main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda vs. Sidious re-match?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by TrueJedi, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Piltoff Edit: No.

2. dude4c

dude4c Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2003
    are you suggesting that Luke didn't finish his training? because i swear i heard Yoda say,"no more training do you need, already know that which you need."

3. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    "Do not underestimate the power's of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will"

Yoda to Luke ROTJ

Luke should of listened slightly better and the little green man should of been a little more transparent in his general statement to clarify.

Not unless of course Luke was on a suicide mission as some proclaim? "Soon I'll be dead and you with me".

4. dude4c

Dec 3, 2003
    Luke was not on a suiside mission. it wasn't until he felt that he was endangering the mission that he turned himself in and found himself on the DS. having faith that Han would succeed and so would the rebels, he realized OMG their gonna blow this thing up and i'm on it. therefore giving birth to that statement.

5. Flames

Flames Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2006
    Hey, that would be cool! :)

OBI-WAN: Anakin, no!

ANAKIN: It's alright, Master, I saw a gunship down there! *jumps and realizes too late that the "gunship" was only a rock*

Anakin - he's a bit reckless sometimes
    /Flames

6. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

Well that's what I'm talking about. The bit in bold.

7. MASTER_JEDI

MASTER_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2001
    Yoda had only a single chance to kill Sidious and he didn't do it. Once Yoda went into exile he would be mad to confront Sidious. I wouldn't want to see a rematch between Sidious and Yoda.

The only way to fight the Emperor was to send Luke to confront Vader so in turn Vader could kill the Emperor and fulfill his destiny.

8. JediSF

JediSF Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    One of the first drafts if the ROTJ script had Palps's throne room surrounded by a lava (Mustafar-like) environment. Palps ends up in the lava, sent to his death. Obi in spirit form informs Luke that the Emperor is now Yoda's to deal with. That would be the extenet of what I would even entertain as a Yoda/Sidious re-match. Anakin was the Chosen One. it was his destiny alone to deal with Sidious. Yoda and Sidious fought basically to a stalmate in RoTS leavingYoda no chocie but to withdraw for when the time was right for the Jedi to start over. A re-match between Yoda and Sidious would have defeated the entire point of the CT and the Saga. It was Anakin's purpose and ultimately his redemption. Killing Sidious was never Yoda's purpose.

9. dude4c

Dec 3, 2003
    i like the idea of a rematch. and you wouldn't have to have yoda win. i would like to see yoda give himself to the force at some point in the battle (ala obiwan). this way you keep anivader to kill palps. the dule could be short like the dooku dule in ROTS. could you imagine the look on anakins face (or whats left of it) when yoda entered the room.

10. Obi-WanKenobi06

Obi-WanKenobi06 Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2006
    How would this work though? You all do realize how much would have to be...changed for Yoda to enter at that pivotal scene...?

11. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    And he died in the process.

As Malcolm X would say, we must go "by any means necessary" to do what is right and he didn't mean "let your enemies push you around".

12. Sith_Rocks

Sith_Rocks Jedi Knight

May 15, 2006

Strictly speaking Luke didn't succeed. Vader intervened because he realized how evil the Emperor was. Luke didn't chuck his lightsabre because it was evil. After all the lightsaber is the weapon of the Jedi. Luke chucked it because he couldn't trust himself to it fearing killing his father out of fear and vengence.

Vader used necessary force to kill the Emperor to preserve the Jedi Order (I don't know if that was his intent) and to protect Padme's and His son. Vader killing Palpitine SAVED himself as he finally did what he should have long ago.

It is NEVER darkness to preserve peace and your own life when those things are threatened by others

13. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    PMT99

True he died, but he still succeeded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.