main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda was on Endor... in spirit anyway

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by sweetcaroline, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcaroline

sweetcaroline Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2004
    After having watched RotJ ump-teen cagillion times I never noticed this scene in RotJ... Til last November. I saw it and I was amazed and I asked a friend of mine who said he too has seen this.

In the scene when C3PO is flying around on that make-shift throne there's a scene which shows the camera looking out of one of the huts. If you look closely, in the foreground watching this spectacle, is Yoda.

It's very fast. Yoda was there with them, watching over them. If I knew how, I would paste a picture of it so I could back up my claim.

He's to the extreme left of the camera's view but he is there, watching them.

2. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    Seriously? Wow. Maybe that was just the crew goofing around, or just an active imagination?

I'll check it out tonight on my DVD set! :)

3. sweetcaroline

Jun 23, 2004
    He was. I never saw it either. I have a tendency to watch the background but that one day I decided to watch the foreground in that scene and there he was. He is there! :)

4. Phumfeinz

Phumfeinz Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    Can anyone post a pic? i have the boxset but i plan on watching it at the weekend. When i'll have star wars battlefront as well! the demo is great, i can only expect it to be much better with a friend. anyway, pics?

5. sweetcaroline

Jun 23, 2004
    Believe me if I had freeze-frame I would post a pic for you. He is there. My sister saw it, my niece saw it. You have to look in the fore-ground and to your left. He is there. It happens so fast. It's the SE version that I saw him.

6. Dark_Lord_Yoda

Dark_Lord_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2004
    My twin you have spotted yes. Look for him tonight I will.

:Yoda's evil twin:

7. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    Heh heh. Me too, also, Yoda is there in spirit anyway, at the end...!

8. sweetcaroline

Jun 23, 2004
    I'm not referring to the ghost sequence at the end of RotJ.

He's in a scene before that. When 3PO is flying around on that throne and you see that scene thru an opening of one of the huts. He's on the left-hand side of the screen looking out and watching everything. It happens very fast. I wish I could paste a picture so everyone can see what I'm on about. This is very frustrating. It would help if I had a picture to show y'all.

9. Phumfeinz

Phumfeinz Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    Yes i do believe you, its just im lazy.

10. wookeemewang

wookeemewang Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    Do you have the DVDs? If so - can you tell us the time on your DVD player...

11. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Grand-Moff-Tarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    I have just checked both the originals and 1997 special editions of Jedi, and I think I know what you're talking about. I think you are referring to the scene directly before the scene in which we see the baby Ewok in the basket crouching down.

Although the foreground is dark, you can make out something. I'm pretty sure it's just an Ewok, and the thing that appears to be Yoda 'ears' are just a part of the Ewok's mask/head covering. I can see how you could have mistaken it for Yoda though. Unfortunately, it's just another Ewok.

12. sweetcaroline

Jun 23, 2004
    When I've seen that scene there's light from a fire in the hut so it is lit up and the light does shine on him. It's weird that before that time I had never noticed him and now when I do see that movie and I see that scene I can't help but notice him standing there looking out.

My sister and niece saw him there as well as my friend but when I showed my brother he said he didn't see anyone there, least of all not Yoda. It's weird to say the least.

It's a view of inside the hut looking out on the activity. I'm trying to think of when it was, meaning before the crouching baby Ewok or not. I really need to take a look again. When you see that whole scene again slow it down if you can so you can see what I'm talking about.

If I could I'd post a picture of it I would.

13. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    PPOR

i'll look tonite - but i find it hard to believe.

14. sweetcaroline

Jun 23, 2004
    PPOR?

Just watch closely! He's there!!

Slow it down if you have to. Like I said, it happens really fast.

15. JediLaura01

JediLaura01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2001
    Interesting...I'll look for that!

16. Darth-Jett

Darth-Jett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    PPOR?

It means "Post Proof Or Retract".

I hope you're right about this, it would be pretty interesting. Although I fear the cult following it will attract. I sense more "Ice Cream Guy"-esque topics.

17. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Jul 26, 2004
    I've freeze framed it while I was watching it and I know where you're talking about, but like I said, I'm almost 100% sure it's an Ewok, and I can see how it could be mistaken for Yoda.

18. sweetcaroline

Jun 23, 2004
    Thanks for explaining DarthJett :)

Maybe it is an Ewok. It's just so weird that I've never noticed that before and now I can't help but see it everytime I watch RotJ.

19. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    [image=http://www.backyardproductions.co.uk/mark/yoda.jpg]

Don't see it myself

20. sweetcaroline

Jun 23, 2004
    That's too dark. I'm talking about the SE RotJ. It wouldn't be on the O-OT.

halibut: I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for you posting that picture. It's just that I can't tell anything 'cause of the lack of light. Thank you for posting it.

The scene I'm referring to is when 3PO's floating around in the air and the cameras looking out from the hut. There is fire light and for a brief moment in the left hand corner of the screen you see Yoda, or what I thought was Yoda, looking out and watching.
    Something even more interesting about that scene

21. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Jul 26, 2004
    Halibut has the right picture that I was talking about. I even lightened the picture up on my computer and there is no doubt that it is an Ewok. It's the same in both the originals and special editions.

If I knew how to post the lightened picture from my computer to here I'd do it, but I don't know how.

22. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Sounds like Tarkin's got it right.

23. sweetcaroline

Jun 23, 2004
    That is just so weird. I remember thinking it was Yoda 'cause of the big ears.

24. Dark_Lord_Yoda

Dark_Lord_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2004
    Eyes playing tricks on you they are yes.

:Yoda's evil twin:

25. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Can someone edit that pic so there is a circle around where he is suppoed to be, please i really want to see this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.