main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda vs Mace: Who is ultimately more powerful?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jinnobi, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Here is a topic of mine that is partly relevant to these issues...

http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_/b10331/19857265/?0

2. niikeb

niikeb Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Look at it this way mace vs palp maybe palp wins but its not gonna be instant. But when anakin comes either palp kills mace real quick, or mace and anakin kill palp, ooor palp does the only thign he can and thats risk everything to turn anakin, I dont think he can fight both. Anakin kills dooku whos close to mace, so what else could palp do except fight against 2 of the top jedi or turn the weak minded one.

3. Yodadious

Yodadious Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    It stopped yoda from whooping palps? How so, why didn't it stop palp's from whooping yoda? I mean, Yoda didn't exactly overpower sidious with lightning. He just matched it and the center exploded much like the force push between anakin and kenobi. Yoda lost his lightsaber. I cant remember if Palps lost his but i think he still had it. Either way, yoda realized it was a stalemate. He could not overcome sidious no matter what.

4. MrC123

MrC123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Palps was faking with Mace. He was playing the "sick role" to appear to be a weakling compared to his "jedi attacker." He did this so that Anakin would choose him over Mace; he did it to prove that the Jedi were trying to destroy him. Mace played right into it, even going as far as to destroy his captive (something Anakin was taught that good Jedi never do). Basically, Palps played one final ruse on Mace: he played possum just to try and prove the points he was making to Anakin earlier, and Mace only proved Palps' points to Anakin. Anakin saw what happened and acted. In short, Palps was trying his hardest to beat Yoda, and to me, it was still a draw. Yoda rules and Mace drools.

5. BIG_KIKS

BIG_KIKS Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    this is a good argumetn but remember in ATOC when ani tels padme that obiwan is as "wise as master yoda and as powerful as master windu" so does that mean that mace windu is more powerful and yoda is more wise?? but i think windu is a better swordsman but not as engergetic as yoda when he is perfoming his flips and qucik moves.

6. mo9630

mo9630 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2004
    Big_Kiks obiwan also said to anakin "you may even rival master yoda in swordsmenship" or something to that effect

yoda is more powerful, then sids then anakin, mace is 4

7. -Master_Yoda-

-Master_Yoda- Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2005
    Hee hee... Back on to the old Mace and Palpy fight.

When that scene was leaked, I took the opinion that Palpatine was faking. Having seen Episode III, I'm now no longer convinced. I seriously think Mace had got Palpatine. Just because you are stronger, doesn't mean you can't score one on the stronger every now and again - just look at the footie scores at the weekend (or baseball, for you non-soccer lovers across the pond :p). It just didn't look to me like Palpatine was faking.

In response to the question, I really wouldn't like to speculate. If you go on the OS EU stuff, only Yoda and Dooku bested him in lightsabre combat, but in terms of the films, I don't think there's much in it, and you'd never really find much to justify your answer. Yoda is wiser, but we'll never find out who is stronger between Yoda and Mace, although I personally would like to think Mace, as he's such a cool character, despite the wooden acting in Episode III.

8. padawan-yoda

padawan-yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I think mace did beat palpatine but I do see how it could work out that palpatine was faking, but In my opinion mace should have won that fight

even though I believe mace won I still think yoda is more powerful,concerining yoda's fight with palpatine I dont really think that he lost because the fight could have still continued but yoda realized the opportunity to kill palpatine was fading and he might have known or thought that clone troopers or other backup would be arriving soon and this would be his only chance to get away safely

all of this is debateable and it is only my opinion

9. Hikago

Hikago Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Mace is more skilled than Yoda with a lightsaber.

Yoda is the more skilled that Mace in the Force.

I think Mace did indeed defeat Sidious in their fight, but because Anakin interfered and said he had to be brought to trial, it gave Sidious enough time to recover.

I think if Yoda had continued and moved to a different location in the fight with Sidious he might have also been able to defeat him, but circumstances and the environment in which he fought him prevented him from doing so. It was better for him to retreat.

10. darthjim1

darthjim1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2005
    Yoda all the way, i think mace is good but not in yodas league, also i still cant believe people think that mace had palps beat, also yoda was kicking palps but up until yoda had a bit of bad luck and did't have a good grip like palps. i also noticed that palps was getting very worried and knew he was about to get an ass kicking but he happened to have some luck with hes grip, so YODA all the way for me.

11. tephjo

tephjo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    SLJ AND Lucas both have stated numerous times that Mace is the number TWO jedi behind Yoda.

Case closed.

Mace wouldnt have stood a chance against a Palps when he was using his full force power against Yoda in the senate.

There is a reason Palps didnt use ONE SINGLE FORCE POWER against Windu till after Anakin arrived, and that was to draw out the fight.

12. Talib

Talib Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Lightsaber Duel = Mace
    Force Duel = Yoda
    Mixed Duel = Yoda

imo..I think they are equal..

13. DeadDooku

DeadDooku Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    Yoda catches friggin Sith lightning in his bare hands and pushes it right back on Sidious/Dooku. Yoda also out duels Sids which is why the Dark Lord starts throwing Senate pods which Yoda also throws right back at him. We didn't see Palps try half as hard against Mace, gee I wonder why??? Maybe because Palps forsaw Anakins arrival. He didn't plan on his little green friend showing up though

14. Yin-Jun

Yin-Jun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    LOL, Mace was unable to deflect the lightning with his bare hands, Yoda is able to, Yoda lives and draw's with Sidious, Mace dies and was fooled by a mastermind, It's obvious Palpatine faked, he just told Anakin how bad the Jedi are and this and that, to turn Anakin against them, If Palpatine had killed all the Jedi before Anakin had arrived, he would of proved nothing, and only showed Anakin that he is the real evil one, and wanting to take over everything, he had to make out he was defeated to prove this to Anakin that this is how bad things have gotten even the so called Jedi are being evil and wanting to murder a 'father figure' in Anakin's life, as well as the Chancellor of the Republic, he fooled Mace & Anakin, there was so many points in the duel Palpatine could of taken him out, go and watch the movie again where Palpatine sticks the lightsabre to Mace's chest, then removes it and continues fighting (waiting for Anakin) he had already planted the seed in Anakin's head, when he was sitting in the Jedi Council Chamber's, he knew he'd come, he wanted to save Padme and he had already lured him with another lie, of being able to save people from dying, It really is so obvious, can't believe other's haven't noticed it, unless they just really dont want the 'evil' guy to win this time round, dont worry, fast forward to ROTJ , your moment does come, so anyhows, back to the topic, I'd say Palpatine would of and could of, and definitely did beat Mace, but against Yoda it was a stale mate, Yoda is more powerful and definitely a better lightsaber wielder, look how slow and useless Mace looked, compared to the lightning attacking speeds of Yoda, he's the wiset, strongest and fastest Jedi (Palpatine & Yoda) Equal, unless they thought on an even level instead of in the senate room, I think Yoda may just get the better of him, so Palpatine/Yoda, Anakin, Mace is how i'd put things down in Order. [face_love]

15. ViridianForTheWin

ViridianForTheWin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    in light saber mastery mace > yoda

in force understanding Quigon > yoda > mace.

16. Yin-Jun

Jun 1, 2002
    Howcan you say lightsabre mastery?
    The only person they ever mention to have a great reputation with a lightsabre, is Yoda (i.e - Obi-Wan to Anakin in Attack Of The Clones) it's all there for you, not in black and white, in colour, check it out.

Where do you get your evidence of Mace being the best lightsabre wielder, seriously, he's too slow, Palpatine only now and then flips a few times whilst fighting Mace, Yoda would of been all over Mace If they ever got it off, it'd be embarassing for him, Mace has '1' lightsabre duel, and loses, he was slow, clumsy, and got fooled, Yoda has been in '2' with the 'best' Sith Lords known to the galaxy at the time, and he rivals them both, Makes dooku run, and scares palpatine with his own lightning attack, Yoda is the pinacle of the Jedi, no one comes close to him, no one can wield a lightsabre as fast, or as accurate, or as deadly as Yoda does.

17. Harrison_Solo

Harrison_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2003
    Mace was a better fighter/warrior, Yoda was wiser with the Force. I think Mace was way more aggressive and would beat Yoda one-on-one, but that doesn't make him more powerful.

The way I see it, Palpatine had the most force skill, then Yoda, while Mace had the best fighting moves, followed by Palpatine. When Yoda and Palpatine dueled Palpatine had a bunch of objects to throw at Yoda, so his superior force power helped him win. But against Mace, there wasn't much in the office to help Palpatine overcome Mace's superior saber-skills, so Mace won. Duels come down to individual styles and abilities and where you are.

So Yoda and Mace are both very powerful, but they have different skills. Personally, I think Anakin/Vader was the most skilled with a saber based on ROTS while Palpatine was the strongest with pure Force powers. Yoda was second in Force powers while Mace was second in saber skills.

18. CPShArp

CPShArp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2005
    Yoda is more powerful, although he was owned by Sidious, Mace did not beat Sidious he let Mace win so Anakin would turn to the dark side and help Sidious kill Mace. U can tell cause b4 Mace tries to kill Sidious he's like please don't kill me, the jedi are taking over, im too weak, etc ; hes obviosly faking it. Sidious can easily defeat Mace.

19. tephjo

Mar 30, 2005
    Id say Anakin must be the best light saber duelest in the order then. :)

I didnt see Mace do a thing to Sidious that Dooku or Anakin couldnt do.

Why didnt Sidious just use his force powers against Windu like he did with Yoda, when hes hurling 4 giants pods at him like so much free candy??

The answer is because it would demask him.

Sids didnt use one single force power till AFTER Anakin was present to bear wittness.

Mace says Sids is under arrest.

Sids kills all his buds.

Mace still says Sids is under arrest when he is on the floor, then anakin enters.

Sidious takes over the conversation and tells Anakin that Mace is here to KILL him, not arrest. All Mace says is that the oppression of the sith will NEVER return. Sids has lost.

Sidious shoots lightning at Windu, windu changes his mind about arresting him and goes for murder.

This makes it look like murder was ALWAYS Windus motivation, as he says nothing to anakin otherwise in this scene due to Sids taking things over.

Sids wins.

20. Yin-Jun

Jun 1, 2002
    I wouldn't say Palpatine owned Yoda tho, I mean considering he thru about 9 senate pods with ease, and Yoda only thru '1' but, it was pretty even i thought, 50/50.. Definitely faking against Mace tho, from being all 'weak' to being 'power, unlimited power' - hmm, think about it [face_love]

21. ViridianForTheWin

May 19, 2005
    "Howcan you say lightsabre mastery?
    The only person they ever mention to have a great reputation with a lightsabre, is Yoda (i.e - Obi-Wan to Anakin in Attack Of The Clones) it's all there for you, not in black and white, in colour, check it out.

Where do you get your evidence of Mace being the best lightsabre wielder, seriously, he's too slow, Palpatine only now and then flips a few times whilst fighting Mace, Yoda would of been all over Mace If they ever got it off, it'd be embarassing for him, Mace has '1' lightsabre duel, and loses, he was slow, clumsy, and got fooled, Yoda has been in '2' with the 'best' Sith Lords known to the galaxy at the time, and he rivals them both, Makes dooku run, and scares palpatine with his own lightning attack, Yoda is the pinacle of the Jedi, no one comes close to him, no one can wield a lightsabre as fast, or as accurate, or as deadly as Yoda does."

im basing it on mace because he finaly got the uper hand on palpatine. though he isnt as good as yoda in intercepting the force lightning he tried to defend himself, and failed, though he took the blow way easier than yoda did. yoda started to get tired and felt his pride lost when he finished the fight with the emperor, he knew that if he has stayed on to fight, he would have surely died. just because you see a see a$$ looking thing moving in lightspeed holding a light saber doesnt mean he is powerful with the light saber. because he is too small, he needs to be faster in order to be effective, but not deadly. mace may be slow, but his skill with a light saber is indeed good engough that he can go into a stance that is slow and less effective but extremely more powerful.

so please dont bash me so un effortlessly again cuz your teh lose !!

22. tephjo

Mar 30, 2005
    Pretty much.

I thought the "unlimited power!" was a sure sign that Sids wasnt even close to being a little drained from that fight.

The fact that he gets up not at all in pain also helped.

Hes grinning ear to ear when Anakin makes his choice. :) Almost like he was waiting on it.

23. CPShArp

CPShArp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2005

Uh hes not bashing u hes just correcting u, i mean u only said best saber user>yoda>mace or watever no evidence given until like ur 3rd post. Besides Windu never had the upper hand, Sidious let Mace win so Anakin could go down the dark path. Like I said Sidious can easily defeat Windu which he does in the end.

24. ViridianForTheWin

May 19, 2005
    thats a matter of opinion, from my point of view palpy got it hard, because wind managed to ricochet back the force lightning to him.

so really, there is no wrong and right, this post was started to see what was every one elses opinion. you cant make me believe that the emperor was faking it.

25. Yin-Jun

Jun 1, 2002

With a comment like that ^ you've already proved to me how immature and insignificant your posts are, the IQ level of a rat, yeah I'm impressed, now I don't have to waste my time In reading anymore of your posts, as your opinion means nothing because your knowledge and intelligence Is also nothing, but thank you for trying anyhows *applauds*

Definitely, If Palpatine used any 'aggressive force powers' against Mace, he would of shown his true self, he had to wait for the right moment, for an example, put Mace In the senate room with Sidious, and the way he was fighting against Yoda, you think Mace would of been able to last, Or at least avoid those Senate Pods aswell as Yoda does, Mace would of been owned within the first 2 pods hitting, we've already seen and been proved by the fact Mace couldn't handle the lightning.

[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.