"You are a collector, are you not?" The new acquisitions thread.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Commander Antilles, Jul 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Intercept Jedi Padawan

Han Solo: Death Star Escape
  2. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I don't know if it really counts as a collectible, but the TPM DVD is the first SW item I've bought in months. A pity I don't have more money, cause I keep seeing lots of POTJ figures I don't have on sale.
  3. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, i got the DVD and my wife got from a friend of hers at work the R2-D2 Ice Cooler the real big one. Anybody know how much its worth?
  4. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    My wife gave me my birthday presents today, I got the B-wing, a episode 1 T-shirt, a Jedi Hat, a Han solo CD-ROM game, and STAR WOIDS Documentry. I made out like a bandit today. WOOO HOOO!!!
  5. Darth Vaernexx the Scion Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was lucky enough to receive these DVD promotional buttons from a friend at Kmart:

Amidala

Maul

End Duel
  6. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Just picked up the deluxe darth maul,the one with the lightsaber handleand moves. now all i need to complete those three is the obi-wan one, yay.
  7. Intercept Jedi Padawan

Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Training Gear

Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot
  8. Mark CK Jedi Master

star 4
    I acquired a 12" DSD to add to my collection of 12" bipedal droids. :D

I also saw at least 5 or 6 cases of the new Vader Emperor's wrath figs at Target. I already have them, so I didn't actually acquire anything, but I thought it was interesting to have seen such.
  9. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Got OBiwan deluxe from episode 1 collection. now i hjave all three. Whoohoo.
  10. Bash Jedi Youngling

star 4
    OK, I bought a load of suff at the Memorablia event here in the UK today.

POTF2 Pote Snitkin
    POTF2 Death Star Trooper
    POTF2 Rancor with Luke
    POTJ Tusken Raider
    POTJ Han Solo Death Star Escape
    POTJ Leia Bespin Escape
    POTJ Boss Nass
    POTJ Luke X-wing pilot
    POTJ Shmi Skywalker
    POTJ Sandtrooper
    POTJ Lando Calrissian
    POTJ Ben Kenobi
  11. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    I got three nice complete vintage stormtroopers, a vintage Ree Yees and biker scout, and Shmi.
  12. Ternian Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Woo hoo! I walked into a new wave! :D

Shmi
    Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath
    Stormtrooper
    Obi-Wan Training
    Kotool(?)
    Bespin Guard
    Han Solo

Hee hee. I happy. ;)

13. obi_john Jedi Knight

star 1
    I found the Luke in the Bacta Tank and shirtless Maul tonight when I hit my local Wal-Mart. They had a ton of these figures surprisingly.

obi_john
  14. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    The new trailer got me so excited about Star Wars, that I rushed to TRU to get back to collecting again. I picked up Anakin's Podracer for $7.98, 12" Electronic Darth Maul and Jar Jar Binks for $4.97 each and Ellors Madak for $7.99 (which is steep when compared to the other things I bought, but it's a cool fig).
  15. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Not really a collectible, but I bought issue #56 of the Star Wars Insider. It's the one with the dual cover (Qui-Gon and Obi in the waterfall on one side, Jay and Silent Bob on the other). Too bad they didn't have issue #57.
  16. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    On Saturday, I found the Bacta Tank Luke at KMart. They also had the shirtless Maul, didn't get it, but now I'm considering picking that one up. I don't really like EU figures, but this one did look sharp, with a unique-looking accessory. I'm waiting on the new Leia and Amanaman, more than the first two!
  17. obi_john Jedi Knight

star 1
    I picked up the POTJ TIE Interceptor at Toys R Us. I haven't gotten any ships but this is one I really liked.

John
  18. Intercept Jedi Padawan

12" Luke on Speeder Bike
    Shirtless Darth Maul
    Luke in Bacta

Found Dagobah Vader & Darth Maul:Final Duel on clearance and picked up an extra of each.

12" Tie Fighter Pilot

I was given the Anakin, Maul, & Jar Jar face puzzle thingies as a gift that someone found on clearance for a buck a piece.

The round clear figure stands from the Official Site...I really like them and will be getting more, providing the site actually has them the next time I log on.

Seems like I picked up some other older stuff since the last time I posted, but I couldn't really say what exactly.

Non Star Wars related I picked up the 'Sting' replica sword from LOTR and it is a very nice collectible, sharp too. A little pricey but worth it if you're into swords or LOTR merchandise. Also picked up the 4 orc 1/4 cast helmets, nice collectibles and well worth the $10 price tag.
  19. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    I got the Bacta tank Luke a couple days ago, nothin really major though.
  20. IrishThunder Jedi Knight

star 3
    The newest thing I've gotten was, well my girlfriend decided to give me one of my christmas presents early, so she handed me this box. I was like cool. I opened the box and there where 5 vintage carded figs. She'd gotten me Cheif Chirpa, Paploo, Logray and a Jawa on ROTJ and an ATAT Commander on Empire card. It wasn't too much of a surprise since i helped her snipe them on ebay, but I was surprised because she said that wasn't my "big" christmas present. The newest thing I've bought was the new Han sculpt with the stormtrooper belt and the new Luke X-Wing sculpt. Other new things:

Teaser Poster
    Shmi Skywalker
    ATAT Driver with slide
    Anikan Skywalker with flashback thing
  21. mjskywalk Jedi Knight

star 1
    I stopped at a used bookstore in Boulder, Co and I got the 3 Scholastic movie books and a poster book for ESB. But more importantly I got a book called A guide to the Star Wars Universe from 1984 and (!) a Star Wars word study book called "Attack on Reading" from 1980. Never been written in and in almost perfect condition!
    Needless to say, one of my better days.
  22. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Lets see, Picked up a few things today. I got the Darth Maul with training droid ( the Latest Deluxe model thing), Two old Micro machine playsets (got those for 1.97 a piece,) and the rare Tie Intercepter. So I think I did pretty well.
  23. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, its christmas time so i gfuess im finnally finding stuff i need when i shouldn't be buying it. but anyway, got the Darth maul sith apprintise from the POTJ line. Also found some older figures, got 2-1B and Bossk today, going back tomorrow and seeing what else I need is there,.
  24. mjskywalk Jedi Knight

star 1
    Today I went to electronics Boutique and picked up 4 new figures.
    -Rebel Trooper
    -Queen Amidala (royal decoy)
    -Imperial Officer
    -FX-7 (medical droid)
  25. Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm getting back into the Young Jedi (Episode I) card game.... I'm gonna get some packs to expand my deck, it's just too awesome of a game to just put away in my closet forever.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.