main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Can Never Go Home - A Jedi Apprentice Story/AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Renton Kenobi, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    You Can Never Go Home - JA AU
    By Renton Kenobi

Disclaimer: You know who owns Star Wars, we all do. The title comes from the Two Towers soundtrack, lyrics are by Howard Shore and Fran Walsh, no copyright infringement intended there either.

Summary: After missing for two years, a changed Obi-Wan comes back to his home. But will he be able to escape the demons that has haunted him for the past two years?

Dedication: To everyone here that puts up with me! :) I promise that I WILL finish this story. ^^

Author's Note: This used to be called "A Song For Obi-Wan," but I decided to redo it and call it something else.

Rating: PG-13

Two years ago...

"Master!" Jedi Apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi yelled to his master over the blaster-fire as the two Jedi tried to make it back to their ship after a trade negotiation went terribly awry. "We can't go on like this forever!" Qui-Gon nodded, with no time to say anything they both quickened their pace to the shuttle where they planned to make their escape. They had reached the loading ramp when more Corillean militants came from the streets and surrounded the two Jedi.

Trying to asses the situation, Qui-Gon thought of their choices which he was realizing was quickly becoming slim to none. It was two against at least four-dozen, it wasn't as if they have had bad odds before but the fact that they didn't have any allies on this planet was making the odds shift away from their favor.

As the two Jedi deflected the blaster shots they reign of fire suddenly halted. Obi-Wan gave his master a weary look, what were the militants doing? Suddenly deciding it was okay for them to leave? But as soon as he asked himself that question a considerably large man came out of the crowd and addressed the two Jedi.

"I am General Den, as leader of this army I cannot allow you to leave after your betrayal of us!" The general told the two, sizing them up as he walked around the two men. "Coming to our planet, pretending to be on our side...it is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen!" Walking in front of Obi-Wan and staring at him with cold black eyes he said, "however Jedi are but just the messenger. So I am willing to make a compromise with you two, if you do me a favor."

"What's that?" Obi-Wan said.

But as soon as Obi-Wan asked that question Qui-Gon Jinn saw his entire life rip to shreds in front of him. The general pulled a blaster out of his holster and shot his apprentice point blank in the head. Qui-Gon's body was in motion before the general put back his blaster and Qui-Gon had Obi-Wan in his arms before he touched the ground.

"Send a message to your council that acts like those of yours will not go unnoticed." The General sneered at the Jedi Master holding his beloved student as one of the General's men came from behind him and knocked him out cold.

Sitting up straight in a cot, Qui-Gon Jinn felt to large hands trying to push him down. "Qui-Gon take it easy, you have a very large bump on your head." Looking for the voice Qui-Gon found that it was none other than Jedi Master Mace Windu with a look of great concern on his face.

"Where am I?"

"You're back at the Jedi Temple." Mace told him quietly as to not disturb the other patients in the healers ward. Checking Qui-Gon's head he added, "you were found literally on our doorstep unconscious with a note telling us why you were this way by the Corillean militants who did this."

"And Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon asked, daring to hope that by some miracle his apprentice survived the ordeal. But the look on Mace Windu's face confirmed the awful news to him.

"I'm sorry friend," Mace shook his head sadly, "but there has been no sign of Padawan Kenobi. I'm afraid he is gone from us forever...

Present day...

Qui-Gon Jinn sat quietly on the sofa in his living quarters that he had once shared with his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi. But after the events of two years ago, Qui-Gon has found himself living the life of a reclusive Master once more. Staring blankly at the holonet, Qui-Gon couldn't

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    So shall I continue??

You bloddy well better!! My heart is a mess right now, oh the angst! Poor Qui!

Continue this now!!

3. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Well thank you, I would continue this now but alas I have class! :D I'll post as much as I can today because I'm heading off for spring break and unless I can find a computer in that time I won't be able to post next week.

4. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    As kind of a "interlude," here is the lyrics of the song I got the idea for this from.

Where once was light
    Now darkness falls
    Where once was love
    Love is no more
    Don't say good-bye
    Don't say I didn't try
    These tears we cry
    Of falling rain
    For all the lies you told us
    The hurt, the blame
    And we will wait to be so alone
    We are lost
    We can never go home
    So in the end
    I'll be what I will be
    No loyal friend was ever there for me
    Now we say good-bye
    We say you didn't try
    These tears you cry
    Have come too late
    Take back the lies
    The hurt, the blame
    And you will wait when you've face the end alone
    You are lost
    You can never go home
    You are lost
    You can never go home

5. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    up :) 7

6. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    You bad, bad person. What did you do to my Obi-Wan? [face_plain] How could you even contemplate NOT continuing this story?

Aunecah

7. Emma_Kenobi

Emma_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2003
    This sounds interesting! Are you going to continue?! Please do! Can't wait for more.

8. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.