main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Are So Strange (Snapshots w/Original Characters)--COMPLETED! (11/29)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Joon, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Joon

Jedi_Joon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2001
    This is the last one!
    Thank you guys for reading this! I really enjoyed writing it and loved doing it even more knowing people were reading. Thanks a bunch!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    SNAPSHOT FOUR: ?Calling it a Sick Day..."

There were days when Damaeo wished his head would just explode. He felt that way more often when he got sick. And since he was currently in the midst of battling Tacian flu, Damaeo would have kissed the feet of the person kind enough to just kill him and end his misery. He had stumbled into the infirmary after waking up feeling like a speeder had used him as a bumper. After examining him, a healer had immediately ordered him to be quarantined. Tacian flu was horribly contagious. The redheaded Master's innocent trip to the infirmary, ended in him infecting a few healers and even a few innocent wayward patients. An-Paj, in his haste to get Damaeo quarantined, simply sealed him to his own quarters.

?Take fluids and follow the instructions on the medication and you?ll be up and about in no time,? assured the healer, all the while staying a good ten feet away from the dangerously wavering Master as he stumbled into his quarters. ?No one must come in contact with you.?

?Neela?s staying with Master Soov until I get better,? Damaeo tried to communicate. It was difficult as he could barely force his own tongue to work.

An-Paj only smiled, not that Damaeo could see it from the distance that separated them. ?Good. Call us if you need anything. We?ll be able to make special arrangements if something drastic happens.?

?Drastic??

?I?m not much of a wordsmith,? replied the blue healer, watching the redhead fall onto the nearest couch.

?Sorry for infecting your patients,? came a regretful mutter.

?Oh, Padawan Kenobi has suffered worse than Tacian flu,? assured An-Paj cheerfully before closing and sealing the door to Damaeo?s quarters.

Time sort of meshed in Damaeo?s fevered mind. Every once in awhile, he thought to get up and actually try and make it to bed but the thought of movement did not sit well with his body. His skin felt overly sensitive, even his breathing caused shifting on his clothes and sent tiny pinpricks of pain over his body. The Jedi Master was working his energy to try and at least turn over as his left side was growing numb. He hated to be much of a bother to An-Paj, especially after infecting part of his staff and patients but he began to see how his condition could be labeled as drastic. In the least, insufferable.

The apartment was horrifically empty with the absence of Neela's presence. The padawan had periodically sent messages to Damaeo through their bond, asking with great concern how he was feeling. But after a time, she stopped, allowing her master to get some rest. Staring up at the ceiling now with glazed eyes, Damaeo felt the gravity of being alone by tenfold. Despite being sicker than he could remember in recent years, he wouldn't have minded having someone here to just be around him.

A small shuffling sound suddenly broke the drowning silence. Startled, the redhead attempted to lift himself from his couch to see what it was and succeeded in landing in an inelegant heap on the floor.

"Oh, for crying out loud!" exclaimed an unseen voice. It sounded strangely familiar to Damaeo but the Jedi Master had begun to wonder if perhaps he was hallucinating. When a face filtered into his watery vision, Damaeo was sure he was now hallucinating.

"Lewix?"

"What are you trying to do? Get a broken arm on top of everything else?" asked the wry Jedi.

"What? When d'you get in here? Am I having some...dream?"

Damaeo felt someone take him around the shoulders and help him back on the couch. "You were sleeping when I came in. I was getting your medication ready when I heard you do that nice swan dive," spoke Lewix.

"Oh," replied Damaeo, feeling doubly foolish and confused. A cool hand pressed against his forehead. It felt really nice as it felt like his head was at the same core temperature as the Bakaran Deserts.

"Yeah, you need to take your me

2. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Aw, it's over? :(

But thanks for the awesome last post! It was another great one that was a good balance of angst and humor. I'm kind of sad to know the fate of Damaeo in "The Wrong Reason" but here's hoping for a happy ending for Lewix and Neela!

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Here, wait a minute, you can't kill Damaeo off after four measly posts. That's criminal! Come on, write some more snapshots. I really enjoyed these, especially the banter between the good friends and the way Lewix was complaining about that Kenobi kid, and how he knew An-Paj's code, and -- everything. I'm hoping for a happy ending for Lewix and Neela, too, but there's plenty of scope for snapshots like these!

4. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Woohooo! Really loved this series of small snapshots! I'm with Jane, you HAVE to do more! *grin* :)

5. Jedi_Joon

Jedi_Joon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2001
    Thanks Jane and Jemmiah! :)

Well, as much as it would be fun to put up a couple more posts to fill in the gap of time I left between when Damaeo and Lewix began to really become friends, I'll have to refrain so I can finish my other thread.

Indeed, poor Damaeo whom I killed off first in my first thread and brought him back for this one. Sadly, he can only live on in the memories of his best friend Lewix Winchard and his padawan Neela Halcouri.

Thanks again to everyone who read this thread and did the kind job of replying and making this author feel good!

--Joon

6. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    JJ-

I think you need to take a hint from HAL. You should feel free to have up to 5 threads going at the same time, leaving people hanging in each one.

I love these characters. I hope you continue to write about them!!!

7. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    *Applause echoes throughout the thread*

Nice!!! :)

x Clare x

8. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    See Joon?? You SHOULD write more snapshots! I really do think that Damaeo is one of the best characters you've created and its really a shame to have him die before we barely got to know him.

I vote you do another snapshots thread. There's like a six year gap in between snapshots one and two so I think some filling in would be in order. Do it! Do it!!
    Begging here...

9. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Right, I warned ya Joonie!

Everyone, Joon has FOUR snapshots that were supposed to have beenn the original four for this thread but she decided on these instead. I vote she do another snapshots thread w/those four.

I know you have them Joon! I've seen them on your computer and they are GOOD. Post them, gosh darnit!!! The secret is out that you have more snapshots so now you have to post them! :) :)

--HAL (who is being incredibly cruel to her co-author)

10. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Wow, Joon, these were superb! Their first meeting was excellent. In fact, all the situations seem 'real'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.