Yoda Words

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by ForceMaster101, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight

star 5
    When Luke is leaving on ESB to rescue Han and Leia Obi Wan says
    "That boy was our last hope"
    and Yoda says
    "No.There is another"
    What does that mean?

Yoda Loves You :cool:

2. hew Jedi Master

star 4
  3. ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Leia?
    Why would it be Leia cause she has the force in her or something and I can see Leia with a lightsaber can you?

4. SLR Jedi Knight

star 5
    There are actually many topics on this subject. Some people think it is a reference to Leia. While others like myself think he is referring to Anakin. You might want to find some of those threads.
  5. DARTHBROKER Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Interesting SLR. Never thought of it in that light. I'm going to have to think about this one for a while.
  6. jedi_john_33 Jedi Knight

star 7
    leia never really does come to terms with her lineage as luke does. she basically tells one person that luke is her brother and then makes out with han.

i like the anakin angle, he is meant to bring balance to the force. he sees luke's suffering and he fixes it. saving himself, luke and the essence of the true force.
  7. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I've always argued that it was Anakin.

Why? Because Yoda doesn't have to tell Obi-Wan at that point that Leia was still out there. We can assume that Obi-Wan either knew about Leia all along or had been told by Yoda at some point. Yoda had no reason to keep Leia's existence a secret from his only ally.

What could be happening in that exchange instead is Yoda and Obi-Wan are rehashing an old point they've argued many times before. Remember that Yoda is the one who seems to believe in Anakin at that point. He's sympathetic to Anakin and portrays him as someone who is still basically good, just being exploited by Palpatine. Look at the language Yoda uses to describe Anakin: an "agent"; someone who "underestimated" the Emperor. He never accuses Anakin of being the source of the evil.

Now look at the way Obi-Wan presents Anakin. He's "more machine than man, twisted and evil." Obi-Wan also says his mistake of thinking Anakin could be trained to be a decent Jedi was in the past. I think he no longer believes that Anakin is capable of doing anything and is counting on Luke to kill him.

Bottom line: Obi-Wan thinks only Luke can save the galaxy. Yoda thinks Anakin can still come back.
  8. coney_1_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it was just a clue for the next film, but that's just my opinion.
  9. PhantomMenace Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yeah I think he was referring to Leia. At the time that movie came out, nobody knew that Leia was going to be Luke's sister, and it's a bit of a clue as to what was going to happen in the next movie. So in ROTJ when Luke learns of Leia being his sister, the audience is like....."Oh so that's who the other was".
  10. Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling

star 4
    At the time of filming ESB, it was in reference to Luke's sister, a character that lived on the other side of the galaxy.
  11. ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Thank You for all your comments and I can't see Leia with a lightsaber and I can't see this..
    "Leia,I am your father"
    "NOOOOOOOOOOO"

12. Master_Sidious Jedi Youngling

star 1
    If you just take it at face value, you could think Leia, but I agree with DLM, Anakin is the one Yoda is referring to.

I also think if you take Return Of The Jedi at face value, you could think of Luke, but I again think it refers to Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.