NYC, NY You all have my condolences...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TIEace, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    That Nostradamus quote is a fake. Here is information from the Urban Legends Reference Pages that debunks this hoax that's currently floating around the Internet.

For some reason, I'm only getting that URL to work on Netscape, but not Internet Explorer. The webpage is http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/hoaxes/predict.htm

Phil
  2. sw1138fan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm glad so many of our fellow fans are safe. may those of you who lost loved ones have comfort in your life.
  3. LLL Force Ghost

star 4
    Strilo:

I think all this blubbering about starting a war is silly.

You cannot in good conscience start a war without even knowing who you're fighting, and where and how to engage them.
  4. JediObi Jedi Knight

Please know that there are many of us in Toledo, Ohio praying for all of you. We feel your pain and your loss is ours. God bless America.
  5. Tammy-Wan Jedi Knight

Plenty of love from your friends here in Atlanta! We're all thinking of you.

Tammy-Wan
  6. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    I stood at the top of your towers and saw the world in a different way. Now I see the space where it was and hope that everyone sees the world in a different way.
    May all you living a thousand miles from me feel the love being sent to you from around the world, and know that the extent of your pain may never be understood by us, but it is shared by many.
    May we all find a way to believe that the world we all seek exists.
    XX from Queensland Australia
  7. Lieutenant Piett Jedi Master

star 4
    From a relatively new New Yorker: thank you, all those posted here from around the country and the world!

We are all neighbors, all part of that same Circle of Life, hereupon the sphere of the earth.
    When all those killed in this horror died, we all died a little. And as the rest of us live on, so shall they live on in our hearts and minds.

Despite the shellshock that lingers still, New York is possessed with a certain Stoicism: life must carry on. With each new day, now each new week: a new beginning. There is work to be done.

As one of my Guitar Craft teachers said: "There is no small good; there is no large evil."

**Piett**
  8. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    From Houston:
    To my New York keensmen (and keenswomen), my thoughts and prayers have been with you non-stop since this took place. I have cried with you, felt outrage with you. I will continue to pray for you guys. You guys are great and you live in a great city, which is still great despite the tragedy. If there is anything I, Darth-Stryphe, can do for my fellow Americans there in New York, you can just PM me.

Love and Peace,
    D-S
  9. Oola002 Jedi Padawan

Everyone at the Brooklyn Museum of Art is okay.

Thank you all for your kind words. Friends outside New York keep asking me if I plan to leave New York for safer ground. The answer is no. I think I, and many of my fellow New Yorkers, have developed a sort of London Blitz mentality. If we quit -- they win. So we egg each other on through grief, asthma, fatigue, and a very real fear of the inevitable next attack. As one of my New York friends put it "Hey, bin Lauden, you lookin at me?"
  10. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    I am very happy to hear you guys are all OK Oola, I sent several e-mails and had not heard back but I have been having e-mail and cell phone trouble since all this started.

I am glad you are sticking around! :)
  11. Oola002 Jedi Padawan

Email at the Brooklyn Museum only came back on yesterday.
  12. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Friends outside New York keep asking me if I plan to leave New York for safer ground.

Stand your ground! Truth is, any big city is a target. I've heard reports that Houston, where I live, was targeted for a similar attempt which failed (the terrorist never made it to the plane). Now, I don't know if that's true, but it could be. Doesn't mean I'm going to go running for the hills. What happened was terrible, but you guys are going to pull through because your strong, and we're all behind you.

On this note, in fact, my brother and I had both toyed with the idea of moving to Manhattan before this happened. We spoke recently and both agreed, despite this, we still want to move up there.
  13. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    well, it's been 6 months, and there is one thing i would like to say: i am impressed with the way NYC has been able to pull through. after the horrible 9/11 terrorist attacks, & the anthrax last fall, i am very impressed with the way NYC, and it's citiziens have been able to pull through this horrible tradegy. the strength of the people of New York City is an example for us Angelenos (i live in L.A.) & for people across the globe. losing the Twin Towers, and all of those innocent lives, left a hole in the hearts of New Yorkers (if terrorists ever strike Library Tower or the Hollywood sign here in Los Angeles, i would be very, very upset) & the FDNY & NYPD have defined what heroes truely are. i wear a NY Yankees pin every day in remeberence of 9/11, and as a reminder of the strength of your city. i also created a sign, and put above my bed that reads: 'L.A. loves N.Y.' there is actually a heart between L.A. & N.Y. i wil never forget, and i will always remember the strength of New York City.

from the City of Angels,
    DarthTunick (aka Armen Tunick)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.