main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda's World Tour!

Discussion in 'Archive: BeNeLux' started by Miana Kenobi, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hello all!

My name is Rachel and I am here from the San Diego, California, USA fanforce. Over this summer, the chapter representative of Santa Cruz, California had an idea to send her fried Interactive Yoda around the world on a tour. We gathered over 50 fanforces and sent the little master on his way.

We sadly overlooked many fanforces, and after several requests to be added to the tour, we have decided to open it up once more. Currently, the little Master in on his way to Wales in the United Kingdom. His only other stops in Europe will be to France and Germany, but we want him to see more of beautiful Europe!

If your fanforce would like to participate, please send me a PM as soon as possible. We are closing the sign ups on January 1, 2006, but since Yoda is already in Europe, the sooner, the better! All we would need is a person willing to be Yoda's "tour guide" who would take care of him for his 2 week stay in each stop.

The tour's thread is HERE.

Thank you all!

~Rachel

2. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Well, the Dutch borders are open, come on in!![face_peace]

3. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Oooh, pretty. Someone stumbled upon the BeNeLux forum....so would you want Yoda to go to the Netherlands and Belgium or? (we don't have any members from Luxembourg)

4. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, the wee bugger is in Wales (After TheDarthVader was good enough to forget to send him on from London), and this was far from random. There are messages on most European boards.

5. Pepijn

Pepijn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    What is this about? I don't understand...

6. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    They're sending a toy Yoda around the world. Don't ask me why, they just are. At the moment only France and Germany (+Britain) are hosting the green git whilst he's in Europe, and they want him to go extra places, so they've started to randomly post everywhere in vain hope of getting someone to look after a toy for two weeks.

Of course, all they really want is a pic of Yoda sitting atop a bridge in central Amsterdam with a spliff hanging out of his mouth :p

7. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 6, 2002
    *****!!111onewonone

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Pretty much. ;) And we're doing it... um.. because we can? LOL. :p

9. QuiGonDave

QuiGonDave Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2004
    Sounds like fun to me... :)

10. QuiGonDave

Aug 29, 2004
    :eek: ! ^^^ that was my 444th post! ^^^ :)

11. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Congratulations on your 445th post QuiGonDave :p

Sound like a fun idea; let the Yoda come along I say :)

12. Three-Eight

Three-Eight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Yes, why not. :)

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda can go to both Belgium and the Netherlands, as long as someone from there is willing to take him. :)

14. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Okay then! I would be willing to take him, sure [face_dancing]

By the way, I like the new icon 38 [:D]

15. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 6, 2002
    Yes, he'll be welcome here also :)

16. QuiGonDave

Aug 29, 2004
    He should see Manneke Pis in Brussels [face_peace]...
    and of course Amsterdam!

edit: thnx DarthUncle :p

17. Three-Eight

Three-Eight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Thank you DU [:D]

Yeah, Yoda should see Manneke Pis. :p

18. Pepijn

Jun 28, 2002
    So when are they sending him to Colombia?

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Glad to have you aboard!

What I now need is a contact person who would be responsible for Yoda during his 2 week stay in each place. It is this person's job to look after Yoda, not disappear with him for months at a time *coughcoughLONDONcoughcough*, take him around, take pictures of him at various places, then ship him off to the next fanforce as close as you can to that 2 week mark.

When said contact person is chosen/volunteers/appointed, I need the following from them:

Which country you are representing (declare yourself a fanforce, I guess. :p)
    Full name
    Home Address (or wherever Yoda will be shipped to)
    Email address
    Phone number where they can be reached.

If the contact person could please PM me this information as soon as possible, that would be wonderful! The information will only be seen by myself, Master--Kenobi, and the contact person from the fanforce who will be sending you yoda (minus the phone number. That will be for our own records for a "just-in-case").

Nearly forgot to add:

With Yoda, a logbook is being sent around. This is a folder in which all of Yoda's memories of each stop will be stored. Each fanforce will have one page to place their favorite picture of Yoda's trip and to decorate and write on the page as much as they wish. All other pictures will be uploaded to the website that we are still constructing (link is in my signature), and where we will be able to display all of the pictures from his tour!

Thanks again!

20. Pepijn

Jun 28, 2002
    I think I'd lose him somewhere in a zoo, between the alligator food. Can I look after him?

21. QuiGonDave

Aug 29, 2004
    I'd love to do so too, but I don't know yet if I will be able... dates, and stuff ;)

22. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    You sound perfect for it Pepijn :) I would also love to do it. I should be around and reacheable for most of the time, can make trips during weekend, or take a few days off to go places I guess :)

23. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 6, 2002
    I'll at least take him to the center of Middelburg, and the "Oosterscheldekering"

24. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Yes, he should! Amsterdam as well, then Rotterdam really shouldn't be forgotten :p; things like that.

So, ahm, who do we nominate to be contactperson? How; I mean, eh, I don't think we really have something like a representative, do we?

25. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    May I be off any assistance for possible weekens trips?

*looks at DU!*

Yoda could also go skiing in the German "Harz" mountains or get plastered with "Glühwein" at a Christmas market!

*:D from one ear to the other!*

Dang, I fear that he can not meet "Sinterklaas" and exchange wisdom with him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.