main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You all must know this but

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Darthmcm, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthmcm

Darthmcm Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    I sent an email to Gamer below

I keep hearing that Gamer is going to stop being published. I hope very
    much this is not true, but if so what happens to our subscriptions?

this is what i got in return

After issue 10, SW Gamer will be suspended. At that time they will decide
    if it is to be canceled. If it is canceled subscribers will most likely
    have a choice of a refund a transfer to another WOTC publication.

Thank you,
    Matt
    c/s

is there any other wotc magazines that a star wars fan would like? I already get insider

2. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Their list of other magazines are:

Dragon Magazine: The only magazine to have supported, shaped and propelled the D&D game to fantastic heights. Innovative articles, adventures, and fantasy fiction.

Sideboard Online: Sideboard Online provides coverage of all major Magic events and articles related to organized Magic play.

Dungeon Adventures: Devoted to Dungeons & Dragons adventures. DMs and role players can find 4 to 6 ready-to-play adventures in each issue.

Star Wars Insider: Every other month, Star Wars Insider takes you behind the scenes of the thrilling Star Wars saga. Find out more about the magazine and the things we cover at our official website

So if you already have Insider and don't play D&D or Magic you probably should just get the refund.

3. Darthmcm

May 21, 2001
    I guess I will be getting the refund. I will just use the money to see EPII some more :) Its a bummer about gamer though. I dont play the RPG but I like to read the storys and about the missions.

4. Maj_Odo-Taji

Maj_Odo-Taji Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    Excuse my language, but if they scrub the Gamer, I will be so friggin' pissed off. I know there are business considerations, but I have never gotten the thought that the Gamer was anything BUT successful. If I am wrong, then I apologize. If I'm not, then whoever in WOTC that made the call ought to be shot for ignorance.

Bastards...maybe. ;)

Glad He Isn't Passionate On The Subject,
    Maj-Odo Taji

5. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Nice choice of words. I do think it is pathetic that a company that is 'so much better' than WEG can't even keep a roleplaying update source for as many issues as WEG did with the Adventure Journels. I mean WEG was even bringing info out more often and in greater amounts.

6. Maj_Odo-Taji

Maj_Odo-Taji Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    I really only played Star Wars a few times under WEG, so I really can't speak for their supplemental materials. But form everything I have read Crimson, you are a pretty dead-on guy.

Really pretty of hypocritical of WoTC, deifnitely.

Careful WIth His Words, *g*
    Maj-Odo Taji

7. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I'd have to agree that WEG, though they sometimes miffed on material, seemed to do a better job with supplements than WotC is doing now. There's hardly any relevent materials to use in these expansions. And while we're on the subject of Wizards, they're *already* putting out a revised core book?!? What in the name of blue milk is this? If you ask me, WotC doesn't seem all to happy to have the Star Wars brand. Otherwise, they'd be making a better product.

8. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Dragon Magazine: The only magazine to have supported, shaped and propelled the D&D game to fantastic heights. Innovative articles, adventures, and fantasy fiction.

Woohoo! Let's hear it for orc motor cycle gangs in Greyhawk!

I miss the 2nd Edition Dragon & Dungeon mags from 2nd Ed.

That really stinks about Gamer, though, it had decent portential. Maybe Wizards will do an Adventue Journal style book instead.

9. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Very unlikely.

I agree that they shouldn't need a revised book this soon, plus the fact that it keeps getting closer to D&D all the time.

10. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Orc motorcycle gangs. [face_laugh]

I am bummed about the demise of the Gamer. I have always found it to be useful. Hopefully they will put out something to take its place.

11. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Yet again, very unlikely.

12. Darthmcm

May 21, 2001
    I hope Insider starts printing Short Stories like the ones from gamer

13. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I think the value per cost ratio is also much lower for Wizards than WEG. The revisions for the Core Rulebook are probably primarily due to Episode II revision, but they should have just added a supplemental sourcebook instead of making people buy a book that will probably be 75% the same stuff.

14. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    My understanding is that they are: Redoing starship combat completely, adding all of the revisions released, and adding EP II info. Plus some more that I can't think of now.

15. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I think it is going to use the starship combat rules in Gamer number 8.

16. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Thats what I've heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.