main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

-YOU- advise George Lucas about Ep III ... whaddiya say?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by NyLonathatep, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sketcher

Sketcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    have padme bein a huge fight where she's about to win and something happens that causes her to die.

2. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    Hm... I think I would just tell him to have it 3 hrs long. At least.

3. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Don't worry about the tragic elements hurting your movie's box office or general appeal. Many moviegoers have lost faith in you because they never had it to begin with. They are looking for perfection and your supporters never have. Don't even worry about making the perfect movie. Even if all the elements don't tie in to Episode 4, it can always be corrected later in EU or in the novelization.

You've had this story for longer than probably any other idea you have ever had. Flow with it, and let the chips fall where they may. Tell ILM, Ben Burtt, and John Williams thanks for me! Be nice to Jar Jar!

And finally, don't listen to us! Have fun, and do your best just like you always do!

4. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    Well met Jarjar.

5. LightBird51

LightBird51 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    Make us leave the theatre in total shreds!
    (oh yeah, please get some help with the Anakin and Padme dialog) :D

6. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    All I want is an explanation about Tarkin otherwise keep up the good work.

7. Katina_Of_SWC

Katina_Of_SWC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2001
    Make the dialoge better! It's okay if Ep3 is three hours long! Lord of the Rings was and people still went to see it. And don't listen to the stupid critics.

8. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    There's an identical thread on the spoiler board so I'll just repeat my response here:

Make the movie that you want to make that ties everything together and don't worry about millions of conflicting ideas and suggestions from "backseat" fanboys who think that they can do a better job than you can.

9. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    You guys ask for way too much from Lucas. You want a 3 hour dramatically tragic perfect science fiction movie. That's a pretty tall order wouldn't you say? This is the problem with critics and Star Wars, they expect too much. They expect the second coming of film. And what do they get? "Flash Gordon". And that?s what I love about it! It's great simple sci-fi without all the modern day cynical BS. And don't ask for Oscar caliber writing either because your not going to get it. These movies are made mainly for kids not adults expecting "Citizen Kane" dialogue. George keeps it simple, I thought you guys, being SW fans, would've know that by now.

As a fan I would tell Lucas to keep up the great work. But there's one thing I would hope he would consider is that he doesn't leave any plot holes left unanswered from the original trilogy. But like I said before we underestimate Lucas genius, he has answer many questions already and will most likely answer more in the next and final Episode. :)

10. AnakinBaggins

AnakinBaggins Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2002
    Yay! My first post on this board.

Anyway, the one thing I hope for in Ep III is emotional. I hope it's very dark. I don't know if I'll get this or not since GL has said he tries to stay away from anything melodramatic in SW. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed. After all, Anakin's revelation to Padme about the Tusken raiders was pretty wrenching. Just turn that emotion up a little higher and make sure Williams writes some powerful music (I'm sure he will), and you'll have the perfect concluding SW flick.

11. Rogue_Kreg

Rogue_Kreg Jedi Master star 1

May 20, 2002
    My request is a small one. I just want to see Obi-Wan rip Anakin to shreds.

And I second the motion to see Tarkin in there also.

12. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Uppers

Bloody thing was locked :p

13. MOSEP

MOSEP Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    I agree with herder-of-nerfs.
    It´s ok if it´s kind of obvious that Vader is Anakin, just don´t tell us.

I like the idea of Mace and/or Yoda realizing
    that it´s the chosen one under the black outfit when/if they see him, but they don´t speak it out loud.
    I don´t know how to show that in a motion picture, but i guess Lucas could make it...

14. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Figure out a way for it to tie into Episode VII. How he does this I don't know, how he does this I don't care, but It Must Be Done! :p

15. JediHunterCommand

JediHunterCommand Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I'd say, do your own thing. It is, after all, your movie... but have Lawrence Kasdan read the script. The worst dialogue in the movies could have been rewritten in an hour.

Heck, if Kasdan isn't available, I'll do it for free.

16. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    "Just make the movie how you think it should be."

17. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Well, I'm, like the rest of us, not exactly the person to be making suggestions to someone like George Lucas about what is essentially his baby.

I would say, however, that Episodes I and II have been very good set-ups, and now, He finds himself in a spot where he really has the opportunity to make something very amazing. I can only hope for a more epic feel.

So basically I'd just say, alright, do whatever you've had in your mind to the best representation and we, the real fans, won't be dissapointed.

18. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Better to kill off Jar Jar within the first hour, just to get it over with. Second, more Obi-Wan & Padme interaction. You want their relationship to be belieavable, that Padme would have to trust Obi-Wan completely to take care of her babies. Maybe bring back some old handmaidens from Episode I (Keira Knightley)

~aeryn

19. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Padme won't need to trust Obi-Wan, she'll be dead by the time Obi-Wan takes the babies. Her death is WHY he takes them.

20. QUEEN_LEIA

QUEEN_LEIA Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    A good topic here's mine:

1. Don't direct under any circumstances.

Leave the directing to the pro's that know what they are doing like Jackson, Spielberg, Ang Lee, Cameron, Irvin, Matrix brothers. GL is a good special effects person so that where he should stay and keep away from people.

2.Get a *GOOD* screenplay writer.

Again hire someone competent who isn't a yesman to fix the dialogue and tighten up loose end.Mr. Hales didn't (or wouldn't) get the job done the first time.

3. Replace HAydeN chrIstenSon.

What can I say about this guy he's the worst actor alive period.I don't want to get to deep into this but it's my opinion.

Those are my friendly words to Mr. Lucas.

21. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    3. Replace HAydeN chrIstenSon."

That would hurt continuity and consistency a little bit. I respect your opinion though.

22. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Replace HAydeN chrIstenSon.

What can I say about this guy he's the worst actor alive period

Hayden is an utterly brilliant actor compared to Jake Lloyd

23. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Have Obi Wan be more heroic and do more. Have Jar Jar do less and if you dont kill him off barely feature him in the movie.

24. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I wouldn't say much - I'd only say, "Don't be afraid to make a dark, complex movie."

:)

25. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Advise GL on SW? What do I look like? SuperShadow? :D

Seriously, I'm in the "Keep the Vader/Anakin surprise" camp. I mean, we all know that they are one in the same, because we got surprised back in the mid-80s. I'd sort of like my children to get that surprise, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.