main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

York meet up 2006 ***details ****

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by jedi_master_booth, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Hmph. [face_pout]

2. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
  3. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Spike Wars: Episode 1. The Phantom Spike.

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    You just wait :p I'm the Evil Spike in any case, so I'll like...kill you all :p

5. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    <Yoda> Not if anything to say about it I have <Yoda>
    [image=http://innercity.id-t.com/innercity2005/portal/images/stories/hiphop/dj-yoda-big.jpg]

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    You will not stop me :p

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    All too easy *hand moves to red button* :p

I have just booked myself into here - http://elliotts.yorkwebsites.co.uk/index.htm
    for Sunday night, single room £35, with a veggie breakfast in the deal!!! All this so I can see the York Mystery Plays at least once in my life :D Is anyone going to be in York Sunday, I know Jase won't be, he has Jedi washing to get on with :p

8. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    You'd both be roped into the Mystery Plays as monks if you are there on Sunday lol, instead we may try and get you on some horses and show 'em how forces users make great jockeys! Hey, if Obi-Wan can ride boga, I expect you lot to win at some horse stuff!

10. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005

[face_whistling] getting cold feet about tunic, as majority of people going will be in civilian clothing - I'll let you know my choice tomorrow

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    No one is going to hold it against you if you don't Chris, going to a convention in costume is one thing, being out in a city for a social meet is entirely different. We will be going to shops, the Jorvik centre, and maybe even the walls, so it's really up to you. Then again, being stopped in the street so people can take pictures of Obi-Wan does have it's bonuses. Like I said, down to you, don't let anyone pressure you into/out of it.

12. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Well in that case Ill come in jeans and shirt then

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Don't be annoyed Dave, from my point of view costumers are great and I am proud of them all, brave people. But I can't allow members to feel pressured into coming in dress at meets, we are Fan Force, not actually a costuming group par se. That said, you two are also members of Rebel Legion, so there is nothing stopping you coming to FF-UK meets in costume, I'll welcome it, but we can't have people forced into it. I hope you understand that reasoning, it isn't against you and your brilliant support of costuming?

So like I said, I just wanted to make it clear no one has to do costuming, but it will always be welcome if you feel like it. But no pressure or comments about people who don't. That ok?

14. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Hang on Tim - We just do it for fun not for any other reason -

Ive just PMed Spike Thmid to say we are coming in casual dress as its going to be HOT

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I know you do it for fun Dave lol! But when certain people don't turn up in cossie, comments have been made in the past. Savy? I am saying, no pressure on people from anyone please. We can chat about all this on Sat anyways. Will be good to meet you finally :)

16. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    Well it's gonna be casual dress all round - I'll save the robes for GMEX

Don't worry Tim, Dave wasn't pressuring me - I'm big enough & ugly enough not to be pressured, though I do need the occasional nudge in the right direction :D

Not long to go now [face_dancing]

17. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Yes Tim we finaly get to meet [face_peace] - ( You find when I start ranting on mst peple tell me to shut up or just Ignore me )

Yes spikey (the True spike) its casual dress And your not Ugly You wait to you see my beard !:_|

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey guys, Real Spike here :p

What time is everyone planning on heading back from York? Just I need to plan train times etc.

19. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Im staying for the Ghost Walk and all.....which finishes at about 9pm....that is if we are all still going on it? Not sure....

20. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Any time is best for us we may be heading back home around 8pm -

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, trains back to Darlo are frequent, so I can stay till 9 and still have about 4-5 trains I can still catch.

Awesome.

Right, see you guys 2moro at 12 :D

22. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Just got back. Had a great time :D

Shame about me booking the hotel for last month - whoops!

Looking forward to next time. Will upload pics tomorrow - all buildings ;)

23. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Hey True North Guys !

Me and my patner Chris got hme for 11pm,
    We had a great time in York The weather being hot enough (Just glad we didnt do "robes" as we would have been TOO hot)
    It was great to finaly meet Go Away and TimB.

I enjoyed the Walk on City Walls (Still one part of the wall still to do)
    The Climb up the Tower was a scream (I cant wait to see the pics )

The day went well and even the Ghost walk went ok there is still much more to be done in York (We need to start re-thinking how to re-do York for next year)

Hope everyone got home safe.

24. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    yeh, it was a crackin meet.

perfect weather, good company :D

The Jorvik was much better than I thought it would be, especially when a woman dressed "other" spike up & tried to beat him up with a big stick (no less than he deserves :p)

Walking the wall was interesting & having Tim along as a benchmark of how the wall would of protected the *ahem* smaller person of Roman times against the hostile arrows.

And then onto the minster - myself, Tim, "other" spike, Dave & Jase braved the spiral staircase upto the top of the minster - which was awesome !!!! but eventhough we rang go-away and told her they had a bar at the top she wasn't having any of it and promptly dirverted to a nearby beer garden.

Finally rounded off with a eriee, spooky ghost trip [face_skull] (in fantastic sunshine, the two don't really go together too well [face_thinking]) it was quite entertaining & well worth the £4 IMO, Oh I checked out Harry Martindale (the man who "saw" the Roman Legion) on google and there is a fair bit about his story.

Can't wait to see the pics :D

25. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Oh man that was so much fun.

My legs hurt from climbing that spiral staircase [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.