Yoda's World Tour

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Miana Kenobi, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Hello Salt Lake City! Rachel from San Diego/Inland Empire here.

After following Vader's World Tour a few years back, Master--Kenobi of the Santa Cruz Fanforce has decided to do the same. She is sending her fried Interactive Yoda (who met his doom during a certain scene in Velvet Goldmine) on a US and World tour.

I'm helping her plan the trip, and you guys said you had an interest in joining. So, here's your planning thread. :D

The original planning thread is Here, and a website is in the works.

As a brief update, I spoke to Master--Kenobi yesterday. She's very eager to send the little green guy on his way and is thrilled that so many people are interested. :D As soon as we get a definite list of groups involved (more keep joining!), then we will start planning out a route for him to travel. :)

Thanks again! :D
  2. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    I've heard of this Yoda!! I'm very excited that you would send him our way! I know that personally I'm very excited to receive him and know that he will really enjoy his time here in Salt Lake City :)
  3. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've already put our name on the list for it. I'm excited to see Yoda since we missed the Vader Tour.
  4. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    NEWS:

1) We are putting a cap on joining the tour. The last day to join is next Friday, July 8th. (If any of the other Fanforces in your area wish to join, let them know quick!) ;)

2) Each fanforce will have 2 weeks with Yoda. The 2 weeks will start the day Yoda arrives. We ask that in those 2 weeks you take photos of him in "touristy, famous, or just plain cool" locations, and that he is shipped to the next Fanforce before the 2 weeks are up. We will be sending a logbook around with Yoda. The layout of the book has not been completely decided, yet once we know, you'll know. ;)

3) And lastly, I am going to need a contact person. Someone in the group who will take full responsibility of Yoda and ensure that he is properly shipped off (and will also send the shipping number to either myself or Master--Kenobi, so we can keep track of him.)

IF I DO NOT HAVE A CONTACT PERSON BY THE TIME THE TOUR BEGINS, I AM SORRY TO SAY WE SHALL HAVE TO REMOVE YOU FROM THE TOUR. :(

What I need from the contact person:
    Name, home adress, email, and phone number. No, I'm not going to sell it online. :p Only two people will have a list of contacts: myself and Master--Kenobi. We need your adresses for shipping, email address to say "Hey, he's on his way, hey he's stuck in a blizzard, etc..", and the phone number will be a "just in case."

Please have your appointed contact person PM me with this information.

Thank you all and we're very eager to begin the tour!! :D
  5. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    So, how are we going to get it from SLC to Provo or are they in line? I'm frequently up in SLC, so could bring him down. Having pics of Yoda on Trax would be wicked funny.
  6. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm willing to drive it down to Provo, our we could do combined events together and go from one city to another taking pictures.
  7. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Apparently, it's coming back to the US in January. Miana needs a contact up in SLC and I had to take the job for Provo because no one else stepped forward. Let's have a planning thread for where we can take him.
  8. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh, she's already got the contact info.

This will be fun.
  9. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
  10. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Okay, I need to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone! Fanforce USA SouthWest is the ONLY region where EVERY SINGLE FANFORCE is participating in the tour! =D= [face_dancing]
  11. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
  12. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Hey, we of the Provo Fanforce know that you couldn't have done it without our cooperation and vice versa. ;)
  13. Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yoda is going to Salt Lake first, then to Provo.

So yeah, just thought you guys might like to know. And if you are wondering where I got that, it was on the Twin Cities JC site. Here.
  14. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I was getting to it! [face_laugh] I've been posting this up on every site, so don't worry, I wasn't going to forget SLC. :D
  15. Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was just dead tired last night, but couldn't sleep, so I was browsing my old stomping board (well, for a few months anyway) and I saw that. Sorry for jumping the gun, so to speak.
  16. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    FYI, the YWT is back on track!
  17. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Thanks Bob. :D

So, in the past 6 months, Yoda has:

* Been lost in London for 3 months.
    * Partied like a Brit in Midlands, England
    * Enjoyed the countryside of Wales
    * Had over 10 new fanforces added to his tour (mostly in Europe)
    * Spent the holidays in a French Post Office
    * Got "Returned to Sender" back to Wales

So that takes us up to now. :p We're preparing to send Yoda to France for the 2nd time. Hopefully, he'll stay there this time. :p

The website is almost finished. However, our webmisstress' computer crashed, so it will take a little bit before we can finish it. There are several text mistakes on the website (for instance, she listed Canada as being part of the USA [face_laugh] ), but other than that, it is nearly there! I will let you know when it is finished. :D

Thank you for your patience! :D
  18. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    wait...I thought that America Junior was part of the USA??
  19. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Yoda was lost ONCE MORE in the French postal system. We have finally recovered, and after trying to send him to France three times (and failing), we have decided to skip France and continue on to Germany. Hopefully that will get this tour rolling again.

Also, the website is now up in English, Spanish, AND German.
  20. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    He'll be visiting us West aussies at some point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.