidious and screams like a little girl.

Mace didn't get owned by Sidious before ANAKIN HELPED SIDIOUS. And how do you think getting your arm cut off and then take Force lightning. I bet just about anyone would scream like a baby in that situation, including you.

And Everfett, whether it makes sense to you or not, Mace is among the very most powerful. Both the movies and EU have shown that, and comments from the cast and crew confirm it. You may not like it, but that's just the way it is.

Finally, Darth Dweebie, you haven't got squat to prove Palpatine played Mace. That's merely what you biased Mace haters with Palpatine-is-a-Force-God preconceptions want to believe and will stick to at any cost.

13. Darth_Dweebie

Aug 9, 2003
    Yeah ok Macecouncil, I only saw Palps put his sabre up to Mace's chest then pull it away instead of running him through. Yeah I guess he just got scared from Mace's stare and pulled back. Yeah that makes sense. I am not a Mace hater, but you can always spot a Mace lover/worshiper because it is so easy to get their panties in a bunch, which obviously happened to you. Why do you care so much about how other people percieve what they have seen? So you like Mace. Who cares. Ok, I'll make you happy. Mace is the greatest entity in the Star Wars galaxy. He can snap his fingers and kill anyone he wants. There you go. And by the way, I actually do think Mace outclassed Palpatine in the Sabre fight after Palps pulled back. But the whole "Don't kill me!" was all show.

14. ome

ome Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2004
    every official source indicated that yoda is the stronger...but if you rely only on the movies then i can clearly tell you that mace would have never survived a duel in the senate...

15. Darth_Dweebie

Aug 9, 2003
    No contest. Yoda would whoop Mace's ass promptly.

16. ome

ome Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2004
    "Mace gets owned by sidious and screams like a little girl..."

[face_laugh]

yeah he did scream like a little girl...but nute's yelp was funnier... :D

anyway...it's actually vise versa...mace was the one who owned palpatine...both in the lightsaber duel(for sure) and in the force duel(that is yet to be determined)... [face_mischief]

17. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    No, Dweebie, the image where supposedly Palpatine has his lightsaber to Windu's chest is two-dimensional, meaning you don't see the depth. You can't really determine that it is against Mace Windu's chest or if it just looks like it. Besides, if you take another careful look at that image, Palpatine's arm is stretched to its limits, so he can't make a quick stab, but would have to take a step forward to slash Windu, in which time Windu would be able to back out. In a duel, things happened fast and that image hardly proves Palpatine spared Windu at the time.

You think I am biased, but unlike many of those who think Palpatine threw the fight like you do, I am not brute forcing my observations. I argue.

18. capone999

capone999 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    first i think we need to find out for CERTAIN if mace was getting tricked - anyone know lucas personally??

but my opnion is that mace had him beat, the way palps was disarmed didnt look planned, but although beat palpatine knew he would be ok cos of that little girl from tantooine, so he was playing there after.

19. Darth_Dweebie

Aug 9, 2003
    I don't think Palps threw the fight. I just think he played possum when he was on his back, not unleashing his full force power until he could get Anakin to turn. I was just foolin about the sabre part. Just trying to get your goat. I truly believe Mace beat Sids in Sabre combat. But as far as his force power, it was all about luring in Anakin in my opinion.

20. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    In my opinion, the whole fight between Mace and Palpy was the real deal up to the point when Anakin walks into the room. I read the novel a few days before I saw the film and it basically says that Palps was holding back, but that doesn't really count to me after seeing the film. Mace should have killed Palps after he disarmed him, we all know that wasn't meant to be since we already know how the story ends.

21. capone999

capone999 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    no one beats mace at sabre combat, apparantly he got the best technique - vaapad or somthing like that

22. Keith_Fisto

Keith_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    Dex is the most powerful. Anyone who can pull up there drawers while facing someone and it go unnoticed is "the man" !

23. innerwarrior

innerwarrior Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    from what i have gathered from the films, yoda is the most powerfull of all when it comes to using the force.

i think that is the way GL intended it as well.

in the yoda vs. sidious fight we know that sidious cannot be killed but i saw that it was definitivly shown that yoda was stronger in force powers. as you see right befor they both fall yoda catches sids electricity and hurls it back into his face showing he has more power. also right befor that happens you see the mean powerful look in yoda's face and a terrified look in sids face. if it were a boxing match where no one was knocked out, then yoda would be awarded the victory by descion because he showed more power then sid. sid just got luckly he had something to hold on to when he fell. different surroundings, and yoda kills sid.

24. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    I AGREE ALTHOUGH MACE IS VERY POWERFUL, OVERALL YODA IS SUPERIOR WHEN YOU TAKE INTO ACCOUNT ALL THE FACTS.

25. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Yoda is a pimp, what more is there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.