main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Can Be the Writer

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by jMo_Skywalker, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Are there any movie lines out there that rub you the wrong way every time you hear it? If you had the power, what would you change this line to? Any line from any movie is acceptable so have fun with it just give a reason why you want to change it. Since we are on a SW server, I figured I'd start us off with a line from AotC.
    Original Line: "Obviously this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the force, but by our skills with a lightsaber." Count Dooku
    My Edit: "Obviously this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the force."- just leave it at that and egnite your lightsaber. I think it would be more powerful. Have fun everyone!

2. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    That's funny, jSkywalker, my little brother has a real problem with that line, too. It drives him crazy. Too obvious, like a cartoon. And I agree.

"I rather be his whore than your wife" from Titanic. I *hated* that line. Actually, I wasn't insane about the whole film, but I found that line especially grating.

I'm sure there are plenty from SW, too, but I can't think of any off the top of my head at the moment.

3. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    'I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating. And it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything's soft... and smooth.'

God help us.

Now I'm no George Lucas but that line is terrible.

I'd change it to;

'I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough. And it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything's ... perfect.'

Now, granted I'd rather get rid of the entire line but I think my version smells of a little less cheese.

4. Lord_Ludicrous

Lord_Ludicrous Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2003
    "YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Need I say more?

:D

5. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    But how would do it better?

6. bobtheman

bobtheman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    I am the writer.
    expect me in three to four years.

7. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? Same thing happens to everything else."

- shivers -

Change it to:

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? It croaks."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.