main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Yoda was much stronger than Mace Windu theory.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jonathan Stromstad, Apr 29, 2013.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Eye of the storm.​

Dredalus, rumsmuggler and GGrievous like this.
  2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

It doesn't quite fit Mace's personality. Although he was calm in the prequels. :p

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Palps would have killed Mace in the saber duel if he could, but he couldn't. He wasn't holding back, he just was outmatched by Windu until Anakin literally disarmed Mace and Palps went Pikachu on his ***.

4. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    GL and Wookieepedia (one of the biggest sources for everything Star Wars) disagree though. They both say that Mace had won the duel. And I think that we can't actually ever know if Palpatine was holding back or not. All I know is that he set up the situation when he was disarmed to fool Anakin and manipulate him to the Dark Side.

5. Vladimir777

Vladimir777 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2013
    So I stumbled onto another Star Wars forum (StarWarsForums.com), and they are all pretty obsessed with the fact that Mace is stronger than Yoda. Personally, I disagree, and believe that Yoda is the strongest Jedi, followed by Mace, and despite what the RotS commentary and other sources say, I always felt that Sidious manipulated the fight with Mace to bring Anakin over to the Dark Side. Now maybe this is because of my own personal bias towards Sidious, and the fact that I never really liked Mace much (I feel like we are supposed to believe he is a bad-ass just because he's played by Samuel L. Jackson, which is kinda lame), but that is just what I've always thought.

But anyways, these Star Wars Forums have all kinds of versus and "Power Levels" match-ups, and almost all of them seem to think that Mace is the strongest person in the entire prequel trilogy. Just food for thought. No clue where they get their "battle levels" and stuff from.

6. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Exactly!!

Best post I have seem this year! :)

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    What other sources have weighed in on this issue?

8. Vladimir777

Vladimir777 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2013
    I suppose the RotS novelization, as well as Wookieepedia (from what I hear--I haven't actually really had a chance to look around on there, since my work blocks it, and I mostly go on sites like this at work).

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The RotS novel does seem to support this somewhat.

There came a turning point in the clash of the light against the dark.

It did not come from a flash of lightning or slash of energy blade, though there were these in plenty; it did not come from a flying kick or a surgically precise punch, though these were traded, too.

It came as the battle shifted from the holding office to the great Chancellor's Podium; it came as the hydraulic lift beneath the Podium raised it on its tower of durasteel a hundred meters and more, so that it became a laserpoint of battle flaring at the focus of the vast emptiness of the Senate Arena; it came as the Force and the podium's controls ripped delegation pods free of the curving walls and made of them hammers, battering rams, catapult stones crashing and crushing against each other in a rolling thunder-roar that echoed the Senate's cheers for the galaxy's new Emperor.

It came when the avatar of light resolved into the lineage of the Jedi; when the lineage of the Jedi refined into one single Jedi.

It came when Yoda found himself alone against the dark.

In that lightning-speared tornado of feet and fists and blades and bashing machines, his vision finally pierced the darkness that had clouded the Force.

Finally, he saw the truth.

This truth: that he, the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known...

just--

didn't--

have it.

He'd never had it. He had lost before he started.

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Been a long time since I read that.