Yoda's Padawan

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by 3_Foot_Jedi, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Foot_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey all, sorry if this has been posted before but I'm new around here.

Was watching the OT last night and in ESB, Obi-Wan's voice keeps saying that he was trained by Yoda, but I don't recall that ever happening? He was trained by Qui-Gon and as soon as he died took on his own padawan and after Vader turned he fled to Tatooine......so when did Yoda ever train Obi-Wan?
  2. DarthGere Jedi Youngling

star 2
    When Obi-Wan was a "youngling".

(It's from a certain point of view.)
  3. DarthLassic007 Jedi Knight

star 6
    This question must be in the FAQs list.
  4. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yoda presumably trains all the younglings until they reach a certain age to be taken as a Padawan Learner.
  5. DS615 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That, and it doesn't have the same ring if Obi had said: "The master who trained me is dead, and was killed by a psyco-clown so he wouldn't be of much use anyway. So you have to go see Yoda, mostly because he's the only one left."
  6. TK-513 Jedi Youngling

I think its the youngling connection to Yoda. He trained them all at first, for 800 years.
  7. Padme_0421 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    ya so techincally yoda is eveyrone's master until they get a new one. Like Obi got Qui-Gon.

~KT
  8. Hades2021 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Also, Yoda could have trained Obi while they were in exhile. (About force ghost type stuff)
  9. rumsmuggler Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yoda is every jedi's master considering his trains all the Jedi children before they are apprenticed on their way to knighthood.
  10. Darth_Juggalo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah the whole point of showing youngling in AOTC was to crarify this point. Up until that point i thought that this was another plot whole. EU also cleared up this discrepency several times most notable in a scholastic series about the training of OBI (can't recall the name).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.