Yoda's World Tour

Discussion in 'FF:UK - Wales' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Hell, sounds like a good deal to me!

If you want to do a fanforce exchange programme, you can come over to Wales for Xmas/NewYear and I will go over to Texas/San Diego.

Ahhhh San Diego. Founded in the early 19th century by German settlers, who named the town San Diego, which mean whales *foo foo* in German.
  2. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    o_O

I know that's a joke, but I couldn't help snorting at that. :p We're not Mexifornia for nothing, you know. ;)
  3. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Mexifornia??

What does that mean?
  4. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Mexico + California = Mexifornia. :p

Since California used to be part of Mexico (up until the mid 1800s), there is a ton of Mexican culture, architecture, and people still in California. Half of our names, be it cities, counties, or even street names, are all Spanish. San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco... all of these are Hispanic names.

So we jokingly call California Mexifornia because it seems at times like we're still in Mexico. :p

(That and I live a whole 20 minutes from the Mexican border!) :D
  5. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    So is it much of a problem living so close to another countries border?

I lives only 30 miles or so away from England and it's a real pain in the arse having them crossing the severn bridge all the time and claiming asulm in Wales.
  6. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Well, truthfully, even though it's only 20 minutes away, I never go to Mexico, so I really don't know. :p The city right on the border between the US and Mexico is Tijuana, which I avoid like the plague. Usually college kids always go down to TJ for the weekend to drink, since the drinking age down in Mexico is 18 unlike the US. But TJ is just scary, so I never go. ;)

I think US citizens going into Mexico isn't a problem; it's Mexican citizens coming into the US. :p
  7. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Isn't Mexico known as the kidnapp capitol of the world?

I don't see the appeal myself. It just looks like a dustier, older, more deprived version of the US, but they speak Spanish?

But I suppose its like Britain and Spain. Loads of Brits go there, and its a bit of a hole, but then we do have the excuse of the weather.

The septics already have good weather in CA. So what's the point? And teenagers have been drinking underage for a very long time, there's very little reason to go all the way to Mexico to do it.

I'm rambling now.

So, yeah, Yoda.

How goes his Midland experience? Has he been liberated from the Post Office detention camp yet?
  8. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Yoda's having a blast in Midlands. Pictures can be seen in Verity's b-day thread on the Midlands board. :)
  9. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    The website works!!! (sorta... last night was the first time we were able to access it, LOL. Link in my sig).

Also, word from Midlands is that Yoda shall be shipped pretty soon; Monday at the latest. :D
  10. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Coming soon?

Not exactly what I would call "Up and Running", but I see your point. I checked out the Midlands thread you mentioned and could only find one pic of the little guy, i'm sure there were others, but I didn't hang around too much.

It is quite legal for a Midlands poster to attack a Welsh poster with a rolled up newspaper if caught on the Midlands forum past 10.00pm.

Shocking I know, but true.

I'll have to try and arrange a slightly earlier Christmas Pizza experience for us Welsh posters if we're going to be gett Yoda in early December.

By the way, are you sure it's safe to send him to people who are not CR's or RSA's? I know there is a certain level of trust, regardless of who you send him too, but don't you think it's a bit risky?
  11. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    LOL, well now that our webmistress Jess and I actually are able to work on the site, we're hoping to get it up and running soon. However, it's an American holiday this week, and I'm actually heading for Texas tomorrow morning and won't be back until Sunday evening (and I won't have internet access while I'm there either! :( ).

However, even if we only have a cheap layout up, we'll get it up as fast as we can then work on making the site "more pretty" as we go. :D
  12. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    American Holiday!

You lazy colonialists!

Get back to work and respect your master.

Glad to hear that you are taking every precaution necessary for the little fella's trip around the world.

I know you've mentioned this in the past, but when "should" his trip end?
  13. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Well, adding in his 3 month delay (and that a few more fanforces might be joining the tour), I'd say a good estimate is Autumn/Winter 2007?
  14. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Riiiiiiight.

So expect to see him again sometime in 2024.

But I don't think it's going to be as easy as just having him posted to you. Me, you and some plucky sidekicks are going to have to free him of his cabonite prison, as he is held against his will in some god foresaken fanforce.

And not London this time... ;)

Just be sure to pack your slavegirl outfit.

You never know, it might come in handy. :)
  15. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    :confused:

*Will inquire when I get home from school...*
  16. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Still confused about the last post, but I got news that Midlands got Yoda shipped off, so he should be coming to you in a few days. :D
  17. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    I was making a reference to the whole Return of the Jedi first act. Luke and Leia go to recuse Han from the clutches of Jabba the Hut.

Only in my version, Yoda was Han, I was Luke and you were Leia. Hence the bikini comment.

Not the greatest of posts I grant you, but it's very cold here and my brain aint working properly.

So we should get Yoda in a few days eh?

Great!!!

Now I can reveal the truth!

I'm not Welshguy, your beloved CR and all round good guy. I'm actually Darth Malevolence, scurge of the seven seas and bain of the light side of the force!

As soon as the parcel people drop off Yoda at my house, he will be locked away forever, never to see the light of day, or any other fanforce again!!!

HA HA HA HA

Only joking.... 8-}

Or am I?

[face_devil]
  18. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    :p

Unless you want an angry American breaking down your door, you better be joking. ;)

We might have to go buy a Bail Organa figure to send after him after all... ;)
  19. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Bring him on!

I'll set my apprentice, Darth Sipowitz onto him.

You have been warned.
  20. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    [image=http://mtglair.de/img/python/The_Knights_who_say_Ni.jpg]

I'll have my own personal army of these guys storm Wales. ;)
  21. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Nooo!

Anything other than the Nights who say Ni!

I will pass Yoda on when his time is done.

Please call off your Nights. I can take no more Ni-ing.
  22. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Mwahahaha [face_devil]

Oy! Has Yoda gotten there yet?
  23. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope, not yet. I had a parcel delivered this morning, which I thought was him and was very excited about!

But it wasn't him....

To find out what it was, go to the Star Wars convention thread!

I do enjoy a good tease. :)
  24. veritasuk Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd have thought he'd be there today or Tomorrow. The women at the post office said she couldnt say for sure when he would arrive other than a few days ! But thats Royal mail for you.
  25. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    [Professor Farnsworth] Good news everybody! [/Professor Farnsworth]

Yoda was delivered this morning!

In perfect condition (well, as perfect as a fried Yoda can be) and roaring for action!

Hmmm, stuck in postal service for many days I have been, hmmmm.

I'll be sure to put up a pic or two of the little fella, but my mum has made chicken curry for dinner and right now, that's my number one priority. ;)

It's great to finally get the little guy!

:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.