main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"You are a collector, are you not?" The new acquisitions thread.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Commander Antilles, Jul 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlyFury

PlyFury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2001
    Yes!

Darth Vader Emperors Wrath!

Picked Aniken up while traveling in NC, at a Raeligh area Target. He rules! Must break this guy outta the pack to battle a lightning bolt toting Emperor.

"Let me look on you with my own eyes."
    Vader

2. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I got the DS Escape and Final Jedi Duel Cinema scenes the other day, and I've just won the Executor box video set for £50 ($75).

3. xvindicationx

xvindicationx Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2001
    Hey, my name's Tim and I live in Belgium. SW toys are hard to find and expensive here. If I send you some money, could you get me a few figures? I will reward you greatly!!! Please e-mail me if you can help me ou!!! Thanx a lot!!!!
    timrolle@hotmail.com

4. Mark CK

Mark CK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Found Luke X-Wing, Han and Emperor's Wrath Vader. Vader's upper half is transluscent like Dagobah Vader. The skull effect is neat once it's out of the package. Han is a nice sculpt. Luke is...well, he could be worse. (Aren't you a little thin for a stormtrooper?)

5. PlyFury

Jul 15, 2001
    I dont think I'll pick up the Luke or Han, thier just not that different or special. Ohh if you dont open the Vader youll kick yourself, the skull is way cool!

Anyone get the crashed snowspeeder yet? If so what are the figures like?

6. mjskywalk

mjskywalk Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    Just a couple of days ago I went to Target and I got that POTJ Luke in pilot's gear (does anyone elses figure have buck teeth?) and Shmi Skywalker. I don't usually get Episode 1 figures, but I thought that she was an unusual figure.
    Of course, I only went to get batteries....

7. Darth Vaernexx the Scion

Darth Vaernexx the Scion Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 1999
    I did my routine searching, and I found Shmi and Obi-Wan Training at Wal-Mart. However, PotJ was shelved right above all the new LotR merchandise, and when you compare the two, Hasbro seems like a rip-off. $6.44 for a little Shmi that looks like a glorified eraser, and $6.93 for the larger LotR figures that aren't too bad. I left empty-handed. I'll wait for a clearance.

8. Todd4LOM

Todd4LOM Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    The past few weeks have been pretty good collecting wise. I just got Shmi and Obi-Wan at Walmart, the case wasn't even opened yet. I got the 12" DSD and DST, a Tie Interceptor, and the Darth Vader, Boba Fett and Chewie palm talkers from TRU. I picked up 8 more Jawas for my jawa army at a used toy store. But the best of all, a Boba Fett palm talker prototype off eBay.

9. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I've found Shmi last week. I'll try to go to Target today to see if I can pick up anything else.

10. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Yes! Back from Target, and I found the new Han, Luke, Obi-wan and Vader. Good day!

11. PlyFury

Jul 15, 2001
    Wally world yeilded a Shimi and OB1-Jedi training on Thur. evening. Too sweet! I really thought I'd have to hunt hard for these. Cool! Definately passing on Luke pilot and Han Deathstar.

12. Jedi-Knight2AMaster

Jedi-Knight2AMaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2001
    I went to my brother's house yesterday(4 hour trip)and I stopped by Target and they had the new Luke X-Wing Pilot and the new B-Wing!I also went to Wal*Mart today and found the Bespin Guard,Shmi Skywalker,and Obi-Wan Training Gear.

13. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    today was my lucky week,
    at my local KB the POTJ figures were 2.99, so i picked up anikin skywalker (mechanic), oui-gon-jinn (mos-espa desguies) and Obi wan from ANH (jedi knight)
    also found the cantina aliens 3-pack, along with the skiff 3 pack(it may be called jabas sail barge 3 pack, i dont have it with me right now).

also at my local Half price books, they had a whole bunch of the dark horse star wars comics, including Boba fett twin ingines of destruction for about $.98 $1.48 each.

and my birthday was the 25th, got the super deformed stormtrooper, boba fett, and darth vader.

mesa very happy with this weeks finds, however with mesa track record i will not have another great week of finds like this for a half year or so...

14. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    just won an obi-wan papsi stand up for $13, and a europeian (not sure if i spelled that right, so if i did not please no-one be offended)silver yoda can for $14

15. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Picked up shimi and obi wan jedi training tonight, also picked up gasgano a couple of weeks ago on clearence. only 3 episode figs to go!!!!!!!

16. purple4lee

purple4lee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 1999
    Last week I got a set of 6 vintage SW spoons. They have the pics of the main characters on them. (I also collect spoons from the various places that we travel so this was something for both of my collections.)

17. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    Today i went out in search of LOTR figures for my dad (BIG LOTR FAN)anf found a POTJ bespin guard, and Degobah Darth vader at kb for 2.99 each

18. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    also won a Star wars pepsi bottle from 96'

I love Ebay.....

19. PadawanLearner

PadawanLearner Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2001
    HAHA! Just got Emperor's wrath Vader!

Sorry scalpers!

20. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I just got the X-wing Luke. Man, it's awful.

21. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    just got a Sandtrooper, after weeks of searching.
    Also picked up a $1.97 deluxe obi wan from ep.1
    found another batch of cheap star wars comics to.

still cant find emperors wrath vader(without resorting to scalpers) .

22. Intercept

Intercept Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2001
    Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader
    Shmi Skywalker

23. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    Big inflateable yoda can from ep.1 promotion.

24. JeffJedi

JeffJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 1999
    Well I just got Shimi (I had to look at a dozen just to find a nicely painted face) and Jedi Training Armor Obi-Wan (who is much cooler than he looks in package. Now I want Jedi Armor Qui-Gon to go with him).

25. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Just picked up the new luke, han and vader figures. I hope to have the B-wing soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.