main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jett_Ridge, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jett_Ridge

Jett_Ridge Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2002
    I was just told to come to this board so here goes: I don't have time to write a story, but I would appreciate if someone who had a little imagination write one about the events in Yoda's life. Or maybe just one event; others could be added later. Any ideas?

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah, I have an idea.

I was thinking for a long time about writing a SHORT story that shows Yoda's anguish at his master's death (who, of course, dies in the hands of a Sith Lord (maybe Palpy's master)--though Yoda doesn't know that). Through dealing with his master's death, Yoda comes up with the "Do it or do not, there is no try" slogan. And maybe that was when he realized the value of patience. Maybe before then he was really, really cranky and pulled pranks on everybody.

How does it sound?

Aunecah_Skywalker

3. Jett_Ridge

Jun 2, 2002
    Not bad, that could be used for one of the chronicles. Umm... I also would like something that would show why he's the master, and his true power. In reference to my first statement the name of the story could be called Yoda: The Chronicles.

4. Jett_Ridge

Jun 2, 2002
    Is anyone interested in writing this?

5. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    I might . But it will be very short (probably a one-poster), and it'll come anywhere from a day to three weeks later. I have two other fan fics I'm writing (not to mention the RR).

Aunecah_Skywalker

6. Uuta_Shetai

Uuta_Shetai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2002
    I have a story which will be coming out a little later which details Yoda's ascension to the top of the Council. It'll probably be quite a while, though (like, say, early-mid next year). I'll have to see how fast I write the one I'm getting ready to start.

7. Jett_Ridge

Jun 2, 2002
    That's sounds awesome. I really want someone to make sure they prove why he's the master. I guess I'm a little sour that he didn't destroy Count Dooku in a couple seconds, that's all. Anyways, hope it turns out.

8. Annbri

Annbri Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Ahh, but remember: Killing is not the Jedi way. Yoda preferred to deter, distract, disarm, anything but kill Dooku. I know, that bothers me too.

9. Jett_Ridge

Jun 2, 2002
    That is a good point but I still think that he could have saved a lot of trouble by just killing him. Anyways, maybe this story coul have some kind of foreshadowing to why Yoda perferred to keep his fighting style underwraps. This is the first time we've ever seen it, and no one ever made in mention of it in the original trilogy.

10. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah, I know the feeling Jett_Ridge . Seriously, I sometimes thought that the Jedi reasons for non-violence feel ... wrong.

I mean, if the Jedi like fight only in self-defense, then it's like I saying "I don't care about what happens to the rest of the galaxy; only if this evil, evil person comes and threatens me (or my family) I'm going to fight him and maybe kill him."

I agree the Jedi can't just kill Boba Fett if they run into him at a bar ... but they should at least kill the evil people they're fighting. By giving them a "second chance," they're just allowing them to commit some serious offenses and create perhaps a couple of Death Stars before getting killed.

::Shrugs.:: Just some thoughts. Sorry for rambling on.

Aunecah_Skywalker

11. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    I'm writing a fic with Yoda in it, around the time when he first becomes a member of the Council, though it's quite a bit befor TPM. However, he isn't the mian character, he's the main character's former Master. He does play a prominent role, but it's more of an effect from the sidelines.

Though I'd love to write a really early Yoda fic when I get the time...

~~Aanix

12. Jett_Ridge

Jun 2, 2002
    That sounds interesting.... Yeah, It's just a surprise to me that there are so many stories out there, but really hardly any are written with Yoda as the prominent character. Maybe we'll see one soon...

13. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    i'm starting to write a dooku/yoda fic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.