main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Yoda's Vision. "Yoda finds a baby" PG/ Baby JA 19th MAY *Thanks* The End*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Poor Obi-Wan the klutz falling into the swamp immediately, I'm sure I would have done the same thing.[face_laugh] I'm really curious about Qui-Gon's vision and I can't wait to see what will happen when he visits Dagobah. Wonderful update! =D= =D=

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Thank the Force Obi-Wan has Yoda to look after him.

Loved how he fell into the swamp upon arrivial on Dagobah.

Very nice update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Obi-fan_Kenobi

Obi-fan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2006

Yes!!!!!!!! Xanatos just got what he deserved!!! Revenge is sweet![face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]
    Qui-Gon too but apparently he didn't learn anything from his punishment. He still is the same self-centered man who believes that Yoda needs him. If Yoda come back, it will be his own decision, not Qui-Gon's.
    I have the feeling that Qui-Gon will be surprise when he will discover that the boy of the vision is not him but little Obi.
    I can't wait to see his reaction.

I absolutly love the relationship between Yoda and Obi-Wan. They are so cute together.[face_love] [face_love]
    A least Obi will be able to grow up without the mocking remarks of the other younglings. I'm sure he will do great.

Great job=D= =D=
    Great post! Send a new one soon!

4. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I probably would have falllen in the swamp too!!!!!!LOL...Amaizng post!!!!!!and poor dense Qui-Gon.

5. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    [face_laugh] at how this chapter started! you really have a great grasp of the way yoda talks, and every sentence he said make me :D
    and obi falling in the swamp was hilarious!

it's too bad qui-gon had to get a lightsaber through his chest before he realized xanatos's evil! WOW, he is dense when it comes to that boy!
    it seems qui might be starting to see the light though....
    another superb post! =D=

6. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    "Oh Master I think something is alive in my shirt, it is wriggling" Obi said as he stood stock still.
    "Found one of the inhabitants, you have" As Yoda reached in and took the wriggly creature and threw it back in the swamp.

[face_laugh] You never know who'll come out to meet you on Dagobah!

I am glad that Qui-Gon wasn't killed by Xanatos, but he could certainly use some "force glasses" to see things more clearly right now! :-B

Nice update! Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

Maybe one of these days I can get a break from Darth RL! [face_praying]

Star

7. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    "Oh Master, I think something is alive in my shirt, it is wriggling," Obi said as he stood stock still.

"Found one of the inhabitants, you have." As Yoda reached in and took the wriggly creature and threw it back in the swamp.

Well, it seems like the locals have already welcomed him. It is certainly an imporvement compared to the Temple. ;)

Some where in his memory he thought someone had told him the Kenobi boy had died. He had thought that was the only logical reason why his Master would leave the Jedi order, he had taken the child away from the harshness of Temple life, believing that Yoda had felt sorry for the sickly child, and had wanted to give the boy some peace before his end came.

:rolleyes: *resumes hitting Qui-Gon with her shoe*

He is starting to understand, but as Yoda would say, "Much to learn he still has." :D

Wonderful work as always!

Ani-maniac

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

LilyHobbitJedi
    Poor Obi-Wan the klutz falling into the swamp
    When I saw R2D2 fall in and then get chucked out by that creature it made me laugh.[face_laugh]
    So it was the obvious choice because Obi-wan wouldn't know any better, not ever being near a swamp before.
    And besides Dabobah looks like the whole planet is a swamp.

and yes he is a bit of a klutz8-}

KELIA Yoda is the best and he will always look out for
    Obi-wan

Obi-fan_Kenobi Ahh you feel the same way about Xanatos as I do:mad:
    Does Qui-Gon ever learn until it is almost
    too late[face_shame_on_you] Qui-Gon
    Yoda is the best, well after Obi of course!![:D]

kenobiwanobi It seem logical for Obi who is only a child to want to run down the ramp, like all little kids
    and plop!!:oops:
    I am sure Qui-Gon will see the light one day[face_laugh]

obi_webbThanks I think after writing stories with Yoda in them his way of speaking grows on you.[face_laugh]
    I still see Obi-wan as mister ever so clean, and getting him muddy in the swamp, was fun.8-}

Star_Drifter something is alive in my shirt, it is wriggling
    At least I wasn't sithy and made it a blood sucker[face_devil]
    just a harmless wriggler:D

Mmmmm "force glasses" Maybe thats why Qui-Gon keeps making mistakes, he needs glasses.:oops:
    Maybe one of these days I can get a break from Darth RL!
    Yes DRL can be a problem, but one I am sure you can handle
    my friend.[:D]

Ani-maniac "Found one of the inhabitants, you have."
    He is quite the one isn't he, doesn't need to look far for trouble, but as usual Yoda to the rescue.[face_dancing]
    The locals have certainly welcomed him[:D] with open arms
    *resumes hitting Qui-Gon with her shoe*
    Is it a BIG Shoe8-}

Thanks everyone @};-

9. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Several days? later Qui-Gons ship broke through the atmosphere of the planet Dagabah.
    He had commed Yoda just to make sure he was still there and that he was coming to see him.

?Master Yoda, I am nearing Dagabah, permission to land If I may?? Qui-Gon said.

?Expected your call I did? was Yoda?s reply.
    ?Wait for your arrival I will? he said.

Qui-Gon chuckled to himself ?Will I ever be able to sneak up on my old Master, I doubt it.
    Umm he sounded happy enough but you can never tell with Yoda?

He punched in the co-ordinates of Yoda?s home, and landed his craft a few miles from Yoda?s home as the forest was too thick to land any closer.
    Qui-Gon felt like a kid again trekking through the forest with its sounds and smells filling him with peace.
    For such a swampy back water planet it reeked of the living force, it always amazed Qui-gon how such a sense of peace
    and tranquillity could come from this jungle like planet.

By the time he neared Yoda?s home the sun was high in the sky and Qui-Gons stomach was rumbling from hunger.
    He was sure he could smell food cooking. (?Yoda?s famous Dagabah stew no doubt, he never did tell me what was actually in it? Probably don?t really want to know?) he thought.
    As he was walking his mind wandered back to when he was a young Padawan, Yoda would have him running around the pond chasing fish.
    Or running up the hill on the other side of the swamp carrying Yoda on his back, Qui-Gon chuckled as he thought
    of Yoda?s cane.
    It suddenly occurred to him that Yoda had that cane even then when Qui-Gon was only twelve.
    the smell of food cooking was getting stronger, he was getting close, he sensed the pull of the force like a conduit
    drawing him in to it?s flow.
    He was amazed how strong the force was here especially as he got closer to Yoda, he broke through a rather heavy section of forest, sensing he was close very close.
    On the other side of the pond he could see Yoda?s home, there was smoke coming from the chimney.

(Ahh just in time for lunch ) he thought.
    He surveyed the area and checked out the pond, it still looked the same as it was when he was last here.
    Except for the presence of the force it seemed stronger than it had been for him, he searched the jungle edges of the pond, vines were dangling down from the trees, something was there he could sense it , it was a very strong force presence.
    The harmony of the living force flowed through the force signature, somewhere in the foliage, it was like a brilliant bolt of lightening.
    It all started to look familiar to him it was as if he was in his own vision.

Just as he thought it the sun broke through the canopy of trees and the beam of light shone down, and there laying on the ground was the object of his vision, just as he had seen it.

Qui-Gon froze he couldn?t believe his eyes, then without a hint of surprise the boy sat up and turned to face Qui-Gon.

?Hello Sir? the young boy said.
    ?We have been expecting you? he smiled.

?I am very glad you have arrived? the boy said intently.

Qui-Gon was speechless for a moment then he said ?Why are you glad that I have arrived??

The boy rose gracefully to his feet, Qui-Gon couldn?t help notice that this boy was beautiful, Qui-Gon presumed he was about thirteen or fourteen, by the shape and size of him.

The boy appeared to be very fit, his body was muscular, he only had leggings on that came down to his knees and no shoes on.
    As he came closer Qui-Gon could see the sparkle in his eyes, which confirmed he was younger than Qui-Gons first impression.

Qui-Gon could sense a peaceful and strong aura coming from this boy, he was like a breath of fresh air.

He stopped and looked up at the tall Master, and then he said. ?Because I am very hungry, and Master said that we couldn?t eat until you arrived.?

?Well? Qui-Gon said as he grinned at the innocent looking boy
    ?We had better hurry then, I certainly wouldn?t want you to starve on my account?

?Great? the youth said as he turned and started to run towards the house, h

10. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    I loved it how Qui-Gon was flabbergasted by seeing a strong and assertive Obi-Wan instead of a sickly, clumsy Obi-Wan. I'm very curious to see what exactly you have in store for this story. Wonderful update!

11. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I'm wondering where your going with this one too. I think Yoda is the best master for this Obi. I really liked the image of Obi feeding the birds.

12. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    This is such a wonderful story..I never know what to expect;but believe me I always want more!!!!Amazing job with everything!!!!!!

13. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    He was sure he could smell food cooking. (?Yoda?s famous Dagabah stew no doubt, he never did tell me what was actually in it? Probably don?t really want to know?) he thought.

[face_worried] I'm not sure I want to know either. ;)

Yoda and Qui-Gon watched as the boy dived in the pond surfacing on the other side near a rope swing, tied to a branch hanging over the pond.
    They watched him for several minutes swinging out over the water jumping in the pond. Qui-Gon watched the enjoyment on the face of this amazing boy.

It is nice to see Obi-Wan so much stronger and more relaxed. But that better not be the same pond with the creature that tried to swallow R2, lol... *has the stange image of Obi-Wan flying through the air instead* ;)

And to answer your question, yes, it is a very big shoe, lol. I think it is working too, since Qui-Gon finally seems to have some sense. :D

As always, wonderful work! [:D]

Ani-maniac

14. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    nevermind the pm, the fanfic boards let me on today:D

loved the update! quite a shock, NO cliffhanger ending! but it was cool! the post worked really well, and i enjoyed seeing how obi has matured. especially liked yoda making him find the specific rock for training.
    look forward to what's next!
    =D=

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

LilyHobbitJedi Yes Qui-Gon was quick to think the worst about Obi-wan.
    But could never see any bad in his own apprentice.
    He needs a lesson.[face_whistling]

jodiwent Wondering are you ?
    Tell you I will not! wait and see you must![face_whistling]
    Yoda is the best Master but 800 hundred years old is he

He He He:D

kenobiwanobi thank you
    expect the unexpected!:D

Ani-maniac Me too I wonder what is in Dagabah stew
    not knowing what animals and plant are on Dagabah I didn't want to hazzard a guess.[face_laugh]
    Obi wont be playing in the swamp[face_worried]
    maybe we should chuck Qui in and see whats there:D

obi_webb glad the boards didn't beat you.

"No cliffie today" and I think Yoda would be a hard Master
    making his charge stretch his limits.
    But it has made Obi strong how stron we will see:D

Here we go.....

Qui-Gon and Yoda settled down on the couch with a cup of cha and some biscuits that Obi-wan had made, to mark their visitors arrival.

Qui-Gon sighed in pleasant surprise when Obi-wan appeared freshly showered his shoulder length hair was pulled back from his face and plaited at the back.
    He had on an almost new looking Jedi tunic and trousers, brown calf length boots and a wide brown belt around his middle; he was the perfect picture of a Jedi Padawan.

After the evening meal Yoda handed Obi-wan a book the boy sat on the floor in between the two Masters and began to read out loud.
    The book was the old history of the Jedi from the beginning to the dark days of the coming of the Sith, and to their destruction.
    The book told in detail the power of the light side and the evils of the dark side.

After each page was read Master Yoda would ask Obi to explain what he had read, mostly he had a good grasp on the contents and their meanings.

?Enough reading for tonight young one? Yoda motioned for Obi to put the book away.
    When he came back and sat down between the two Masters. Yoda asked Qui-Gon;
    ?Tell us you will Qui-Gon the Temple how is it??

Qui-Gon looked thoughtfully at the two, realising that Yoda was trying to get Qui-Gon talking to his young charge.
    ?Well the temple hasn?t really changed that much everyone is two years older and hopefully wiser.
    There have been many problems for the Council, with several Planets receding from the Republic.

The Senate has been requesting more and more Jedi to negotiate settlements.
    But to no avail, the galaxy seems to be splitting into two groups.
    Those who wish to remain as a republic and those who do not.
    Obi-wans brow furrowed, listening to Qui-Gon.

He noticed and asked the boy what he felt about that.
    ?What about you Obi-wan has Master Yoda taught you about the republic and its problems.
    Do you have any thoughts on the reasons why so many Planets are receding from the republic.

?There is darkness about? It pulls at the leaders of those planets and scares those who are weak into fleeing.
    Powerful dark forces blind them to the truth, and believe what they are being told about the republic is true,
    that the republic has lost it?s power and will not defend the weak, the darkness feeds off their fears.

Qui-Gon was mystified by the response, it sounded foreboding. He could sense sadness from the boy.
    ?Those are heavy thoughts from one so young.? He remarked.
    ?Truth he speaks, sense it we both do. Evil coming, future is at risk for all.
    Yoda said agreeing with the boy.

?Yes well? Qui-Gon said. Then he changed the subject.
    ?Do you miss the Temple and your friends Obi-wan?
    The boy looked at him with wide eyes, he hadn?t thought about the Temple for a long time, he was content were he was, but then he remembered that he had, had some friends at the temple.

?I-I guess I?hadn?t really thought about it.

Obi-wan stared at Qui-Gon wondering what he should say, he didn?t have any close friends back at the Temple.

?Is Master Fergus still the Gardener?? I liked to help him, he let me plant some flowers. He paused.

?

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    He was about to tell Yoda about his sleep when Yoda cut in. ?Because if not ask, you not tell what is troubling you, No secrets between us, can feel your worry. Keep it inside you must not.?

Wise Jedi!

Cute story, I am enjoying it.

17. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    that was a superb post! you really did an exceptional job! quite intriguing with the mentioning of all the planets leaving the republic.. is this going to be an AU of the prequels? should be quite interesting!

i especially love how you portray obi in this. he's a lot more sure of himself then he is in some of your stories i think. (not that it doesn't work in the other stories, it does! but i like the difference in this)
    it was surprising when he said he didn't really like qui-gon.. but it is perfectly understandable him feeling that way with how he was treated.

He turned to Master Yoda ?Mind you not, what Master Qui-Gon says? ?knows nothing does he of faith, young one

i loved that! go yoda! it's great how supportive he is of obi:D
    and it looks like qui is starting to come around as well!:cool:

brillant story! this just gets better as it goes!

18. Obi-fan_Kenobi

Obi-fan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2006
    I absolutly love it![face_love]

Finally Obi can show his true potentiel and finally Qui-Gon learn from his mistakes. Everything is not lost for him.

I hope that he will able to etablish a strong bond with Obi before they all come back to the temple because I feel that Obi will need the support of both Qui-Gon and Yoda there.
    He afraid and that's absolutly understandable.

I just hope that Xanatos will not escape and come back to take his revenge on Obi and Qui-Gon.

The relationship between Obi and master Yoda is so cute. Obi only needed kindness and that's what good old Yoda gave him.
    I really love that troll!

Could Obi-Wan be the Chosen One ?

19. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    What a wonderful update! I loved it how Yoda finally knocked some sense into Qui-Gon's thick skull. And he's going to train Obi-Wan!! How totally cool. Good job, I can't wait for more. =D= =D=

20. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    I have escaped from Darth RL again! [face_dancing]

At least I wasn't sithy and made it a blood sucker
    just a harmless wriggler

[face_mischief] Maybe you should have sent the blood sucker after Qui-Gon! [face_whistling]

Qui-Gon watched in awe, as no Jedi this young could do what Yoda was asking this boy to do.
    Granted most eleven year olds could levitate large objects.

But not while upside down balancing on a rock high above the water, on one hand while searching the pond with the help of the force to find a specific rock.
    Qui-Gon watched as the boy closed his eyes, he could sense the force swirling in and around the boy.

That's our Obi! [:D]

Qui-Gon realised he was wrong in his assumption.
    ?Master forgive me, I seem to make many mistakes, where Padawans are concerned. he said.
    ?Feel sorry for yourself you may, sorry for you I am not? Make only one mistake have you ?Not listen to the force?
    ?Listen to the force now you should, see the future you will? Yoda answered.

o_O I don't feel sorry for him either! But, at least he finally seems to be learning from his mistakes...

Wonderful updates, GK! Thanks for the PM's! [:D]

Star

21. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    This is absolutely a wonderful story. Great writing=D=

22. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    I am sorry that I missed a post~Great job~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Amazing details!

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Valairy_Scot I always thought Yoda would be a better
    teacher he is a confidence builder whereas Qui-Gon puts him down.
    Even in the movies apparently Yoda taught
    Obi before Qui did.:D

obi_webb Yep Yoda is a great teacher, better than Qui-Gon I think.
    Qui-Gon reminds Obi too much like Xanatos.
    He will have to change his ways if he wants to be friends with Obi-wan.:D

Obi-fan_Kenobi Yoda knew Obi had potential thats why he took him away.
    Xanatos is long gone he will not reappear in this story.
    It is hard not to love Yoda[face_love]
    "The chosen one?"
    In the movie it is Obi-wan who keeps Luke safe, and the chosen one was to bring balance back to the force
    well Obi-wan did that by saving the babies and looking after Luke
    Obi-wan was chosen to do that.

Anyway thats my version:D

LilyHobbitJedi Isn't it amazing how often Yoda has to knock sense into Qui-Gon[face_laugh]

Star_Drifter Ummm a blood sucker now theres a thought maybe Qui-Gon can fall in the swamp Ummm good[face_idea]
    I think I will let up on poor Qui-Gon for
    just a while [face_whistling]

PRINCESSCAMBRIA Thank you :D

kenobiwanobi No worries! another post
    coming shortly[:D]

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Obi-wan finished his morning meal quickly, and asked to be excused.
    ?Hurry you seem to be in? Master Yoda said.

Obi-wan fiddled in his seat and glanced at Qui-Gon and then back to Yoda.
    ?I do not want to be late for morning lesson Master? Obi-wan said not covering his excitement very well.

?Had many morning lessons,like today, never this anxious, this day no different, is it not?? Yoda inquired.

Obi-wan grinned. ?Master this day is a new day, unlike any other it is, for it is the present day, and yesterday is the past,
    and Master you have told me many times, do not dwell in the past.
    While I accept that I have had many morning lessons, each lesson has been different, You yourself have taught me never to anticipate the lesson as it may surprise me?.

?Hurumph? ?So listen to me you do?? Yoda cackled.

?Always Master? Obi smiled.

?Very well young one excused you are? Yoda said.

After Obi-wan left the dwelling, Qui-Gon chuckled.
    ?I could feel the excitement bubbling in him, like this was his very first lesson.
    ?I am glad that he feels comfortable in allowing me to spar with him, but I must admit he is getting ready quite early
    he still has an hour to go?

?Excited he is, to have lessons from some one other than me.?
    ? Taught him much I have, foresee my moves already he can.?
    Yoda said.

Qui-Gon shook his head and said. ?Master he is just a child, he has much to learn, maybe you are right ?too old you are?" and then Qui-Gon laughed.

?Do not underestimate young Obi-wan for surprise you he will? Yoda said as he shook his cane at Qui-Gon.

Yoda and Qui-Gon made their way to the field it was flat but there were boulders spotting the field.
    Qui-Gon memorised their position so as not to crash into them during their spar.

Obi-wan was sitting on the grass in meditation, the force was filling him, and both Masters could sense the light in Obi-wan growing within, calming him and settling his nerves.

They waited and in a few minutes there was a feeling of complete harmony between Obi-wan and the force.
    Soon he gracefully rose to his feet and turned to face them.

?Masters I am ready? he said quietly.

?Then begin you shall," Yoda stated as he moved off to sit on one of the largest boulders.

Qui-Gon stepped in front of Obi-wan taking out his sabre, and bowed, Obi-wan bowed as well taking out his sabre and holding it in front of him.

Qui-Gon was impressed, the boy was waiting for him to ignite his sabre first, he had positioned his feet apart and his eyes were focused on Qui-Gon.
    Qui-gon ignited and parried forward immediately, Obi-wan used the force to jump back and landed on a low boulder.
    still he hadn?t ignited his sabre, Qui-Gon circled the boulder and as he did Obi-wan moved with him keeping his eyes on the Master.
    Qui-Gon made to lunge to the left and then he swung his blade to the right, thinking Obi-wan would be off balance, and would miss the strike aimed at his feet.

But Obi-wan somersaulted forward, moving his feet upwards and as he did he lit his sabre and blocked Qui-Gons blade as he twisted over and landed on his feet running.
    He turned to face Qui-Gon in the basic jedi stance with his leading foot back, his shoulders and his sabre arm where slightly forward.

He held his sabre level with his waist and the blade was supposed to be pointing just over the Masters head,
    but Obi-wan was holding his sabre too high and Qui-Gon sensed that he was unsure because of Qui-Gons height where he should be holding the sabre.
    Qui-Gon parried across from left to right, causing Obi-wan to move his blade in a downward movement, loosing site of Qui-Gons eyes and in doing so missed him looking at Obi-wans unprotected side.
    Qui-Gons blade quickly retraced it?s original path coming back across from the left to right and while Obi-wans blade was hitting the ground, Qui-Gon brushed him on his side, the sting of the burn made him yelp.

?Owwch?, but he regained his composure and flipped onto another rock.

Qui-Gon realised the problem.

Obi-wan had never faced off wit

25. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    Understand now do you??

After a moment Obi-wan spoke.
    ?Yes Master I understand? and he grinned at the two Masters.

Some devious thoughts ran through his head..

?Keep those thoughts to yourself youngling.
    "?short or not, catch you, still I can, and paddle you I will?

Oooo, devious thoughts! Like Qui-Gon falling into the swamp and being attacked by a blood sucker? [face_mischief]

But then Yoda swings a mean cane, Obi, so maybe you'd better be careful! ;)

I am really enjoying this story, GK! [face_dancing]

Thanks for the PM! [:D]

Star

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.