main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You are of Bajor" A 'Trek' to 'Deep Space Nine'

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Duck, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    But wasn't Marcet on the cover of one of the Avatar mini series?

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    If there was anyone who was annoying, it was Kai Wynn. Call Kira 'child' one more time. I dare you.

Sarge and dp4m like this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Even Kai Winn was a really awesomely written character. She was ambitious, powerful, religious, all-consuming and not totally a monster (even in Season 7).

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Idk having someone blow up a school is pretty bad IMO. Some taliban **** right there.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I thought she wasn't directly related, just instigating the "Non-Bajorans Go Home" sentiments by the "Bajor First!" movements?

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I thought Kai Ratched was annoying. Maybe it was just her acting style or that her characterization seemed inconsistent. I gotta re-watch the series again (hoping for a BD release after TNG is done).

DS9 and TNG both went downhill in their seventh seasons, but I'd say TNG's series finale is better. I never liked the pah-wraith stuff and it seemed shoe-horned in to give Sisko something to do as Emissary. And what happened to Dukat's character in season seven was a travesty. And I hate that Terry Farrell didn't stick it out for another season and left for some long-forgotten show. Ezri was fine, but it was so late in the game and messed up so many arcs and characters.

Souderwan likes this.
  7. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I loved TNG's season finale. I can't think of a single series finale I prefer. I think that was part of the reason I was so extraordinarily disappointed in DS9's finale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Babylon 5 had a better series finale only because it was the end of a planned plot. I agree with you, generally, about All Good Things... basically being untoppable for the most part, otherwise...

Souderwan likes this.
  9. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    She pretty much egged on the woman who blew it up to blow it up.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Well, of course... but that doesn't make her culpable in the same way as if she'd done / planned it herself... ;)

11. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I still need to watch Babylon 5...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I think mavjade and I should head down and marathon with you and e_sp!

mavjade likes this.
  13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I've been meaning to watch B5 too. It was streaming on Netflix years ago, and I've been hoping it would pop up again on there or on Amazon or Hulu.

14. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Absolutely! I'll prep the guest bedroom!!

mavjade likes this.
  15. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    No, but it does make her a monster ;)

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, absolutely- I thought you were the one who vanished!

When SFAF merged with Amp and JCC, I decided to stop cross-posting the reviews in both their separate SFAF threads and the original project thread in Amp (and the JCC general Trek thread) and to simply post them only in the original project thread.

And I damn well could have sworn I posted a note here and in PM with you and some of the regulars from the single threads about that redirect- but I don't see it anywhere. So, if you were only watching this thread, you wouldn't have seen those updates.

So, for that- my apologies! I clearly got something mixed up or overlooked in the mergings and board-switching.

From where my reviews left off in this thread, they pick up, roughly, in this post in that thread (though there's some post clipping initially, that goes away quickly with the next update). The most recent update was posted in Oct and involves the DS9 Season 5 finale and pre-Scorpion Season 3 VOY.

In my viewing, I'm actually about halfway through Season 6 and Season 4 of each show and have a few updates almost prepped for posting (just started picking up my viewing a couple weeks ago).

17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Before or after Waltz Quest?

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was much too young when this show debuted even though I watched a lot of TNG and VOY. I've always wanted to watch this on Netflix, but the mixed reception is a little disheartening.

19. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Assuming you are talking about DS9... This show is somewhat dull to me, but it's okay to watch while one's doing something else.
    The first two seasons:
    Good:
    It had a cool concept of a space station on the edge of a worm hole

Bad:
    I cannot stand Avery Brooks' acting or his character. He never is troubled by anything, and it feels like someone is behind the camera saying, "Okay, now you're angry. Show me anger."
    The show is always so visually dark. I swear my eyes get strained when I watch this.

Then, in Season 3 it got incredibly boring. There was nobody I really liked, beside O'Brien, and he played a small roll. In TNG, you had plenty of good characters, Data, Picard, even Riker was okay. So, I decided to skip to season 7, and there was a war on. This seemed cool. So I backed up a season, and saw there was a different war. Then I backed all the way up to season 4, and I am still on it, and I've skipped five consecutive episodes, due to low levels of entertainment.

Volderon likes this.
  20. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I'm a TNG fan first and foremost but yes, in the later seasons it became the Data and Picard Show. All Good Things...was really good though.

And to the poster above, I agree with you on Avery Brook. He wasn't very good, he also paused after. Every. Word. When. He. Was. Angry!

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Anyone who doesn't like Avery Brooks a) doesn't have a soul and b) doesn't like acting and c) doesn't like talent and d) hates puppies and e) wonders why Picard never hit him...

22. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    He was fine in some episodes but he can't compete with a Shakespearean actor like Patrick Stewart.

CommanderDrenn likes this.
  23. CommanderDrenn

Oct 19, 2013
    Puppies are overrated. He just annoyed me, also, right off the bat, when he disliked Picard.
    Dang, I guess I have no soul, too.

(just joking around here, not trying to start a flame war or anything of the sort)

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

No, it's cool -- but just curious, you understand why he disliked Picard right off the bat, yes? As well as why they were able to patch up at the beginning of the pilot?

25. CommanderDrenn

Oct 19, 2013
    Because Picard became Locutos, (or however you spell it) and was the cause of his wife's death, IIRC. It's been a year or so since I watched it, though. Maybe I'll go watch it again, soon.