main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Yoda's World Tour

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Good day to you all! My name is Rachel and I am from the San Diego and Inland Empire fanforces of California, USA.

I am helping Master--Kenobi of Santa Cruz, California, plan a trip for her small fried Interactive Yoda to go around the world. As of right now, our little friend will be going all over the USA, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, and possibly to Japan and Mexico. We would like to make this a truly world-wide tour.

We wish to know if Singapore would be interested in having Yoda come and visit. :)

The original planning thread is located here. Please reply there before the end of next week if you are interested!

What the tour consists of:

Each fanforce will have 2 weeks with Yoda. The 2 weeks will start the day Yoda arrives. We ask that in those 2 weeks you take photos of him in "touristy, famous, or just plain cool" locations, and that he is shipped to the next Fanforce before the 2 weeks are up. We will be sending a logbook around with Yoda, and a website is being created.

Thank you all for your time!

2. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey! Of course interested. I work near a few "touristy" place already. I'm game! Not sure about the rest of the guys, but I'm pretty sure there will be a few who would be interested too.

So I hope I can speak on everyone's behalf in saying, We're interested!

So, more details please. What do we need to do exactly? Where do we sign up for this? Etc.

Cheers

3. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    I am interested in this yoda tour, but how does the system work? and what are we supposed to do? can we meet yoda 'live'? Heehee:D

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Basically, Yoda will be handed off or shipped from fanforce to fanforce. For example, Master--Kenobi will be mailing Yoda to me, my fanforce will go take his picture everywhere, then I am handing him off to a member of the United Kingdom fanforce (who will be visiting). He'll be taken back to England, have his picture taken everywhere (hopefully with Ewan McGregor: that's the main point of the trip! :p), then the UK fanforce will mail him on to France.

So, Yoda gets shipped to you, you have 2 weeks to take him around the town, take pictures at "tourist spots" or other locations, then ship him off to the next fanforce. We will be sending a logbook along with him to recap the journey. :)

5. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    This is an amazing idea!

Any fixed schedule regarding the dates for the specific cities yet?

:)

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Not yet. Yoda will be in England by the end of July, that's all we really have set so far. We will have a route planned out by next weekend. :)

7. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    okieday, this is cool...wat is a logbook anyway?[face_blush]

8. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Hi, Miana Kenobi. The world tour sounds great. :D

aanakin - a book to record details, highlights, stuff about Yoda's trip. :)

9. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm agreeable to this. :p

And to make his trip more special, may I recommand that Yoda be sent to one of our member during the period of time we are host the SW Exhibition (Nov 19th-April 3rd 2006)? I can help him visit the place and take pictures with those we are publically allowed to take photos with. 8-}

Do keep us informed. ;)

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll see what I can do, though it looks like Yoda may be passing through your part of the world around September or so. :(

Will definitely keep you guys informed. :)

What I need from you now is a contact person. Someone who will take full responsibility for Yoda and ensure that he gets shipped off to the next fanforce in time.

What I need:
    Name
    Home Address
    Email address.

The address will be for shipping purposes and the email will be for warnings, changes in plan, etc. Never fear: only two people will be holding this list of names: myself, and Master--Kenobi. :)

If one of you could PM me this information before next Friday, that would be great.

Xie xie! :D

11. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Hmm so how guys? Who would be the rep for this? I don't mind having the honour if everyone's aggreable.

12. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    I don't mind being the back up, since me and Crovus live near the tourist area, AKA, town.

13. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I feel Darth_Eagle should handle this, unless she doesn't want it.

:)

14. SDlighter

SDlighter Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    Sounds like a fun idea.

I wonder if we should bring Yoda to Sungei Buloh. :D

15. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Plan now is, Crovus take Yoda to the spots where most tourists go, I bring him to Singapore's Shopping Paradise, Orchard Rd and to the temples, churches and mosques, as well as the MRT with his face carved on the wall as a decoration :eek: by a proffesional artist.

16. padawan_braid

padawan_braid Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    wow yoda's going to the temples and churches...hahaha what about the zoo?

17. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Just fyi, Volcanoland at Sentosa looks like it's still there. It's on the island guide map and the structure is still standing but I didn't go in so I don't know what the inside looks like now. And there are big banners outside proclaiming some dinosaur museum inside.

Don't forget Mustafa Centre. :p

18. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    omg no, anywhere but mustafa center! its a gd place to shop for bargains, but not a nice place to visit for fun! its packed as hell on weekends esp! its suicide i tell u!

even when i go there alone, its a bitch as everyone blocks almost every available path or aisle. its irritating. esp when ur holding a basket. argh.

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes! MUST bring Master Yoda to Mustafa.....Mustafa Centre! [face_laugh]

Well, at least let him have a little photos outside on a weekday.

Ya, I think the receiving part will let Crovus do it as I may be booked fully with the SW Exhibition should I get that early job. :D

As for visits to Temples, Churches, Mosques; I think better restrict it to famous landmarks outside like Sri Mariamma(sp?), St Andrew, Sultan Mosque etc etc, 1 per religion and Tourist-Friendly as some Place may have restriction on photography. ;) And I'll prefer someone more mature and have good understanding of other religion protocols to do the Places of Worship Visits.

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Mustafar's actually Singapore?? I knew it... [face_mischief]

:p

21. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Don't forget the Jewish synagogue (I think it's on Waterloo Street) and maybe Kwan Yin Miao that's in the Albert Street pedestrian mall area, or another Buddhist Temple.

I think it's appropriate to bring Yoda to all these places of worship, since people have seen religious-related themes running through the Star Wars movies... and Yoda just seems to come across as a rather spiritual and philosophical kind of character.

Also, perhaps a pic of Yoda at the Istana??
    Or Yoda at the new Parliament House??
    After all, that's where all the politics takes place.
    Just be careful when you take pics there, don't get yourself into trouble with the guards and stuff... :p

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL! Or at the Istana try to pull what Mr. Bean did at London's Tower of London(?) and the Guard there. :p

23. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    miana: no, there's a shopping mall here called Mustafa Center.
    and depending on your point of view, it may or may not be different from planet mustafar.. hahaha...

(sometimes its so packed with them indians, u'd swear u'd think u were in hot blistering india LOL)

24. padawan_braid

padawan_braid Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    bring yoda to the hottest clubs to club.:)

25. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Yup... Yoda makes an appearance at Zouk... the venue of the AOTC Launch Party back in 2002?? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.