main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Yoda's World Tour!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hello New South Wales!

Welcome to Yoda's World Tour!! We're very eager to have you onboard. :)

Some quick news:

1) The planning thread on the Santa Cruz board is Here, for quick reference.

2) We are putting a cap on joining the tour. The last day to join is next Friday, July 8th. (You guys barely squeaked in. If any of the other Fanforces in your area wish to join, let them know quick!) ;)

3) Each fanforce will have 2 weeks with Yoda. The 2 weeks will start the day Yoda arrives. We ask that in those 2 weeks you take photos of him in "touristy, famous, or just plain cool" locations, and that he is shipped to the next Fanforce before the 2 weeks are up. We will be sending a logbook around with Yoda. The layout of the book has not been completely decided, yet once we know, you'll know. ;)

4) And lastly, I am going to need a contact person. Someone in the group who will take full responsibility of Yoda and ensure that he is properly shipped off (and will also send the shipping number to either myself or Master--Kenobi, so we can keep track of him.

IF I DO NOT HAVE A CONTACT PERSON BY THE TIME THE TOUR BEGINS, I AM SORRY TO SAY WE SHALL HAVE TO REMOVE YOU FROM THE TOUR. :(

What I need from the contact person:
    Name, home adress, and email. No, I'm not going to sell it online. :p Only two people will have a list of contacts: myself and Master--Kenobi. We need your adresses for shipping, and the email address to say "Hey, he's on his way, hey he's stuck in a blizzard, etc.."

Please have your appointed contact person PM me with this information.

Thank you all and we're very eager to begin the tour!! :D

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, being as I was the guy to get this FF involved, I'll be your contact person, details are on the way :)

3. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Drew, if u like let me do it. I ship items every single day, so I have access to couriers and stuff and can send packages very easily

nopt trying to steal your thunder, just thinking practically.

this is a great idea!

4. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Not to steal anyone's thunder, but isn't this the kind of stuff a CR would do...? :confused:

Well the last time this happened our side of the world (and pretty much anyone outside the US) had to get bumped off the list due to time constraints. We should definately jump on board again. :D

5. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, I said I'd do it because I was the one who PM'd Miana after seeing her thread and volunteering our FF to join in and myself to organise it.

I can assure anyone else I know how to send packages (considering it only needs to be done once) and that I can be trusted with a miniature Yoda.

Of course, if anyone feels the need to turn this into a freakin' circus and start endless whining and carrying on that will turn this into an embararassment instead of a little fun, then please proceed as normal. I'll be over there somewhere...

6. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    ooooh! Is there going to be a meet at the Circus?! :p

Can I reserve the right to get excited about this only after confirmation that Yoda will actually be heading out here? I too remember the last time something like this was organised.

[face_dancing]

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You guys will definitely be getting Yoda. The last tour (Vader) didn't work about because Vader was a collectors item, and they were unsure about shipping him overseas (if I remember correctly). However, Yoda is already broken (lol), so Kim is not worried at all. Plus, it wouldn't be a world tour if he didn't go around the world! :)

As it looks right now, you'll be getting Yoda at the tail end of this year. He's going to be making his international trip before his US trip. A member of the London fanforce is going to be down in San Diego with my group this month for a convention, so he'll be taking Yoda back to England at the end of the month, starting the tour. From there, Yoda will head east to France and Germany, then to Singapore, and then to the Australian groups. :)

So never fear: unless some horrible disaster occurs (like the fanforces before you LOSES him), you WILL get him.

(And if that happens, you guys can go invade and yell at the UK, France, Germany, and Singapore, whoever loses it). :p

8. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    edit: Screw it. Doesnt matter what I said.

9. Foxi

Foxi Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Hi Miana ^.^v

I have a FedEx account, maybe I should send him? :p ^.~

How big is he? Can I sit on his lap? Or him on mine?! Yoda Love [face_love]

And I'm totally in if we're going to the circus!

10. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, we're going to have to organise some sort of meet for when he arrives, so what about a "Sit on Foxi's lap meet?". We can all take turns! :p

11. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Whoa!! I'm there !!

...nothing to do with Yoda.

Oh, and for the record, I don't know how to send anything, I don't have an account and my job never permits me to send stuff. Just thought I'd mention that.

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    When I get Yoda, I can tell you the EXACT weight of him, but the closest amount I can tell you is that he weighs less than a pound (less than 453.59 grams). Also, he'll have to be shipped with his logbook. It's still being finished, so I don't know how much it weighs. You're lucky you that you guys get him early in the tour. That thing will be heavy by the time it finishes it's trip around the USA. :p

13. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    No! He's coming to us!!!

[face_mischief]

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I get Yoda before all of y'all. I feel special. ;) :p

15. Foxi

Foxi Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    A sit on my lap meet..?

I <3 it! ^.^v

^.~

16. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    The reason Vader didn't end up completing his world tour was because they wanted Vader and all the FanForces' photos back in time for C3. He had already been delayed a number of times with him being lost between destinations, kept too long by chapters, and whatever else happened to the travelling Sith Lord.

But seeing as Yoda's doing the "world" part of his World Tour first, I'm hopeful we'll be in amongst the madness this time around. ;)

Oh and Sith is taking care of Yoda during his NSW stay. If the little green man has taken on some new traits, blame it on the influence of the Dark Side. [face_devil] :p

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Ooooh... Gotchya. This is what happens when someone says that someone says that this happened. ;)

18. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    That'll be about 20-25 Aussie dollars to ship i reckon. Thats to the US anyway.

We shaould all chip ina coupel of dollars at the meet actually...

19. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    If Yoda is coming from Singapore to Sydney, do you think we lovely Perth people could grab him for a bit since he'd be going past us to get to you?

20. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    You'd have to PM Miana about that, I'm not going to throw in an unscheduled stop that'd effect every other FF, not my call, sorry.

And Craig, we may get lucky, looking at the list he's also going to Brisbane and Adelaide, so we may get in between them or something, Miana's assured me she'll be mapping it out so he travels the shortest possible distance each time.

21. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    understood

22. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Just take better care of him than Cassius, as Cassius was kidnapped by this hot American chick for a couple of days, if I remember correctly...

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I won't be able to map his route out until this weekend. I'm sorry the Australians have to be stuck with such a large jump in shipping. :( I don't know if it makes it better or worse, but at least whoever sends him only has to get him to Hawaii and not the US mainland!

(And don't worry, you're not the only ones. Poor Germany has to send him to Singapore!!)

24. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Hey, don't worry about us, we'd be in between Adelaide & Brisbane :D

25. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    which means shipping will be at most $10.

edit: It occurs to me that if we all (and i mean all as in globally) could find someway to have a communal pool thing we could all chip ina few dollars and help those countries that have the longer shipping costs. i dunno how or anything, just trying to spread the load a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.