You can hear Vader breathe...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mount, NC' started by Lodreh, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh Jedi Master

star 4
    What can I say about 2003? X2 stormed Box Offices... Star Wars Galaxies launched... Pirates of the Caribbean stole the show... Blue Milk was procured... Indiana Jones found DvDs... Clone Wars cartoon rocked... Return of the King was celebrated... We have had some great times.

I started this thread to reminisce over the past year before the New Year's first light out shines these memories... here I am raising a Blue Milk for next year but I'll leave you with this classic Fan Force moment.

A Wednesday like any other I stroll into Jimmy's Shop. The fumes of Death Sticks catches me at the door and I see Jimmy laughing at our fearful leader. Not to be dissuade I walk in curious to the commotion. Jimmy looks at me and says the five words I'll never forget... "You can hear Vader breathe." Slightly chuckling I knew what had transpired.

In galaxy far, far away... Riff and myself were hunting the previous night outside the Emperor's private retreat. During the fight a chill went down our spines as Vader's breathing haunted our ears. The experience was breathtaking for a couple of covert rebels but nevertheless, Jimmy had managed to laugh at our plight. At that moment I understood... those that did not get into character and play would never have the exhilaration of running from the compound knowing Vader was out to get you.

/raises his glass to the next adventure!

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  2. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    You can hear Vader breathe at the end of the Meco disco version of The Empire Strikes Back, as well.

You omitted that 2003 saw the release of a new Hasbro Wampa.

Daredevil the movie was also released. And yes, Pirates of the Carribean was the movie highlight!
  3. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    But you gotta admit Joe, that was one WEAK version of Vader in that song. :)
  4. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    probably the worst ever.... even Spaceballs did it better... but oh well..
  5. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    By the way, hope you had a merry Christmas Lodreh and yes, 2003 was a memorable year. But there is one reason why I am looking forward to 04: I will be able to say "when Episode III comes out NEXT YEAR!"

Spaceballs. You gotta love Dark Helmet. :)
  6. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Lodreh loves him some Rick Moranis....

(actually I have no idea. I can't back that up...)
  7. Lodreh Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually I had quite a wonderful Christmas. I drank lots of... Hot Cocoa... got Highlander Season One on DvD, the Meaning of Life DvD, Pirates DvD, an awesome Gambit figure, Secret Ceremony Padme figure, M&M's (the candy not the figure), the Dragonomicon (D&D source book) and a couple of other things (like a Holo from the Devs... err, the SWG crowd will know)... but I think the most fun was the feeling like I was playing hooky from work.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  8. Lodreh Jedi Master

star 4
    And yes Joe-Da I like Spaceballs... though my favorite part is watching Rick Moranis flying head first into the wall near the beginning... I still chuckle at that [face_laugh].

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  9. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    LOL! Yeah, I still get the "you can hear Vader breathe" every time I go in the store. :) It has been a good year, and I think it will just get better next year! We gotta drag Eddie-wan to some of these parties we have been having, so he can get some blue milk! :D
  10. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    "I cant BREATHE in this thing!!" Love that line.
  11. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Even better... go scuba diving. :) When you put that regulator in your mouth, and go underwater, Vader is ALL you can think about, hehehehe...
  12. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    I was going to comment, but ******SPOILERS***** prevent me.... dagnabbit..
  13. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Joe-da, J9 is going to beat you with a spoon if you arent careful. :)
  14. Lodreh Jedi Master

star 4
    SPOON!

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  15. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
  16. Lodreh Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes it was the Tick... I can see them making a live action Tick movie... Jay Leno would be ideal for the lead.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  17. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Only for his chin, lol. :) The rest of him would have to be CGI'd. ;)
  18. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, since posting your winnings seems to be all the rage, here's what I got for Christmas..

The Pirates of the Caribbean DVD
    Firefly Season 1 DVD (which rocks btw)
    A couple of shirts
    The War of Souls trilogy
    A nice leather-bound Bible
    A book about Pirates
    A book about Boats
    A Spyglass (courtesy of a Wal-Mart gift card)
  19. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Going to have to pay you a visit and check out that Firefly DVD with ya. Sounds interesting.
  20. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    So far, I've watched everything by the special features. Can't wait to check out the gag real.
  21. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Firefly, Zartan, Destro, Scrap-Iron - I love all those guys..... (snicker, snicker)
  22. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I also got the extended version of The Two Towers. Can't forget about that. :)
  23. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    but you obviously did
  24. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    You got The Life of Brian, too. :)
  25. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    he IS the life of Brian...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.