main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Yoda's World Tour!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Miana Kenobi, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hello Calgary!

Your Chapter Rep PreludeRM sent me a PM asking for your group to be involved in this excursion around the world. After speaking to Master--Kenobi, the head of the tour, she has agreed to open up the tour once more for more groups to join.

Bit of background:

The idea for the tour sprung up earlier this summer when Kim (Master--Kenobi, the CR of Santa Cruz, CA) wanted to send her fried Interactive Yoda to the UK to get a picture of it with Ewan McGregor (how Yoda got fried: watching certain scenes involving Ewan McGregor in Velvet Goldmine. I kid you not). From there, the idea to send Yoda around the world sprung up, and I jumped in and started asking fanforces around the world if they wished to be involved.

The tour began in the tail-end of July this year. Yoda went on his way to London, England, where he decided to start off with a bang and disappear for nearly 4 months. Yoda was luckily found in the middle of October, and he is currently in route to Wales, UK.

The tour's thread is HERE.

If you all indeed would be interested, this is all I would need:

I need a contact person who will be responsible for Yoda during his 2 week stay in your fanforce. It is this person's job to take Yoda to "places of signifigance" and take pictures of Yoda (examples of "places of signifigance" so far: pictures with Star Wars celebrities, Disneyland, Sherwood Forest, Buckingham Palace, London Bridge, birthday parties, basically anything and everything). It is also this person's job to ship Yoda off to the next fanforce and TRY TO STAY AS CLOSE TO THAT 2 WEEK MARK AS POSSIBLE. (See the London, England thread for details as to why we're so stingy about this) :p .

SO anyways, if you decided on a contact person, please have them PM me with the following information:

Full name
    home/shipping address
    email address
    phone number

The phone number is just incase, and the home address will be used to send Yoda and/or for my own benefit if you decide to "lose" Yoda. You will find a very angry Californian banging on your door if you do. ;)

Thanks again! PM me if you have any questions!

~Rachel

2. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    May I just say...

Awesome.

3. Nite_shift

Nite_shift Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    That is very kewl ,

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Contact information received. Welcome to the tour! :D

5. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Their website is now live and we have been added to the tour. Looks like we get yoda after a frotsy 2 weeks in Alaska.

No Idea when we will se the little guy but probably in the summer or fall I'm thinking.

Ryan

6. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Can't wait to see the little guy! Hope he has a nice tour!

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Update:

The website is almost finished. However, our webmisstress' computer crashed, so it will take a little bit before we can finish it. There are several text mistakes on the website (for instance, she listed Canada as being part of the USA [face_laugh] ), but other than that, it is nearly there! I will let you know when it is finished. :D

As for Yoda himself, due to an error in the French Post Office, Yoda was sent back to Wales. We are currently preparing to try to send him to France once more. :)

Thank you for your patience! :D

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, after 3 tries to send the little guy to France (and failing each time), we have decided to skip France and move on to Germany. The tour is WAY behind schedule, so we hope it will pick up pace and continue on.

Thank you for your patience!

Also, the website is now up in English, Spanish, and German with French on the way! :D

9. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks for the update! The French mustn't like the little green guy. Tobad he didn't try using and old jedi mind trick on them. He'd be here by now.

10. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    This is really cool!

11. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_mischief] Well I hope he has better travels now. Poor Yoda! Its not easy being green. HeHe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.