Yoda's World Tour

Discussion in 'Oahu, Hawaii' started by Miana Kenobi, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Aloha Oahu! Rachel from San Diego/Inland Empire here.

After following Vader's World Tour a few years back, Master--Kenobi of the Santa Cruz Fanforce decided to do the same. She is sending her fried Interactive Yoda (who met his doom during a certain scene in Velvet Goldmine) on a US and World tour.

I'm helping her plan the trip, and we are trying to see which Fanforce would like to be apart of this tour.

Care to join us? ;)

The original planning thread is Here, and a website is in the works. :D

~~Cheers
    Rachel
  2. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    Hi, Miana/Rachel!

Just in case you missed it, I posted an initial reply to Master Kenobi's Yoda Tour post string. I'm thinking I'm up to playing host for the powerful green one. Will have to post a follow up there, though.

Already have ideas of how to help Master Yoda enjoy his vacation here.

In any case, thanx for the heads up about this!

Or, as we say in Hawai'i,

Mahalo nui loa!

May the Force be with you.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com
  3. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    That's awesome. Mahalo plenty! :D

The only places I honestly could think of in Oahu would maybe be Pearl Harbor, the old palace, maybe with a statue of Kamehameha. Granted, there's a lot of places that I didn't get to see when I visited the islands. :)
  4. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Brief update.

I spoke to Master--Kenobi yesterday and the website is still being constructed. She's very eager to send the little green guy on his way and is thrilled that so many people are interested. :D As soon as we get a definite list of groups involved (more keep joining!), then we will start planning out a route for him to travel. :)

Thanks again! :D

~Rachel
  5. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  6. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    NEWS:

1) We are putting a cap on joining the tour. The last day to join is next Friday, July 8th. (If any of the other Fanforces in your area wish to join, let them know quick!) ;)

2) Each fanforce will have 2 weeks with Yoda. The 2 weeks will start the day Yoda arrives. We ask that in those 2 weeks you take photos of him in "touristy, famous, or just plain cool" locations, and that he is shipped to the next Fanforce before the 2 weeks are up. We will be sending a logbook around with Yoda. The layout of the book has not been completely decided, yet once we know, you'll know. ;)

3) And lastly, I am going to need a contact person. Someone in the group who will take full responsibility of Yoda and ensure that he is properly shipped off (and will also send the shipping number to either myself or Master--Kenobi, so we can keep track of him.)

IF I DO NOT HAVE A CONTACT PERSON BY THE TIME THE TOUR BEGINS, I AM SORRY TO SAY WE SHALL HAVE TO REMOVE YOU FROM THE TOUR. :(

What I need from the contact person:
    Name, home adress, email, and phone number. No, I'm not going to sell it online. :p Only two people will have a list of contacts: myself and Master--Kenobi. We need your adresses for shipping, email address to say "Hey, he's on his way, hey he's stuck in a blizzard, etc..", and the phone number will be a "just in case."

Please have your appointed contact person PM me with this information.

Thank you all and we're very eager to begin the tour!! :D
  7. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JayTee, I'll be happy to help you, but am unable to be the primary tour guide and entertainment coordinator. Keep me updated by PM, please. mahalo
  8. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    mac-nut,

Will do!

Already have ideas of where to show Yoda Sensei around.

May the Force be with you!

Jay Tee
  9. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Diamond Head
    Pearl Harbor
    International Marketplace! :p ;)
  10. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    And MORE!

Jay Tee
  11. red_rose Jedi Master

star 4
    I know I haven't been here long but may I suggest the University of Hawaii at Manoa as a possible site? Several of my labmates are SW fans and we'd be glad to find a good spot on campus for a picture of the illustrious master Yoda.
    Rose
  12. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    Rose,

I attended U.H. Manoa for 2 years ('88-'89 & '89-'90) before transferring up to the mainland (USC film school, George Lucas's alma mater!). Since I was born & raised on O'ahu & had season tickets for UH football those 2 years in a row (MANY great memories!), I have a special affection for the Manoa campus.

By all means, I will bring Master Yoda there. Let's arrange an optimal time for you & your friends to meet up with us there. Question is, where would we take pix? The Campus Center is one place strong with the Good Side of the Force. [I used to work at the Bookstore there.] Perhaps that would at least be an ideal place to meet?.........

Jay Tee
  13. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    I've gotten a special request asking that you guys take Yoda to the volcano on Hilo. For a "Mustafar" picture. :p ;)

Yoda's Travel Itinerary!

London, England
    Central England
    Wales
    France
    Germany
    Malyasia
    Singapore
    Western Australia
    Southern Australia
    New South Wales, Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    Oahu, Hawaii
    San Diego, California
    Inland Empire, California
    Orange County, California
    Los Angeles, California
    San Francisco, California
    Sacramento, California
    Spokane, Washington
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Cleveland, Ohio
    London, Ontario - Canada
    Toronto, Ontario - Canada
    Halton Region, Ontario - Canada
    Niagara, Ontario - Canada
    Buffalo, New York
    Rochester, New York
    New York City, New York
    New Jersey
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Washington DC
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Macon, Georgia
    Alabama Syndicate
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Arkansas
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Chile
    Southern New Mexico, New Mexico
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Southern Colorado, Colorado
    Denver, Colorado
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Provo, Utah
    Tucson, Arizona
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Southern Nevada, Nevada
    HOME!!

We're very eager to begin. Thank you for participating!! :D
  14. red_rose Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to Hilo July 30-Aug5 and will be touring Volcano National Park. I could take him with me if there was time.
    Rose
  15. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Yoda is in England!!

I am leaving for New Zealand tomorrow, so please direct ALL questions to Master-Kenobi until I get back.

Also, on the issue of The logbook:

A binder is being sent around with Yoda to help record his journeys. Each group will be allowed ONE PAGE to fill up/decorate to your hearts' desires. We ask that only one picture be put on it, as the rest can be uploaded to the website (which is going through SERIOUS technical difficulties at the moment and may not be up as soon as we'd like).

A sample page can be seen HERE.

You will have a place to put a picture, a small tag to indicate the date and other information, a small pocket to hold things, and a space at the bottom to describe his adventure.

We ask that each group PLEASE only uses one page, as we only have enough for one page per group. Also, please do not include any plants or food on the page, since we don't want customs confiscating the book and breathing down our neck about it. :p

Thanks again!
  16. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jaytee, would you take care of Yoda's visitation here? I'm now tied up with a heavy duty case going to trial, and don't have enough sleep time right now. Thanks much. [face_praying] :)
  17. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    Hi, mac-nut!

No worries. Way ahead of you! I volunteered to be Yoda Sensei's tour guide when Miana first mentioned the tour. She already has my info. I'm just waiting for when it will be Hawaii's turn to host the Jedi Master.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee
  18. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Aloha, guys! A bit of an update:

Well, to make a long story short, Yoda is only on his second stop (yes, you heard right). The London, England contact person disappeared for 3 months with Yoda and we finally just got him off to his next stop. This puts us behind by 3 months (he should already be in Asia or Australia by now :rolleyes: ), but the tour still goes on! :D

Basically, the best estimate I can give you for when he will be heading to Hawai'i is late April-Early May. I'll be able to give you a better estimate when the time gets closer. :D

(And no, we still don't have a website up. We're working on it when we can! :) )
  19. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Update:

The website is almost finished. However, our webmisstress' computer crashed, so it will take a little bit before we can finish it. There are several text mistakes on the website (for instance, she listed Canada as being part of the USA [face_laugh] ), but other than that, it is nearly there! I will let you know when it is finished. :D

As for Yoda himself, due to an error in the French Post Office, Yoda was sent back to Wales. We are currently preparing to try to send him to France once more. :)

Thank you for your patience! :D
  20. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Update:
    Problems, problems, problems. We've tried sending Yoda to France three times. Each time, he's been returned to Wales. This last time took a month with Yoda missing, so we have finally decided to skip France and move on to Germany.

I am sorry about the delay! I hope everything will go smoother from now on!

Oh! And the website is now up in 3 languages!
  21. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Something to bump this up...

Yoda is currently in Sydney, Australia! He'll be spending a few weeks checking out his last stop in Australia before heading on. His next stop SHOULD be New Zealand, but if no one can take him in Aotearoa, then his next stop is Hawaii!

You guys still ready to take him?
  22. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    Miana Kenobi,

I still await Master Yoda's visit. My friends & I look forward to showing him around our beautiful island of O'ahu!

Feel free to PM me or message me on MySpace if you have any questions.

Jay Tee
  23. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JT,thanks for taking the lead in this. Have just returned to work recently after my mom's funeral, then got sick with a bad case of asthma, so am now working 6 days a week trying to catch up. Do give Yoda the warmest aloha and royal visit he deserves. mucho mahalo.
  24. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Yoda's enjoying Australia a little too much, I think. :p

He'll be on his way to New Zealand shortly, then begin his trek across the Pacific to Hawaii. :D
  25. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Yoda's still in Australia...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.