main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"You are a collector, are you not?" The new acquisitions thread.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Commander Antilles, Jul 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I got Sabe and Duros at the weekend, plus a battery cover and laser gun piece to repair my vintage TIE Interceptor with! :cool:

2. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    today i picked up the quigan jedi master from episode one collection. I also picked up the POTF2 Death star droid.
    Episode 1 collection all i need is 4 more figs. yeah

3. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Over the weekend I picked up all the Hallmark 2001 ornaments. I also finally found Aurra Sing at Target and picked up the 12" Tarpals/Kaadu as a clearance item while I was there.

4. Paranoid_Android

Paranoid_Android Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2001
    I finally found Han Solo Bespin Capture and Boba Fett 300th edition.

5. Mark CK

Mark CK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I found the B-Wing, completing my searching for the time being. I can't say much for the B-Wing, though. It's packaged nicely and the weathering looks good...but other than that it's just the old B-Wing with no battery operated lights. Plus I think $40 was a bit much for this considering that the figure looks awful familiar...

6. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I got the 12" Target Capt. Tarpals with Kaadu for 12 bucks the other day! :D

7. JulesTHWAF

JulesTHWAF Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2000
    Picked up the B-Wing on Tues. Love it. No complaints. Agree that $40 is a bit much but its so nice I don't care. You won't hear a peep out of me...

8. catnapper

catnapper Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2001
    A B-Wing would be the most recent addition to my collection - no complaints here: it's big, it's detailed and it makes the 3rd item in my collection that I won't open (besides my Y-Wing & assorted carded figures).

9. leif

leif Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 1999
    Bwing a month ago at Target. Last one & only one ive ever seen at any of our 3 Targets.

Duro, Sabe, Ketwol, & Bespin guard 3 weeks ago at Babbages...paid 9 a figure!

Quigon Armor & Obiwan Snow Gear at Target last weekend, 10 minutes till closing.

Sandtroopers online at Toymaniacs $10. this week.

10. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I bought Ketwol and the Fans Choice figure last week. Didn't LucasFilm say that the Duros were actually an off-shoot of the Nemoudians? No mention of that with the figure.

11. Calis

Calis Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2000
    Ketwol
    Sabe
    Bespin Guard
    Duros

Aunt Beru
    Mynock Hunt 3 Pack
    Jedi Luke/Bib Fortuna 12" 2-Pack

12. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I got from trades:

Orange card Luke longsaber (I already had one but you can never have too many).

POTJ Dirty Biker Scout
    POTJ Kenobi Cold Weather
    POTJ Qui-Gon Jedi Armor

13. Capt1225

Capt1225 Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2001
    I received a MOMC Amidala Battle (FINALLY!!), and Evolution P4 promo with Anakin/Vader in a trade yesterday. Man, I was psyched!! :D

14. Mark CK

Mark CK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I picked up the R2, 3PO and Chewbacca palm-talkers the other day. They were tucked away on the top shelf in a Meijers Thrifty Acres. (They also had several figures from the Duros wave. The Christmas is slowly approaching).

15. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    I didn't buy anything for a week but today, I complete my 3rd 12" custom, a Rebel Fleet Trooper. All geared up and impressive. Got to work on his weapon next though :)

16. dengar403

dengar403 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2000
    I found the interceptor at two different toys r us in CA this morning.

17. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Wave 1 of my birthday has struck, giving me 4 boxes of Evolution cards...have about 10+ complete commons sets, all the chase cards + a handful of extras to trade and 3 Level A autograph cards (not getting an auto in one of the boxes blows). I have a sneaking suspision when Wave 2 (my wife's side of the family) strikes I may get another box. Waiting sucks.

18. PlyFury

PlyFury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2001
    Things are slow here. Nothing new at Wally-World or TRU. I ordered a FF Death Star Droid fan club ed. and a POTJ OB1-Kenobi from ANH. Thought it was a good time to round out some figures I been trying to get but put off.

19. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Got 4 more Evolution autograph cards...one of which is the Anthony Daniels Level D autograph card!!!!!!! My wife suddenly became interested in my hobby for a few moments until I explained to her that I'm not going to sell the card. Need to remember to hid that binder....

20. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    I recently found a Rebel Pilot Cinema Scene, plus I bought a liscensed Joe Corroney print of (minor AOTC spoiler removed) an AOTC scene.

EDIT: DOH!

21. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    In the last couple of days, I've got a loose complete vintage Endor Han, Endor Leia, snowtrooper, stormtrooper, AT-AT driver, ANH Leia, and POTF2 Leia on speeder bike. :)

22. PlyFury

PlyFury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2001
    Why Sony snob? Audio?

Ever hear of McIntosh?

23. Doikk Nots

Doikk Nots Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 1999
    While cleaning out my old closet at my parents' house I found a box of my old Star Wars toys that I thought were sold at a garage sale. They've all been opened and played with (by me, when I was little). They're priceless. The coolest one I found was my stormtrooper with a broken foot that looks like he's peed himself 'coz he's sunbleached from the waist down. I left him in the garden one day with his head buried in the dirt after a painful interrogation by Lord Vader. :)

24. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    Latest purchase, Lego Imperial Shuttle. Nothing spectacular I know, but I like it.

25. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Well I picked up these in an toy store that was clearing out old stuff:

(All are mint)

Admiral Ackbar with Freeze Frame
    Yak Face with Freeze Frame
    EV9D9 with Freeze Frame
    Biggs Darklighter with Freeze Frame
    Lav Sirak with Freeze Frame
    Nien Numb with Freeze Frame

2-1b Medic Droid