main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Yom Kippur 2002 Atonement Thread...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by dp4m, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    All -

This is different from the typical "Happy New Year," or "Have a Good Fast" threads. As Yom Kippur teaches us, we are (or will be at the conclusion of tomorrow's services) atoned for all transgressions between ourselves and G-d. However, we must atone with each other on our own time.

So, to that end, I'm going to apologize for some things and I encourage all (Jewish or not) to do the same for things they feel the need to apologize for...

- I'm sorry for every time I was a tight-wad on the boards, generally being overbearing, or generally causing some people consternation. (Although I *am* pleased at some of the outcomes therein)
    - I'm sorry for accidentally outing Jedi_Samantha's relationships (twice), and inadvertantly being too flippant in my joking (especially at her expense) at certain points.
    - I'm sorry for offending anyone with my incessant complaints about Jersey.

I think that's all for now. If I think of any more I'll post 'em up tomorrow. I encourage anyone and everyone to do the same -- but remember, this is not recriminationary... this is solely what you, yourself, are sorry for that you have done.

2. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm sorry for accidentally outing Jedi_Samantha's relationships (twice)

Just dont do it a 3rd time...hehe

I am half jewish....arent i lucky.

3. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Hope your Yom Kippur is good, i'm a fellow Jew all the way from semi sunny sydney :)
    oh and Shanah Tova for last week :)

4. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I am sorry for not being a good enough friend to people that have been good friends to me.

I am sorry for being selfish and not treating my family very nicely.

That is all I can say without being more detailed.

5. skunkpunk1

skunkpunk1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    I'm sorry for anything I've ever done to affend or upset any of you. Oh, and I forgive all of you for all of your sins (this is necessary for atonement)whether you apologize or not.

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    This was a really nice thread :) Thanks guys ;)

7. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Woops! Guess I saw this one a little late :) Shanah Tova from a fellow Jew in Toronto.

Sorry for not being as patient as I should have been...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.