main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Yoda's World Tour

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Miana Kenobi, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hello Toronto! Rachel from San Diego & Inland Empire, California here.

After following Vader's World Tour a few years back, Master--Kenobi of the Santa Cruz Fanforce decided to do the same. She is sending her fried Interactive Yoda (who met his doom during a certain scene in Velvet Goldmine) on a US and World tour.

I'm helping her plan the trip, and we are trying to see which Fanforce would like to be apart of this tour.

Care to join us? :D

The original planning thread is Here, and a website is in the works. If you guys are interested in participating, please hop on over to the planning thread and indicate so! We'd really like to get Yoda all over the North American continent. :D

~~Cheers
    Rachel

2. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Vader started a few years ago???? Hopefully by the time Yoda gets to Ontario, London's got a bigger group....

3. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Okay... I've been and accepted for us... Hopefully he could make it out for a Con... that'd be fun!...

4. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    LOL Rachel,
    Yoda only got to us here in Ontario 7 months ago :)
    If you'd like London to be involved as well they may be interested - I don't think I'll be living there anymore by the time Yoda gets around to it, so it's up to those in London.

5. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    would be great being involved. But from what i've seen be prepared for some groups to take longer and not adhere to the time frames listed. Actually something you might want to do is contact the Vader group and ask them which places were helpful and on time and which weren't that way you can better plan your trip.

6. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Deb means Vader of course... not Yoda... ;-)

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Only 7 months? Good grief! Vader passed through California about 2 years ago! :eek:

NEWS:

1) We are putting a cap on joining the tour. The last day to join is next Friday, July 8th. (You guys barely squeaked in. If any of the other Fanforces in your area wish to join, let them know quick!) ;)

2) Each fanforce will have 2 weeks with Yoda. The 2 weeks will start the day Yoda arrives. We ask that in those 2 weeks you take photos of him in "touristy, famous, or just plain cool" locations, and that he is shipped to the next Fanforce before the 2 weeks are up. We will be sending a logbook around with Yoda. The layout of the book has not been completely decided, yet once we know, you'll know. ;)

3) And lastly, I am going to need a contact person. Someone in the group who will take full responsibility of Yoda and ensure that he is properly shipped off (and will also send the shipping number to either myself or Master--Kenobi, so we can keep track of him.)

IF I DO NOT HAVE A CONTACT PERSON BY THE TIME THE TOUR BEGINS, I AM SORRY TO SAY WE SHALL HAVE TO REMOVE YOU FROM THE TOUR. :(

What I need from the contact person:
    Name, home adress, email, and phone number. No, I'm not going to sell it online. :p Only two people will have a list of contacts: myself and Master--Kenobi. We need your adresses for shipping, email address to say "Hey, he's on his way, hey he's stuck in a blizzard, etc..", and the phone number will be a "just in case."

Please have your appointed contact person PM me with this information.

Thank you all and we're very eager to begin the tour!! :D

8. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    I sent my info already... we are officially recieving him...

9. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Well, I know that half the London group would be interested, I'll have to ask the other half, and hope we get more members by then (well, there'll be 3 when Peter moves back, and maybe 4 if my friend joins)

10. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Reguarless of London being "official"... I'll make sure you guys get a day out with Yoda...

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Of course London could have a day with him! Or, if you guys want, I could add you to the tour so you get 2 weeks with him. :)

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda's Travel Itinerary!

London, England
    Central England
    Wales
    France
    Germany
    Malyasia
    Singapore
    Western Australia
    Southern Australia
    New South Wales, Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    Oahu, Hawaii
    San Diego, California
    Inland Empire, California
    Orange County, California
    Los Angeles, California
    San Francisco, California
    Sacramento, California
    Spokane, Washington
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Cleveland, Ohio
    London, Ontario - Canada
    Toronto, Ontario - Canada
    Halton Region, Ontario - Canada
    Niagara, Ontario - Canada
    Buffalo, New York
    Rochester, New York
    New York City, New York
    New Jersey
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Washington DC
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Macon, Georgia
    Alabama Syndicate
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Arkansas
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Chile
    Southern New Mexico, New Mexico
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Southern Colorado, Colorado
    Denver, Colorado
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Provo, Utah
    Tucson, Arizona
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Southern Nevada, Nevada
    HOME!!

We're very eager to begin. Thank you for participating!! :D

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    London's the first Ontario chapter to get Yoda!

14. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Means you have to bring it to us... Whew!... might save me a long drive... hehe...

15. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    ah, that will just give me an excuse to drive to Toronto.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda is in England!!

I am leaving for New Zealand tomorrow, so please direct ALL questions to Master--Kenobi until I get back.

Also, on the issue of The logbook:

A binder is being sent around with Yoda to help record his journeys. Each group will be allowed ONE PAGE to fill up/decorate to your hearts' desires. We ask that only one picture be put on it, as the rest can be uploaded to the website (which is going through SERIOUS technical difficulties at the moment and may not be up as soon as we'd like).

A sample page can be seen HERE.

You will have a place to put a picture, a small tag to indicate the date and other information, a small pocket to hold things, and a space at the bottom to describe his adventure.

We ask that each group PLEASE only uses one page, as we only have enough for one page per group. Also, please do not include any plants or food on the page, since we don't want customs confiscating the book and breathing down our neck about it. :p

Thanks again!

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    A bit of an update:

Well, to make a long story short, Yoda is only on his second stop (yes, you heard right). The London, England contact person disappeared for 3 months with Yoda and we finally just got him off to his next stop. This puts us behind by 3 months (he should already be in Asia or Australia by now :rolleyes: ), but the tour still goes on! :D

(And no, we still don't have a website up. We're working on it when we can! :) )

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Update:

The website is almost finished. However, our webmisstress' computer crashed, so it will take a little bit before we can finish it. There are several text mistakes on the website (for instance, she listed Canada as being part of the USA [face_laugh] ), but other than that, it is nearly there! I will let you know when it is finished. :D

As for Yoda himself, due to an error in the French Post Office, Yoda was sent back to Wales. We are currently preparing to try to send him to France once more. :)

Thank you for your patience! :D

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, after 3 tries to send the little guy to France (and failing each time), we have decided to skip France and move on to Germany. The tour is WAY behind schedule, so we hope it will pick up pace and continue on.

Thank you for your patience!

Also, the website is now up in English, Spanish, and German with French on the way! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.