main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda's stupidest move...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Eminent_Being, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005

I KIND OF agree with you on the 3 worthless Posse members. They didn't seem to bring much to the party. But a YODA/MACE combo would be unstoppable in my opinion. Mace can beat Sidious alone and Yoda can draw or barely lose to Sidious alone, so those 2 together can beat any tandem in the galaxy, if they don't turn into horrible tag team partners (which could be the case). The fact of the matter is that the jedi should have stuck together. Strength in Numbers - HELLO? MCFLY? This isn't a new thought, and surely one that the jedi shouldn't get wrong. Hmmmmm, the whole galaxy is a mess.....hmmmmm, let's have Yoda fly to a whole other galaxy and completely remove himself from being ANY help where it matters. Real Smart. Let's all SCATTER! yah. Come on. That would be like the U.S. trying to fight wars in a bunch of different countries right now instead of focussing on our problems here in the United States that we can directly impact ...... OH WAIT ......

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Let's leave current politics out of things please. :)

3. Eminent_Being

Eminent_Being Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2007
    I don't know, we've never seen Mundi in a duel, yeah, Kit sucks, but lets say this. Obi-Wan and Mundi vs. Anakin and Yoda and Mace vs. Palpatine. I really can't see the Sith coming out on top, in close quarters or not. I think people overestimate Anakin a lot, oh, yeah, he might lose Padme, if he couldn't beat Obi-Wan, there is no way he is going to beat 5 Jedi Councilers.

4. MASTER_DOODOO

Mar 15, 2005

Precisely. Good post.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Obi-wan wouldn't be able to handle Anakin, when he isn't expecting a betrayal and he's no match for Palpatine. He'll die just as easily as the Jedi Posse. Only Yoda, Anakin and Mace are in Palpatine's league. Anakin only lost because he lost control of his anger and was filled with arrogance, which Obi-wan used against him. All because he was prepared for it. He wouldn't be prepared for this. And Yoda is no match for two Sith Lords, that's why he tells Obi-wan to that they have to divide & conquer. If they both fought Sidious, the Dark Lord would wait hold out until Vader came home sensing the danger his Master is in. That's why when Yoda fled, Palpatine took off for Mustarfar.

6. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Another inconsistancy in the PT: Space Travelling. In the OT we get a feeling that it takes time - Luke is trained by Ben in outer space. In AOTC Padme enlightens us on the same problem - that even with super technology, it takes time to travel. Sooooo, Mustafar is on the Outer Rims, but Palpatine and OBW can reach it in a couple of minutes - but in AOTC they cannot reach Geonosis in a day or so???

I'm sure you have a good reason why you think OBW would not hold longer than the possee, but there is nothing in the films to suggest that. OBW did pull off some great moves and victories, and he just has this big problem of dying!:p

Also, what is to keep Anakin from losing his head in the scenario where Palpatine and Anakin is fighting together? He would still be fighting OBW - who then has betrayed him. He will still be fighting for Padme and against everything he used to believe in...

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Bingo. =D=

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    All Luke got for training was what we saw, which wasn't much. Also, if you stop and pay attention, Han indicates that it won't take long to reach Alderaan from Tatooine.

From Tatooine to Geonosis, Padme said that it's just a parsec away. It didn't take them that long to get there. It took the rest of the Jedi longer, because first they had to assemble all 212 members and then wait to see the outcome of the vote in the Senate.

Yoda said that Obi-wan is not good enough to fight Palpatine. That's something said.

Except when he fought Obi-wan, he was filled with arrogance that he could not control and Obi-wan was prepared for all of his attacks. This time he wouldn't be prepared, because the betrayal would be sudden and Anakin wouldn't be filled with arrogance, which allowed Obi-wan to win.

9. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002

What Yoda should've done was hurl the Pillar at Dooku's ship to prevent him from fleeing.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Or at least plug up the ship's entrance with it.

DOOKU: D'oh!

11. Eminent_Being

Eminent_Being Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2007
    Well, wouldn't Anakin be filled with anger and still as arrogant as he was on Mustafar? Then, while Yoda and Mace concentrate on Palps, Ki Adi Mundi, Kit, and Obi-Wan could concentrate on our overconfident punk from Tatooine. Anakin is not that great a swordsman, if he was, he would've beaten Obi-Wan. If he could not beat Obi-Wan, then how is he gonna beat 5 Jedi Masters?

12. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Personally I think his stupidest move was:

"Agree with you the Council does. Your apprentice Skywalker will be."

I still shake my head every time, even though I know it's crucial for the future.

13. MASTER_DOODOO

Mar 15, 2005
    Yah, this doesn't make any sense.

"I will train the boy. Without the approval of the council, if I must."

- Yoda ignites his saber -

"You got it, Yoda. He's all yours. I'll be at the pub if you need anything. Peace out."

14. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Oh, I agree with that Fenn. Yoda woulda kicked AnaVader's impatient ass all over the place.

Is that supposed to be a fact? Did you ascertain the Force and come to this conclusion?

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Anakin defeated the man who taught Obi-wan how to fight. He lost to Obi-wan because he jumped over him and got cut down. There's no high ground for Obi-wan to rely on and he can take the other Jedi out, as easily as he took out the Master's in the Temple.

16. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I thought Yoda was outvoted. Yoda even says that he did NOT agree with Obi-Wan taking him, but that the council did. So it was more of a stupid move by the council, rather than Yoda

17. Yodas_Got_Bed_Head

Yodas_Got_Bed_Head Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2004
    That's the best alternative (regarding the actual topic) I've read so far.

18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Sinister Edit: Content removed.

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Guys, knock it off. Let's keep our personal feelings out of this thread.

20. MASTER_DOODOO

Mar 15, 2005
    This is the WORST analysis ever. Obi-Wan OWNS Sith. Winning record, baby. He even says it. "Sith Lords are our SPECIALTY." 2 Kills (3 if you include Grievous), 1 real loss (Dooku Ep. 2), and one draw (voluntary loss). For my money, Episode 3 on, if I'm going with anybody in a one on one Sith vs. Jedi battle, it's Obi-Wan. Lucas hired 2 actors that played Obi-Wan so well and made the character so admirable, that it almost makes Star Wars look like it's about him rather than Skywalker.

21. DarthApocalypse

DarthApocalypse Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2007

Obi-Wan has a .500 record against Sith. He is 2-2. He lost twice to Dooku, but killed Maul and beat Anakin. Obi-Wan's wins vs Anakin and Maul were close, but in his losses, Dooku totally whipped Obi-Wan's ass. I won't count Vader, because like you said that was a voluntary loss.In his wins Obi-Wan had to use the Dark Side in his fight against Maul, and like Sinister said only beat Anakin because of Anakin's lack of emotional control. Mace even says in the ROTS novel that Anakin is the most powerful Jedi alive when he is stable. You can't count Grevious because he can't use the Force and is not a Sith. So no Obi-Wan does not own Sith.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Why would you include Grievous?

23. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Here's how I see it.

TPM:
    Kenobi was manhandled by Darth Maul and only defeated him because Maul lost his focus while Kenobi was hanging on for dear life. (at least thats what they tell me :p) But the movies don't lie, so Kenobi gets the "W"... even though he really should have lost.

AOTC:
    Kenobi gets mocked, scarred and pwned by Dooku... it wasn't even close. Kenobi gets the "L" with no if's and's or but's about it.

ROTS:
    Once again Dooku pwned him. In fact, he tossed Kenobi across the room like a rag-doll. Another "L" for the soon to be Old-Ben. Then we hear: "This is the end for you my Master..." as he is looking for a way off the platform. Kenobi only gets the "W" here because AnaVader lost his mind.

*That dueling business with Grievous doesn't, doesn't count.:p

StarWars:
    This one is a bit tricky, I know Kenobi sacrificed himself so 'Cool-hand Luke and the gang' could escape... but I seriously doubt he could've beaten Vader. Either way, he still lost the duel. "L"

Kenobi had 2 wins and 3 losses in my book.

EDIT:

I always thought that Kenobi's line about the Sith being their special-T, was a tongue in cheek reference to them both being totally pwned by Dooku in the last movie.:D

24. MASTER_DOODOO

Mar 15, 2005
    Anakin is 1. No doubts there. He's the chosen one. He's the only one who defeats a Sith GRAND MASTER. And helps defeat a Jedi Grand Master. But as for number 2, only Obi Wan has a kill against a Sith. That's impressive to me.

25. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    There's also Mace who had Palpatine beaten until Anakin betrayed him. He didn't net the kill, but he had won. Anakin's record is definitely one of the best though given that he kills two Sith(three if you include Vader.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.