main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda's hutt - Outpost for foreign guests

Discussion in 'Archive: Poland' started by Damarcus, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zap

Zap Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Oh sure. He does live here after all. The only REAL Santa lives in Finland. Don't believe that american "Santa lives in the North Pole" crap. :)

And thank you all for the nice welcome!!

The winter doesn't seem to be coming at all here this year. Usually this time in December there's at least some snow and the temperature is below 0 degrees, but now (at least in southern Finland) it's been pretty warm... and not a sight of snow anywhere. Sad, so sad...

Hmm, pretty typical for a Finn to start talking about weather.. Our version of small talk....

Well, what do you think about joining the EU next year? Are you for or against it?

2. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I'm for joining EU :D

This is our only hope to catch up with Europe :)

3. Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2003
    Chimpo - you're young, so you can think like this ;)
    I'm against. I have many reasons, but we have no choice, we have to join EU.

4. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Mefisto you're young, so you can think like this Oh brother not again :p

I'm against. I have many reasons, but we have no choice, we have to join EU. Yep he did it again ;)

5. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    I'm for it.

If our governments can't rule our country alone, we have to ask for help :p

6. Master_Thon

Master_Thon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Welcome ISD Devastator, Chickadee

Sorry for my late welcome... :(

Hmm... I'm for joining EU :D
    but I don't like this changes that they are about to make in EU... I think it's ridiculous to make changes before new countries will enter EU...

But can we end this topic about politicans etc?? :(
    Let's talk about Star Wars :D

7. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Master_T: you are right, let's talk about Star Wars! Let me introduce myself; I got sw-fewer when ANH got screened first time on Finland. Nope, didn't see it on premiere but few weeks later, also made horrible error as not going to premiere of ESB. Since then I have managed to get myself for every screened premier of sw-movies on Finland. Proud, eh? -Yep!

Have you guys/girls ever thought is there any location on your country, which looks a very same than any location filmed on Star Wars movies?
    Here on Finland the very northern parts of Lappland do look like a Hoth during the winter time. Not much for Dagobah, Alderaan or DeathStar over here.

8. Damarcus

Damarcus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    We have Dagobah it's called "Biebrzanski park narodowy" this is the biigest swamp in Europe it's on UNESCO list :cool: . In the Summer some of our forests looks like Endor but I think that Finland, as a country of 1000 lakes must look like Naboo in summer.

Hello Baltic_herring

9. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Hello Baltic_herring :)

It's nice to see you here again.

We have Zubry that look like Bantha's.
    And... this looks like all I can say for now :p

10. Master_Thon

Master_Thon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Hi Baltic_herring :D

Sometimes Warsaw make me think that it's Coruscant.. I know this is hard to see any similarities beetwen them... but when you came from your small city to bigger, like Warsaw, you see difference :D

11. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Hi Baltic_herring

Near Leba is a National Park, and there are big dunes, which are similar to those from Tatooine... :D

12. Chickadee

Chickadee Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2003
    "I think that Finland, as a country of 1000 lakes must look like Naboo in summer."

There are lots of lakes in Finland, but most of them are in the central part of the country. In the southern parts (where I was born) the landscapes contain only fields and pine forests.

It's difficult to compare Finland to SW planets, but some forests remind of Endor a little (except that trees are not that long). And sometimes walking to school in winter feels like being at Hoth.

(Sorry, just one more thing about politics and EU. Finland is in EU, and I'm still angry that I was too young to vote when Finland decided about joining EU. I was, and still am, against EU. I don't have any really good reason, except euro. I haven't become very familiar with it and I'd rather like to use our old marks.)

13. RedLord

RedLord Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 2000
    Hello Poland, Redlord's speaking from France!!

14. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Hello RedLord :)

15. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Hi RedLord :)

16. Damarcus

Jul 7, 2003
    Hi RedLord how about France?? Is there any region wich looks similar to Star Wars planets ??

17. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
    Hi RedLord ! I've only been to France twice in my life, both times to Paris and I must say that you have a very interesting and beautiful capital. :)

18. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Hi again, sorry for the delay. I was preparing for my math exam. [face_plain] Thanks for the warm welcomings!

"but some forests remind of Endor a little (except that trees are not that long)."
    Our bears are larger [face_mischief]

I've been in Lapland. In winter it was so dark that I couldn't see much, but what I managed to see reminded me of Hoth.

19. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Oh, on Finland we do also have few bars like Jabbas palace. One of them did actually have 1:1 Han Solo on Carbonite statue and sometimes it's crowded by very strange people. Once 3 Tuskens came to say for me: "sandpeople are easily startled but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers." That was fun! They should have more often those star wars evenings.

20. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Hey guys, I love your Christmas banner... :D

21. Damarcus

Jul 7, 2003
    Yeah our banner is cool this is the picture of our conversations in topic: "Imprezka". Similar topic you can find in Slavic General Discussion. The topic is called "Party"

22. Chickadee

Chickadee Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2003
    Wow, great christmas banner! Who made it?

23. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Our banner designer Kirtan_Loor :)

24. Damarcus

Jul 7, 2003
    I'm only wondering why there is no any Yuuzhan Vong Warrior ?[face_plain]

25. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
    because Vong warriors aren't very Christmasy :p