main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yojimbo-Jedi Crossover (samurai movie retelling in star wars setting), Experimental & First FanFic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Merry_Mynok, Jun 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merry_Mynok

Merry_Mynok Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2001
    So, this is my first FanFic. I have been talked into writing this idea up by a friend of mine. You might recognize the plot from Fist Full of Dollars or Last Man Standing. It was originally a Samurai movie called Yojimbo. I figured that since it has been done (not as successfully) as a Western and Gangster movie, it would totally rock as a Star Wars spin-off.

For those of you who haven't seen Yojimbo, I totally recommend it. It is a major contributing factor in the presentation of the Jedi and Star Wars in general... you may have heard of The Hidden Fortress, a film by the same director (Akira Kurosawa) which Lucas admits is the source of characters C3-P0 and R2-D2.

For those of you who have seen Yojimbo, you know where this is headed. For those of you who haven't, I hope you enjoy it and are maybe inspired to visit your local video store.

Enough talk... story...

Disclaimer: I take absolutely zero credit for anything written here. George Lucas blah blah blah. Akira Kurosawa, I love you man.

In the times after the clone wars and the fall of the Jedi, many warriors were left to fend for themselves in a cruel galaxy. Royal sentries became gangster bodyguards, noble pilots became pirates, and those without morality became kings and queens. Night had fallen on the Galaxy.

The few Jedi who remained fled Vader?s systematic eradication of the old ways. Once the elite guardians of the noble Republic, the Jedi were reduced to hunted animals always on the run. The Jedi who lived was left with no devices but his wit and lightsaber?

And no master but his own survival.

The Jedi?s transport pot cut across the sky at a low angle, trying to save his poor engines from the stresses of landing from space. He had been leaking fuel since that run in with the Naboo raiders. They were pilots in the old planet?s small military, the lucky few to survive the clone wars. The Jedi could sense that their hearts weren?t in it, stealing from other refugees of the clone wars, that they were just trying to survive a bad situation. He got away, but they hit his engines pretty bad and he had no astromech to fix it.

At last he had thrown off enough speed that he could consider landing. He had overshot his target slightly, a small pad of earth raised from the wet lowlands that were predominant on the planet. He fired a quick burst from his retrothrusters, edging back toward the pad. His transport would have no more though, its limit finally reached.

There was a piercing scream and a series of loud metallic clanks from his starboard engine. In an explosion of sparks and smoke it cut out, leaving only the port thruster to push him into a dizzying spin. The Jedi tried to compensate with his rudder, but it was hopeless. He was falling out of control toward the pad.

The Jedi stumbled out of the transport, shaken but unhurt. His spacecraft was a total wreck, however. He stood on nothing more than a mangled pile of battle-grade.

He looked around the pad. There were a few other transports, all older models of personal fliers. Each one looked like it had only survived through the careful maintenance of a dedicated and talented engineer. A collection of small huts stood together off on one corner. They were thick buildings made out of large ceramic bricks, with roofs, shutters, and doors of thick steel. They were opened up to the stiff morning air, and people were arguing inside.

The Jedi walked over to them, hoping to investigate and thank them for the use of their pad. What he found was an argument.

?We need you here. These ships need service. Forget the harvest, look at what is sitting out there right now. You expect me to be able to handle it alone? And one day all this will be yours??

?I don?t want it, Dad. I don?t want your life. Engine grease, sweat, a long life eating mush. It is for you and mother but not me!?

?What will happen to you when you get old? What will become of this place we built??

?Who says I am going to be old. A short, exciting l

2. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Hmmmm... I wonder who this Jedi character is. Anyone we know? ;)

Who Else But...
    ***Senoj***

3. Merry_Mynok

Merry_Mynok Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2001
    thanks for reading it...

yes, no one you know. which really doesn't make it very good fanfic. i was gonna have jar jar binks die every post, but that wasn't working out to well.

i hope i come up with the energy to post more. maybe, maybe not. *sigh*

fun fun fun.

4. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    well well well, you finally wrote this. ALAN, THIS IS FABULOUS!!!!! Please, keep posting, I think it will really take off once it gets going. Go alan go!!! more soon!!! please!!!! :) :) :)

ash

5. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    well I think it is about time for this story to be up! :D POST!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.