main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda's Position as Head of Council

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by vladimir_imp, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC-47

TC-47 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    I am very unsure about Yoda now; is he a wise, unrespected trainer or a wise, respected high council member... I guess we'll never know[face_thinking]

2. MystikalMaceWindu

MystikalMaceWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    I like Yoda portrayed just the way he is.
    Knowing, in his words, that he has failed, gives his "later" words in the OT more weight. Even at his old age, he has learned some big lessons. So, knowing that the Jedi Council was in shambles, and knowing that Yoda didn't defeat Sidious, and sadly believed he failed, and had to go into isolation, gives all his words to Luke that much more power. We now know the whole story, and just why Yoda tells Luke to not underestimate the power of the Emperor.

3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Eloquently expressed, Mr Windu.

I believe the following comments on another message board help clarify my thoughts on the entire matter:

Character growth! It adds to the fabric of Star Wars and the profundity of the prequellian tale. No person is too big or too small - and, in Yoda's case, he is metaphorically and literally both - to have gaps in their knowledge, and depending on whether the Force is kind to them or not, learn something new. As Shakespeare wrote, "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy". The universe is a complex place and we are complex creatures. Star Wars is ostensibly about both and powerfully reflects this. No one has complete wisdom and foresight - nor should they.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.