main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"You are a collector, are you not?" The new acquisitions thread.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Commander Antilles, Jul 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    [face_laugh]

My mom bought me all the Scholastic movie novels. All 6 were sitting on the table when I got home.

EDIT: In case anyone looks at my profile, yes I'm 29, yes I'm married, and yes my mom lives with me and my wife. She moved in with us after my dad passed away.

2. RyanJR

RyanJR Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    I got:

12"Barriis and Shaak
    and the Vader/Anakin with the package variation

3. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    How are the 12" Barriss and Shaak?

4. RyanJR

RyanJR Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    They are by far the best looking of the 12" figs in my opinion.

Will they be any other 12"ers coming out?

5. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    3X Clone Pilot
    2X AT-TE Gunner
    1X Palpatine red saber
    1X Mas Amedda
    1X Vaders Mediacl Droid
    1X General Grievous #36
    1X Arc-170
    2X Grevious Body Guards
    3X Clone trooper
    2X Holo Yoda
    1X Darth Sidious Bestbuy .45 Mini Saber

6. MatamFowas

MatamFowas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    I went to another Kohl's last night and they too didn't have squat! The only figure over #33 was Exploding General Grievous #36, but after what I've heard, I don't want him. Also, I already have Grievous #9 and the Sneak Preview.

Anyways, I guess this is just a sign telling me to wait until more come out. And I don't mean to sound nasty when I say this, but I think certain "collectors" out there who already have one or MORE copies of the #33+ or the Royal Guards should back OFF and leave some on the shelves for other collectors as well as kids. IMO, you DON'T need any more than ONE of each figure! Unless you're a kid (collector) who likes to actually play with the figures too.

Dark Helmet: What did you see, Colonel?

Colonel Sanders: Nothing, sir! I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!

7. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Exploding Grievous isn't that bad actually, from a certain point of view.

With his cloak on he looks very good (if a little too clean). The trick is that you might not want to take off the rubberband that's holding him together underneath it. It won't affect what the figure looks like displayed witht he cloak, and will keep him together rather well.

Otherwise he'll wind up like the "slice & dice" Geonosian that came with one of the Saga deluxe Anakin figures.

8. Deliriou5

Deliriou5 Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2003
    FOUND!

PEZ dispensers for Episode III:

General Grievous
    Emperor Palpatine
    Darth Vader
    Baba Fett
    Jango Fett
    Yoda
    C-3PO
    Chewbacca

9. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I've seen a few of those at Target.

Today I got...

Jorg Sacul
    Lava Vader
    Animated Dooku
    Animated Anakin (non battle damage)

10. RyanJR

RyanJR Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    I got some good stuff today, a local antique/junk shop had some stuff I wanted:

12" Action Fleet Snowtrooper(box was a little beat up but still closed and unopened)

POTF: 12" Obi Wan(box was a little better than the snowtrooper)
    Electronic Pwer FX Xwing(came with box but was opened, in good condition)

EP1: 12" Jar Jar
    STAP w/ Droid preview figure

2 original lightsabres from ROTJ, missing blades but still cool

ROTJ cup dated 1983

And Darth Vader fig that I need help identifying:
    It's 15" tall hard plastic
    has GMFGI 1978 Made in Hong Kong on the back
    no cape or sabre

got it all for $75

11. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    You can probably check at Rebelscum for information on the 15" Vader.

12. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    does it look like this? minus the cape & saber of course, which are easily lost.

that picture looks glossier than most that you find these days. i'll try to find another picture. sounds to me like the vintage 12inch vader.

13. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    That looks pretty sweet.

14. RyanJR

RyanJR Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    That looks like it but he's 12" at the shoulder

Found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50271&item=5968334610&rd=1

Not my auction, not endorsing it

That's exactly what mine looks like

15. The_Littlest_Jedi

The_Littlest_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2005
    Hey all!

Last night I stopped by Wal-Mart and found most of the books out about E3. I picked up "The Making Of...", "The Art Of...", and the graphic novel.

Amazing books. Snag them if you can!

Doodles

16. Ewok_Commando

Ewok_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    I love the art books-- I've got the hardcover art books for Eps I and II, and plan to pick up III this weekend.

17. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Picked up a second Attacktix Starter Set and got another Booster Pack for free at TRU.

Obviously multiples of all the Starter figs (including the "mystery" Wookiee Scout)...but nothing but new in the Booster Pack...Commander Gree, Rep Clone Trooper, and Bail Organa.

18. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Wow. Sooo many "new acquisitions" I don't think I could list them.

I had bought an ARC-170 and clone pilot for a friend and when I dropped it off be said he didn't have the room for his 3 3/4 figures and didn't want them so I ended up with a garbage bag full of toys.

Its a nice collection of stuff I never thought I would get, stuff I'd been trying to get off Ebay, and stuff I would never of bought on my own (some of them like the seperatists I think I'll like there are a couple of OT secondary characters I'm not sure what I'm going to do with though).

Oh and I got the "chopper droid" from Kohls and my hard cover GN came yesterday. All in all a pretty good day :D

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    RyanJR - it does sound like you found the Kenner 15-inch Vader (#38610). Universe of Star Wars Collectables lists a loose one with cloth cape and saber at 100.00 US. The figure was originally sold in a window box with a flap and is considered a 'highly prized collectable', even if loose. Too bad yours is missing his parts..

20. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Received a Lava Vader and a Holo Yoda from friends in the US. Thanks guys !!!

21. rebelwookiee

May 18, 2004
    just to be clear--when i said "12 inch darth vader" i meant 12 inch scale. he's actually 15 inches tall. i probably didn't make that very clear. whatever you call it, it's a great find. i got one when i was a kid for 50 cents at a garage sale. if you wanted to do some customizing, you could easily make a decent cape and saber. the originals aren't very fancy.

22. RyanJR

RyanJR Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    I was thinking of making a cape, because we have some heavy black cloth around the house, but I didn't know what to use for the sabre.

The guy that I bought all this from also has the original x-wing, rebel transport, ewok village; but they are all loose. I might need to get them too

23. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Not in my hand yet but ordered a Medicom Vader 1/6 scale! That sucker is AWESOME!

Thank heavens for friends in Japan!

24. rebelwookiee

May 18, 2004
    The guy that I bought all this from also has the original x-wing, rebel transport, ewok village; but they are all loose. I might need to get them too

i haven't found anything this good at a reasonable price for a long time. i used to find stuff at every garage sale and junk shop i went to. i guess all of us collectors have hoarded it for so long that there's not much left.

i went hunting last night at Target and Wal-Mart. Nothing new that i needed. Target had restocked the cup/figure sets, and had a couple obi-wans and grievous left. the ARC-170 was there too, and seems to be getting more common.

25. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    A friend here where I work just got me a Clone Wars Cartoon ArC Trooper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.