main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends You Can Run But You Can't Hide (New little postie 01/07/05)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HaiGan, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I keep forgetting just how entertaining and engrossing this story is. All your characters are painted so vividly: it's really easy to visualise them. I always loved the sense that Barin and Thom are destined to end up as master and padawan, and Thom's efforts to check up on Barin were typically daring! Loved Simeon's 'not good' joke book - that sounds like him. And poor Dan-Lo! Grrr...Brick sounds like he's in dire need of a good un-jedi like smack in the mouth! Liked the banter between An-Paj and Thom. Now, for Thom's punishment...

Post when you can! :)

2. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Sorry, I've been out of the loop with PC problems.

Reading this story always put a huge smile on my face... I just love the characters and your style of writing Hai Gan! An-Paj certainly worked his way around Thom to find out what was happening. And I liked the little tweaks you'd made to the post from the original one.

More soon please!

3. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Woohoo! It's gone over the 100 post mark!

SarkaVrae, this should help answer the question about whether Dan-Lo is okay.

Leona, yes, looks like Thom may have found another recruit for his campaign. ;)

dianethx, I'm glad the writing of the careful questioning at the start seemed to work okay.

Tanith... as for Thom's jokes when he's older, well, I guess I'll just have to write some of them sometime!

Mystragurl and Jemmiah- here you go, another post!

edit: Calam! I missed your post. How nice to see you!

"Now then." The Healer that Simeon had called Hauyne walked briskly into the Master Healer's office. "Thom, wasn't it?"

Master An regarded the man with an expression of friendly disapproval. "Gehlen, I seem to remember telling you to take the day off. Nice to see you still respect my orders."

Hauyne gave a smile, but it looked tired to Thom. "You know me: stick a case under my nose, I deal with it. Okay, kid," he went on, turning to the initiate. Thom waited, holding his breath. "We got your friend fixed up, but he's going to be in here for a while. You got yourself a nice necklace there," he added, with a frown.

Thom gave a long sigh, comprised of relief for Dan-Lo and annoyance at having to tell the story of his bruises yet again. "I had an argument with a padawan and yes his Master knows about it and yes I did have a bacta patch on and no I don't need another one thanks."

"And that sorts me out," Hauyne said with amusement. "Mind if I ask you a few questions about what happened to your friend Dan?"

Thom shook his head, willing to help in any way he could. "Is he really okay?"

"As okay as he's going to be for a bit with a fractured skull, a stinker of a broken arm, and concussion to boot. Don't worry, he'll be fine in a week or so. Give him a few days and he'll be driving everybody up the wall wanting to get out of bed."

Thom scraped up a grin for the unfamiliar Healer. "Dan's house-trained. It's Chersh coming to visit him you need to worry about."

"Chersh?" Hauyne asked.

"He's Corellian," said Thom, not needing to give any further explanation.

"Oh kest," Hauyne commented, with feeling.

Thom nodded. "Yup."

"If I can get a word in edgeways," interrupted Master An, "I think I need to catch up on this. Thom, you were in here in the first place because your friend was hurt? Not simply because you had some- ahem- detective work to do?"

"Uh-huh. I found him lying at the bottom of the stairs." Thom gulped at the memory. He was going to remember that sight for a long time.

"In the West Section?" asked Hauyne. Thom reluctantly nodded again, anticipating what would come next.

"The West Section is closed. What were you doing in there, young man?" Master An asked. "Just 'looking for your friend'?"

"Uh-uh!" Thom replied, with the indignance of one who would normally have trespassed on forbidden territory out of pure curiosity but for once had a more legitimate reason. "One of the little kids from the Creche had gone missing, we were both looking for him."

"If you saw the kid enter a restricted area, why didn't you get someone to help?" demanded Hauyne. "The place is closed for a d... for a good reason!"

Thom shrugged and looked stubbornly at his knees in response to the accusation. He heard the rough scrape of Hauyne's hand as the Healer dragged it wearily across his unshaven face.

"Is the child still in there, Thom?" asked Master An, concerned.

"I dunno," said Thom. "I dunno if he went in there. We never saw him, I just thought it'd be the sort of place he'd go."

"You and Dan split up while you were searching?" asked Hauyne.

Thom gave another nod, starting to feel like one of the nodding bantha toys people liked to put in the back windows of landspeeders and finding the stream of questions somewhat daunting.

Hauyne did not let up. "Did you see anyone else?"

Thom shook his head. "I told you. There wasn't anybody." His strained voice gave away his distress. "That's why I had to move him."

"Easy, kid," Hauyne reas

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I just like the whole figuring it out scenerio and I loved that Barin is going to be helping find out what happened. But he certainly has a boy attached to him right now.

Good job with the setup. Looking forward to Barin's reaction to this.

5. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    loved it! loved it! loved it! awesome post. very cool. and i'm with diane, can't wait to see barin's reaction to thom bawling all over him. probably about killed him to see thom in Master An's office!! lol

this is great! :)

6. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Excellent as usual. I loved how Thom got lost in thinking about consequences. And also the ending there. I can't wait to see that from Barin's side (assuming we get to of course).

KD

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    a little nodding bantha for the back of the speeder [face_laugh]

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I've pretty much retired from the JC otherwise, but certain quality stories bring me back again and again. I'm enjoying this even more than the first time and I'm looking forward to reading more soon. :)

9. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    A fabulous post Hai Gan! Poor Thom lost in the consequences of Dan getting hurt and blaming himself. Then focusing enough to realize Barin has shown up to help. I was crying along with him as he clung his knight.

10. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

"Chersh?" Hauyne asked.

"He's Corellian," said Thom, not needing to give any further explanation.

"Oh kest," Hauyne commented, with feeling.

LOL!!!

You made me laugh, then want to hug Thom better all in one post. But he's found a more suitable person to hug! Awwwwww!!! Now to see Barin's reaction (I'm pretending I don't know the next bit! ;) )

Wonderful post.

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "He's Corellian," said Thom, not needing to give any further explanation.-- nuff said! LOL!

Poor Thom, feeling so guilty that his actions may have caused Dan-Lo's injuries... :( Even worse is his reaction to seeing Barin before him... darn well left me in tears too!

12. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    lol..... wonder how Barin is gonna react to being hugged?

13. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Aw, so sweet! I love how Barin is "his knight" and the childish belief that he'll make everything all right. Hauyne is definitely one of my favourite guest characters, I hope we'll see more of him in the future! How you can cram so much detail into one character, well, it's amazing! :)

14. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    Awwww...that was so cute!!!! [face_love]
    Loved it how Thom was unconsciously waiting for Barin to come and make things right! Also loved the fact that he didn't care about his chances of being taken as Padawan, but only thought of Dan-Lo!
    Wonder how Barin will react :confused:- this surely is a first for him... ;)

More soon? [face_batting]
    Please!!! [face_love]

Cookietribble :D

15. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    *bump*

more? soon? please? [face_worried] [face_praying]

16. Ashinta

Ashinta Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2004
    Great story... Love Thom and Barin... post soon? please? *gives cute and innocent smile*

17. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Sorry, got distracted from writing. I'm modelling computer models of horse equipment and teaching myself SQL database and PHP code. Oh, and trying to learn German (again- most of the best board games are in German, you see). Just to prove I'm not actually being lazy, merely fickle. :p

The good news, however, is that I've actually got all the remaining posts mostly ready to go now. Mostly. Just not the next one.

18. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    Up!!!! ;)

*wanders off to re-read old chapters in order to pass time*

19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    More? Please? I don't know if I can survive uni with it!

(okay, so I'll stop being melodramatic now).

Please?

Kit

20. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    HG, I'm going to be on your side of the pond in a couple of weeks. Don't make me have to hunt you down and force you to give us another post! [face_devil] LOL!

Renata

21. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    *Dangles Jelly worms before HaiGan in the hope she'll take pity on us.* :)

22. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi... I'm new and congrats you got my first ever post in this forum.

Anyway.... I've been lurking for a long time now (since sept last year) and I haven't replied cos I didn't want to go thru the hassle of signing up. (I hate it when other people have already got your name.)

And after... well... a long time of seeing this story dormant I've finally decided to post here and say how much I love this story and please please please please please post some more... [face_praying]

I know this forum has a high turnover rate (higher than the one I frequent anyway) but still... I found this on the 5th page!!! Please please please please please....*hint hint*

(Since you're learning German) Danke!!! :D

P.S. You may want to get a petent for glow-in-the -dark jelly worms.

P.P.S Don't worry... yours is not the only story I signed up to chase down.

23. Tanith

Tanith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    [-o| [-o| More please [face_batting]

Good luck with learning German, SQL and everything else you manage to fit into a week. How do you do it?

Can't wait to see Barin the investigator in action.

24. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    *Grabs thread and shakes*

No postie coming loose?

D'oh!

25. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE PLEEEAAASSSEEEE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.