main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Yoda's World Tour

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    That's just sick!! ;)

2. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Kris

I believe they said it would take about 2 years total. So who knows, we may get him in time for the wedding.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeppers. We're figuring Yoda will be back in California just in time for Comic Con 2007! :D

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Bit of an update:

So basically, Yoda is at his 2nd stop. Yes, you heard right, 2nd. Yoda went missing in London, England for 3 months and finally turned up at the end of last month. He's in Midlands, England right now and will be on his way to Wales by the end of the week. :D

So, the tour is a few months behind, but it shall continue on! :D

5. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Cool Miana, thanks for the update

6. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Them bloody Brits. :p

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Update:

The website is almost finished. However, our webmisstress' computer crashed, so it will take a little bit before we can finish it. There are several text mistakes on the website (for instance, she listed Canada as being part of the USA [face_laugh] ), but other than that, it is nearly there! I will let you know when it is finished. :D

As for Yoda himself, due to an error in the French Post Office, Yoda was sent back to Wales. We are currently preparing to try to send him to France once more. :)

Thank you for your patience! :D

8. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Maybe he wasn't let in because he didn't have a passport.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Is now tempted to put a fake passport inside when he swings through Southern California* [face_thinking]

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, after 3 tries to send the little guy to France (and failing each time), we have decided to skip France and move on to Germany. The tour is WAY behind schedule, so we hope it will pick up pace and continue on.

Thank you for your patience!

Also, the website is now up in English, Spanish, and German with French on the way! :D

11. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I think Welshguy's sheep had him all this time and he had to negociate the green one's safe release from his own flock (CIS sheep I expect), but don't tell him I told you that Miana :p
    Those French and their mysterious moving addresses [face_whistling]
    And he could have come to Liverpool to see the Cavern pub (Beatles homeland) a few weeks ago for the NW meet :p

12. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    How much do you want to bet that when the French opened their mail and saw Yoda, they surrendered? :p

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Glad that was in your post and not mine :p
    I don't want garlic being breathed down my neck and the smell of onions following me where-ever I go hehe.

14. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Don't worry. If they get too close, just point in the opposite direction and yell "Look! It's Jerry Lewis!!!".

:p

15. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    You know what you could have done, Tim? Take him to Old Trafford - The most famous football ground in the world...of course, not on match day, otherwise he would have been confiscated - Hey, I used to work security at the Molineaux, and I would have snapped him up in a heartbeat...only so I could keep it for myself, of course! :p

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Where's that exactly? Which club? :p
    Yoda would have had the grand tour of the NW but no, we were snubbed so that Welshguy could use him in revenge against lesser known actors hehe.

17. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    I would have loved to meet the little green fella but the mysterious RajVader got sick after getiing him. I wonder what he done to him for that to happen? [face_thinking]

18. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    *****!!!!:p[face_laugh]

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.