You be the judge of this awesome movie. Vote here on what you thought of this wonderful movie!!!

Discussion in 'Houston, TX' started by Vadersnoghri, May 16, 2002.

?

You be the judge of this awesome movie. Vote here on what you thought of this wonderful movie!!!

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
3 and under stars 0 vote(s) 0.0%
4- 5 stars 0 vote(s) 0.0%
6-8 stars 0 vote(s) 0.0%
9 stars 4 vote(s) 14.3%
10 stars 14 vote(s) 50.0%
Or is it your favorite Star Wars Film? 10 vote(s) 35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vadersnoghri Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes I agree with you perfectly. I go into each one just looking to enjoy the movie. I had fun from the beginning to the end, even on my 6th showing. I just cant help but enjoy it from when Anakin is sweating before the first meeting with Padme, to seeing Dex, to the viceroy wanting the Senater's head on his desk, to 3po calling r2d2 an idiot, Mace saying this party is over, Anakin with 2 sabers, Yoda kicking some serious but, and yes i totally enjoyed the imperial march going on when the clone army is deployed on Coruscant, etc....(I could go on forever). Each part of the movie, I totally enjoyed. By the way did you notice the name of the waitrees at the Diner is Flo(from Alice). Every time I go I see something different(last time I saw George Lucas' daughter checking out Hayden,lol) I mean, I dont go to a movie, but just to enjoy it, and AOTC hit on all cylinders. I cant wait till I see it tomorrow with my brother, and then at night again. (That should be 8 times opening weekend, only 2 more to go to hit my goal.) And I agree with something I read earlier, each trilogy does have a different feel to it. Like Ob1 said in a New Hope, the Empire is the Dark Times. So, when Episode 3 comes out I will be there again.

Vadersnoghri

Wars not make one great- Yoda(ESB)
  2. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    last time I saw George Lucas' daughter checking out Hayden

[face_laugh] I die every time I see that. It cracks me up!

I love, love, LOVE this movie! I will have seen it 6 times by Monday, and I'll still be aching for more.

Like you said, Charles, I could go on forever about it. There is so much to love, so much to contemplate over, and so much to talk about.

Besides the outstanding acting, I can't get over how much these characters have grown and how they have become the characters we'll know them to be. Hayden couldn't be more perfect as Anakin. I've expressed that many times before. His ability to show that terrifying anger side yet still allow us to love him as a compassionate human being is incredible. Many people think his acting is flat. I think it is exactly the opposite. I think he's playing the perfect part of a rebellious, anxious, yet (somewhat) obedient young Padawan. He accomplished the role perfectly.

And Ewan McGregor is Obi-Wan Kenobi. His character in AOTC is sooo much different than that in TPM. He has evolved into the Obi-Wan we know.

In the scene right before Anakin and Obi-Wan go into the bar: "Patience, use the force...try not to lose it this time. This weapon is your life." Oh my gosh! He looks, acts and sounds exactly like Alec in ANH. It's nothing short of amazing.

I can't wait to see it again.
  3. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    This movie also helps tie TPM into the OT. Before seeing AOTC, Star Wars was the Holy Trilogy + TPM. Although I knew how everything would eventually turn out, the events of Episode I seemed so distant from the rest of the story that it seemed out of place, but the events in AOTC really help to integrate TPM into the overall saga.

I cannot get enough of this movie.
  4. Vadersnoghri Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree. I cant wait till I see it again. Laura, you are so right when you talk about Hayden's acting. I know what it is like to lose parents, and when I see him lose his mother, I remember feeling that way(no I did not kill a group of people), and I can relate to when he was at the funeral for his mother, I have said words very close to that, and it touched me.
    Everyone rocked in this movie, another scene was when Jango meets Ob1 in his quarters. I mean this movie was awesome.
    I cant wait till tomorrow, till I see it again.
    We would be honored if you join us-Darth Vader(ESB)
  5. crystala Jedi Knight

star 1
    I finally got a chance to see AOTC tonight and I'm like so massively hyped up. I definately will have alot of trouble going to sleep tonight..if I manage to fall asleep. Oh man..that movie rocked!!!!!!!!

When yoda started fighting, I was like hell YES!!!! and the final scene oh my god and the music and special effects totally rocked and..and.. That movie was so kick a$$!!!! I don't think there is anything that I can truly say that would give justice to how great that movie is and the total rush I am experiencing right now from seeing it!

6. BabyPadme Jedi Knight

star 1
    im glad you had fun....did you happen to notice how blurry the screen was? or was it just me and chad?
  7. Vadersnoghri Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am so glad that you enjoyed it. I was the same way when I first saw it. I still cant believe how good it was. May the Force be with you.
  8. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    I just got home from seeing it on screen 7 at Gulf Pointe. Whatever you do, avoid this at all costs. Not only was it blurry at times, but there is some dent/scratch/gash or whatever in the middle of the screen...very distracting. And there was a green line down the movie the whole time.

Otherwise, I still love the movie more than ever. :)

Well, it's official. My older brother loved the movie. I was waiting on his non-SW obsessed opinion. He reminded me before the movie began that he was watching SW before I was born (Of course...not too long before ;) ). And he didn't care for TPM. But, he (and the other 12 people we were with) thought the movie was awesome, up there with the CT.

So, now it's been confirmed that this movie wasn't just incredible because I am biased. It's incredible simply because it's incredible. :D
  9. fanboy98 Jedi Padawan

OK here is my minority report.

Well i had fun while watching the movie but a lot of that was due to the environment and anticipation. The midnight crowd was awesome and really enhanced the experience for me. The movie itself was a mixed bag. About the same as Jedi and Menace. Lots of good, some bad. Nowhere near as consistently good as the first two. This was my gut reaction after the movie. My friend who loved it said I was being too critical and overanalyzing everything. So I watched it again the next day. Same reaction.

Now I realize everyone has different tastes. I am not trying to persuade anyone from liking it; just offering a different opinion.

I think it was right around the midpoint of that gladiator action piece when I realized that I was not having as much fun as I should considering what was on the screen. First, those droids are just not at all threatening. "Roger roger". The urgency and gravity of scenes like Leai and company escaping Bespin or the shootout in the corridor in ANH, although not as grand in scope, are more emotionally involving and exciting to me. I have more invested in the characters. Here it seems so much is happening at any given moment that I felt like I was merely watching the action, rather than being a part of it. Not as visceral.

There's no order or clarity to be found here - just a bunch of laser-beams flying all over the place. Yes, many people will be enthralled by this
    overabundance of "things" happening, but I would give anything to receive
    another Battle on Hoth. There one could follow the proceedings of the battle, and
    the film always kept Luke at the focus of our attention. There's a better build up and climax to the action

Another problem was threepio. Way too many bad lines that diffused the tension. There's a big difference between "Help! I think I'm melting" and "Help I've fallen and I can't get up" or some variation about a dozen times

A lot of people talk about the characters sounding stiff because they are supposed to be dignified figures. Well I think several of the Lord of the Rings characters spoke the same type of dialogue but seemed so much more interesting to me. Legolas in particular.

The general consensus is that this movie is a big improvement on the last. Well, although I personally enjoyed this one better, I also realize that the last one was more of a kid's movie, a demographic of which I am not a part of. And as a kid's movie the Phantom Menace is more successful than AOTC is as a romance.

Again, I still enjoyed it and consider it better than most summer popcorn blockbusters. The abundance of references to everything we know already was cool, as was the overall plot. The bittersweet ending was cool as hell. The new environments were mindblowingly detailed. So yea there were the same joys that come with every Star Wars movie but the magic that defined the first two entries was again somewhat lacking for me
  10. crystala Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't think it was blurry, but then again if I'm watching a really good movie I get so sucked in that a tornado could be going on right next to me and I wouldn't notice it :)
  11. infamous Jedi Youngling

star 1
    My favorite part is when Palpatine and the senate were on the balcony looking over all the clones towards the end of the movie.It shows that he is pleased with the clone army.Also he looks like and emperor looking over his Empire!
  12. goldbubbly Jedi Master

star 4
    that was my favorite part too infamous :D

EDIT: to expand on my comment ;)

the imperial march being played and all realllly spooked me out, it was SO powerful...i was stunned.
  13. infamous Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sorry about earlier with all that mess on the board Bubbly.
  14. goldbubbly Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Thanks for cooperating, everyone!!!! :D

We're all fans. Misunderstandings do happen.

We're fine, we're all fine here. How are you?

You can go about your business. Move along. Move along.

;)
  16. infamous Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey Goldbubbly you went to the scifi expo all three days? If you did I was the mexican with a big gold chain around my neck and tattoos all over my arms holding a Count Dooku lightsaber. Friday I was wearing all red, saturday I was wearing a Darth Maul shirt with tribal designs all over it. I met Bebo_Lokk sunday and he's a pretty cool.His Jango Fett costume was the best out there!
  17. Vadersnoghri Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool, I am glad that we are all getting along, after all we have one main thing in common: Star Wars!!!

I have to agree, when Palpatine is looking over his Clone Army, and we hear that awesome Imperial March, I just get chills. That is one of my favorite scenes from the movie. I just loved the dark side of the movie. By the way did anyone notice that maybe Yoda knows that Palpatine is on the Dark Side?

Episode 3 is going to ROCK!!! I just love Star Wars.
  18. JessicaKS Jedi Padawan

Saw AOTC again today. This time I went to the Edwards theater over by the Compac Center. It gets better each time! I have caught some of the "easter eggs" -- the Falcons, Lucas's daughter, AB & AD in the nightclub. My favorite part has to be the banter between Anakin and OB1.

I watched the Mark Hamill biography on A&E tonight and that inspired me to take out A New Hope and watch it again. Can I say that the prequels (especially AOTC) make watching the orginal movies all the more exciting? The scene where Vader kills OB1 is just chilling.

Good news -- I have an interview in Austin on Thursday, so keep your fingers crossed for me! I will most likely be at the big bash on Saturday. Look forward to seeing everyone again and to meeting new people.

--Jessica
  19. Vadersnoghri Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool, I will keep my fingers crossed for you, as I am sure everyone else will. Good Luck, and May the Force be with You!!!
  20. MOJOFRAVIN Jedi Padawan

this movie is the best to date as far a s i'm concerned the final battle scences , blow empire away.. as for all the critics they can take there mothers to see "about a boy" i' i'm taking mine to see atack of the clones!!!! it's perfect late mother's day gift, or early christmas the gift of star wars whooaaaa!!!!! ps i roared like chewbacca wehn i saw it and evreyone went wild!!!
  21. JEDIKNIGHT01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes Master Mojo, I admit Empire has been replaced as my favorite SW movie. Everything was superb in it. Not too much of anything and just enough to get you ready for EPIII. I have seen AOTC 4 times now and I have a personal goal of 10. Can't wait till #5. Maybe one of these 10 will be with some other SW fans. What say you Master Mojo?

Master Cris-Le-Calis
  22. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    I love the movie, but it is not as good as Empire. It does not have the emotional punch that Episode V does, although it does have several very strong emotional moments.

Good luck with the interview.
  23. JEDIKNIGHT01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Honestly though all of the movies to date are the best. I am sure once EPIII hits it will be one long movie instead 6. Atleast that is how I will view it.
    Just think, one day you sit down and BAM all day SW marathon. Can you dig it.....

Master Cris-Le-Calis
  24. bebo_lokk Jedi Knight

star 2
  25. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    I already consider the OT to be one movie. I rarely watch one of them without watching all. I know I will watch all six in a row as soon as Episode III is available on DVD.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.