main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"You can say that again"--Favorite fanfic lines, volume ?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthIshtar, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    My favorite exchange:

Han: "Hey, sweetheart, wanna see my hydrospanner?"

Leia: "Only if it's stuffed where the twin suns don't shine."

~*~ From "To Follow My Destiny" by DarthIshtar

:D

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay, thanks Mar. :)

3. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Well done Anakin, you?ve just won first prize for the ?most stupid questions award.?

From The Way of the Truth By Spike2002

lordmaul13

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    From MiaTieska's It's Just Pretend:

"Jaina, what was that about?"

Jaina paused, her breath caught in her throat before answering Kyp. If she told him that Rune Steiner had just been coming on to her, there's no telling what he would do. Besides, it was just a one-time thing since Rune had been drinking. He had been persistent, but basically harmless.

"It was nothing, I just needed to get away from an awkward situation. Thanks for your help."

"Of course. Everything all right?"

"Yeah, it's fine now. Thanks again."

There was a sound suspiciously like a hand smacking a forehead. "I just remembered. I forgot to get my holocube last night."

"Yeah, and I forgot to bring it today to give you. Sorry."

He chuckled. "No harm done. Hey, I haven't eaten lunch yet, do you wanna grab a bite to eat?"

She checked her wrist chrono. "It's kind of late for lunch..."

"Then we can have a late lunch. You can pick the place."

She thought for a moment, then shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

"And we could discuss squadrons if you want..."

"Shut up, Durron." She grinned.

5. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    From From Here to Over There by cdmcc:

Anyway, I got in and Palpy was alright although I don't have a clue what he was watching. If that's art then Obi-Wan is slimmer of the year. Palpy and I had a rather interesting conversation, he was going on about the history of the Sith. I didn't know he was so clever. He summed up the Jedi in two words, which I agreed with, although the performers gave him a dirty look.

He then told me a very interesting story about some guy called Darth something or other who was a doctor (I think). I missed the first half of the story because the ballet type monstrosity was going a bit wrong and two guys bumped into each other. But get this ? apparently this Darth guy could stop people dying! I was a bit dubious about this, but Palpy said he was on the level.

Well, think about the commercial implications of this! I could retire and keep Padmé in shoes. He said I couldn't learn about it from a Jedi. Well DUH!

I thought about this later and made the connection between that and my dreams. I could stop them as well. Who said I'm thick? Apart from Obi-Wan.

6. DarthSanctimonious

DarthSanctimonious Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2006
    From A Boy No Longer: The Path of the Chosen, by EH_Pilot:

Tenel Ka: I wish you had died. I wish you had died and Jacen lived.
    Anakin Solo: I don't.

Tenel Ka: I hate you.
    Anakin Solo: I know.

7. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    This whole exchange in Yobi's Age of Heroes made me snort with laughter...

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Anything by cdmcc, but particulary his Hairdressers of the Force series. Absolutely hysterical!!

"From Obi-Wan's Diary:

Anakin has started to wear star-shaped sunglasses and beige flares. Should I worry? He almost went for the lightsaber when an old woman complained about her purple rinse. I should have known what was coming when baldy Windu set this whole thing up. I'm struggling with the concept of 'the bob'. I must meditate on this
    "

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

9. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    From some of my favorites...

Correllian_Ale:
    from The Four Huntsman
    One of my favorite descriptive phrasings of all time:

Born a killer, bred not to. He was a Jedi. He was Morgukai.

If truth be told the Jedi who had raised and trained him taught him to relish death. It was to be employed sparingly, he was taught to almost avoid it. In that lesson, he learned to appreciate it, to savor it, much like imported sweets or liquor.

The_Face:
    from Galaxy Grey
    He's the king of banter.

Oh, one last thing. How long have you been going to Pirate School? If that goatee is your final, it's gonna wreck your grade.

Jennifer_Lyn:
    from A Stirring in the Bones

"Damn Imperial leftovers." She complained to the night air that seemed to laugh as it swiped more heat from her shivering frame. "Wait, wrong era. Got's ta shake off this sleep."

Shaking her head, she stood there pondering for a moment before waving a hand in the air, a wide grin spread across her wrinkled face as she cried out. "Ah! That's it! Damn Republic leftovers"

Pandora26:
    Seductive is the only word fit to describe her narrative voice.
    from Aerena, with her sun eyes

The Angel sits across from me at the tiny, wobbling legged table. This cantina is out of the way down a swept clean alley and small, with a curtain of rattling dancing beads across the doorway, but there are still too many beings...

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    From Twas the Crossover Before Christmas:

The galaxy was still crazy, a convoluted mouse trap
    Luke was sick of it all; he just wanted to take a small nap
    He had just settled to sleep, when there arose such a clatter
    He ran to his living room to see what could be the matter.
    He stuck his blonde head through the doorway and called cautiously, ?Ben??
    A voice answered ?I?m never traveling by Floo Powder again.?

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    About Leia, from Ophelia's Walk the Line:

?I?d like to remind him that the kid?s got a midi-chlorian count about fifteen times the legal limit, and that he must?ve paid somebody a hell of a lot of money to get that particular detail edited out of her genetic profile.?

12. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    Rainy, by Charmisjess:

Dooku dressed quietly in the early morning light. He imagined, almost, that the sky looked just a bit lighter, but upon opening the blinds he could see that the rain was still coming down as hard as ever. Of course. Tying his dark hair back, he moodily yanked the curtain back over the window with the force. He was growing terribly weary of looking at rain.

He swished into the common area, and found Qui-Gon, dangling upside down off the couch. Dooku stopped. He had to look again.

His Padawan was clad only in his sleep pants, and had loosely draped himself over the arm of the sofa so that his head and shoulders hung upside down. He had a jar of jam resting on his bare stomach, a bit of toast and a butter knife clutched loosely in his hands. Dooku watched, horrified, as Qui-Gon stuck the knife into the jam, spread it over a small portion of his toast, and then bit off the jelly. He chewed happily, and slapped more jam over the place he had bitten before. He took another bite.

Dooku felt himself starting to twitch. Qui-Gon was double-dipping to an extraordinary degree, contaminating the jam with his crumbs and germs, getting the couch sticky, and about to break his neck. He had managed to strike nearly all of Dooku?s pet peeves in a single moment. The Master took a breath, preparing himself to pour out his wrath on the boy...

[face_laugh]

http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/20182700/p2]

13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    From Child of the Desert by VaderLVR64:

?How long are you here?? Luke asked as he watched his son beg to be thrown once again.

?We?re just here for a visit, so don?t worry,? she said dryly. ?I wanted to make sure you weren?t being held here against your will or something.?

?Tatooine isn?t that bad, Leia.?

?Says you,? she scoffed.

Mara nudged Leia in the ribs. ?Yeah, he?s never been here in a dancing girl?s costume,? she smirked. ?You get a whole new opinion of sand.?

The two women snickered and Luke assumed the haughty look he had learned from Leia years ago. ?I?ll have you know I would look very good in a dancing costume!? And with those words he walked away, ignoring the hoots of laughter from the two women he loved most in the galaxy.

From The Flipping Yoda by DCWiz00:

The waitress came to the table and smiled at the Jedi Master. ?I wasn?t informed we had celebrities here, it is an honor to serve you Master Skywalker. And of course, you as well Mistress Solo. What may I get you??

Leia?s comment to the waitress was lost as the drunken reunion crowd began singing an old war tune.

Luke tried to speak louder, but the waitress still could not understand him. He tried leaning in closer, but the reunion crowd had made it difficult to hear anything. Luke used the Force to amplify his voice so the waitress could take their order. ?My sister will take number 72, and I will order 66.?

Suddenly, the reunion crowd stopped singing and got very rigid. They all snapped to attention and in unison recited, ?It will be done, my lord.?

Leia looked at her brother in exasperation and said, ?I have a bad feeling about this.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.