main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Yoda's World Tour

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    At the rate Yoda is travelling, he probably CAN attend The Art of SW Exhibition here. :p

Hope Master Yoda can resume his travel soon. [face_praying]

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes! Yoda has been found as has already moved on to Midlands, England. [face_dancing] Thanks so much for your patience!

3. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeee-har!!! [face_cowboy]

4 more destinations before Master Yoda graces us with his presence... and geez, it really does look like he might be able to attend the Star Wars exhibition here by the time he reaches our shores!
    [face_dancing]

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I can see Yoda tickling Vader....... [face_devil]

Sorry! No photos allowed. ;)

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    My best estimation is that Yoda will be in Singapore around the first week of February. I'll be able to give you a more precise date as it draws closer. [face_dancing]

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Update:

The website is almost finished. However, our webmisstress' computer crashed, so it will take a little bit before we can finish it. There are several text mistakes on the website (for instance, she listed Canada as being part of the USA [face_laugh] ), but other than that, it is nearly there! I will let you know when it is finished. :D

As for Yoda himself, due to an error in the French Post Office, Yoda was sent back to Wales. We are currently preparing to try to send him to France once more. :)

Also, around the beginning of December, Master--Kenobi and I had recieved many messages from fanforces who wished to be added to the tour. We agreed to let them join, and added more than 10 new groups to the list. Many of them were European countries, so as such, Yoda will not be coming to Singapore until later this year. I hope this is not too much of an inconvenience. :(

Thank you for your patience! :D

7. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Shucks. Only back in May. I will miss the exhibition. Sheesh. Why can't it be as long as the LOTR exhibition?!?!! :mad:

8. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Sigh... Too bad for us then... It would have been cool to bring him to the Art of Star Wars exhibition that is currently on now till April... :(

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yub! :( We Showhosts were already planning to let Yoda be part of the Exhibition for a day (under our supervision of course! :p ) since many visitors complained about the missing Yoda Muppet (we only got 1 sketch and 1 Digital Print of Yoda).

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :( Aww. That would have been cool! Sorry, guys.

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Update:

Yoda was lost AGAIN. This time, he was lost in the French postal system. :p

We recovered him yesterday when he was returned to Wales once more. In light of this, we are sending Yoda on to Germany to continue the tour.

Thank you so much for your patience!

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Roger roger! :)

Maybe Yoda will make it for a visit to the Dinosaur Exhibition instead. ;)

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hello Singapore! It's been nearly a year, I am afraid, and Yoda has still not left Europe. However, we seem to have gotten over the long delays (hopefully) and pray the rest of the tour will go smoothly.

Yoda is currently in Romania, after having a nice trek through the UK, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, and Sweden. He is off to Greece next, then once he sees the ancient city of Athens, he will leave Europe for good and fly across the world to Malaysia!

Is Singapore still willing to host our little Green Master? :)

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yub yub commander! [face_love]

We will still be most honored to host the Little Green Master here in Singapore soon. ;) Anyway, should he arrive in Malaysia anytime near any of their Major SciFic/Fantasy Events, those of us who regulary dropped by such events can personally hand carry him to Singapore to enjoy a little holiday here too. Why, maybe he will be most fortunate enough too to get involved in any of our events here, especially in May when we may be involved in another Blood War with our Star Trek Counterpart. [face_devil]

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda was shipped from Greece today! He is on his way to Malaysia to meet up with the MySciFiFan group, then will be heading to Singapore! :D

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Just a note to everyone that Yoda should be on his way to Singapore soon from Malaysia. [face_peace]

Apparently they can't get him off the Nasi Kandar there. [face_laugh]

17. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Cool! I can't wait to see him! [face_dancing]

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Sooooo sorry for this very late post as I had been Notebookless since Sept 1. [face_praying]

Master Yoda had arrived in Singapore mid-last month and now wandering around Singapore, occasionally with Darth Peanut/Vader as his Guide. [face_peace] Will post the link to his Travel Around Singapore Photo Album soon.

Anyone else want to host him at your school, workplace or bring him to other places of interest in Singapore? o_O

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Master Yoda had left Singapore for Western Australia. ;)

His extended (Ops! [face_blush] ) Stopover here had been most fruitful, visiting many places of Interests in Singapore and even get to experience a few of our Celebrations: Ramaddan, Aidilfitri and Mooncakes Festival. He had also taken many Photo Albums worth of photos at many places in Singapore ;) and left with a couple of gifts.

Have a safe journey to Australia, Master Yoda and Thank You for visiting! :D

Ps: Darth Peanut/Vader is starting to miss you already....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.