main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You Can?t Go Home Again - L/M

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RebelMom, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    This is a response to a challenge that Emmi put up at SJRS. Write something scary, creepy, etc. I went more on the creepy route. This hasn't been betaed.

You Can?t Go Home Again

The warm desert breeze swirled the sand, pushing up a light dusting and adding to the dune masking the entrance to the old Lars homestead. Twin suns burned brightly adding to the sweltering heat of the day. In the distance, a bantha cried and a lone sandperson stared at the deserted farm. The residence had long since been gutted. Nothing of value remained. Moisture vaporator parts were the first to go after some Jawas ? a different tribe from those slaughtered the day the humans were ? braved the charred structure. The sandperson?s tribe looted other items ? food, water and weapons. They would have gone back to search for more, but something resided in that place of death. The shaman forbade any more expeditions to the dwelling. Heeding the warning, he still came, though only to stand and watch, remembering when there was life - a male, a female, a youth who worked and subsided. There was no more invisible fence to shock trespassers. One was no longer needed to keep his tribe away. No one would venture to this place.

The wind picked up, sending a chill down the sandperson?s spine. Ice in the heat of day ? a bad omen indeed. A flash in the distance caught his eye. Speeding across the barren land was a speeder. Few venture out here, perhaps he should alert the tribe to be on the move. He mounted his bantha and glanced back at the speeder and frowned. The speeder was heading for the homestead. No one living had been to this place since the burning.

The living would not last long in the haunted place. Hopefully, they would run and his tribe would have a hunt.

Luke Skywalker pulled the speeder up to the edge of his old home. At least, he thought he was at the edge. If not for the Force, he wouldn?t have known. Most of the buildings were buried under sand dunes. Shutting off the speeder, he turned to his companion and said, ?We?re here.?

Mara Jade stared at the sand before her, then said, ?Yeah. Well, let?s see if we can find the house, Farmboy.?

They looked down into the courtyard and noticed sand drifts blocking entrance to the living areas.

?Looks like we?ll need to do a bit of digging. Then, I?m going to the workshop and see if the generators are operable. We?ll need power for the perimeter fences as well as the living area.?

He didn?t want to think of what could happen if the generators were trashed or totally gone. Before heading to the workshop, as promised, he helped Mara clear a pathway into the homestead.

The shop was buried in a sand dune as well. Amazing what fifteen years of neglect could do. With a sweep of his hand, the sand blew away and he entered his home away from home during his childhood. The sight that greeted him was nothing like he remembered. Anything of value that wasn?t bolted down was gone. The tub where Threepio had long ago taken his oil bath was drained ? all that remained was a bit of grunge near the bottom. Luke walked past the workbench running his finger along the surface. A few broken machine parts fell to the ground. A thin coat of dust covered everything in sight. As Luke approached the back of the room, his hopes lifted in regards to the generator. It appeared to be in one piece. Taking a couple of more steps towards it, he faltered, his foot kicking something. He glanced down and saw a bleached skull, the back of the cranium smashed in ? through the Force he could tell that the death wasn?t caused by bludgeoning. Lying next to it was a pair of Tusken goggles and a gaffi stick. That would explain why the generator was still in working condition ? a dead body was a bad omen for the Jawas. He took a multitool out of his pocket and began to work on the generator.

Mara Jade Skywalker was beginning to regret coming here. It seemed like a good idea at the time. What better way to get to know her husband than to visit his childhood home? Reminisce about the good

2. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Ack! Nice long fic by RM and I have to go to work!

I'll be back in six hours to read this!!

*grumbles about how stupid things like money, food, and shelter get in the way of fan fic*

EDIT:

Yes, that is pretty creepy...

and so very wrong at one point... :p

Great stuff for Halloween!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    No! You can't do that! Not fair! :eek:

I won't believe it! [face_shame_on_you]

Very well written and extremely powerful, but I refuse to believe that Mara will kill him. Absolutely NOT! [face_not_talking]

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Eerie, creepy, perfect for Halloween. =D=

Loved the ghosts of the pasts...and when Mara's saber was no longer blue - it made me jump in my seat.

I'd love to be on the PM list, please?
    Spooky start! Very cool.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That was wonderfully done. So much going on to make us think they should not have gone there.

Might I ask to be notified when updates are done? Please? :)

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Okay, so Mara is Luke's half-sister? :eek: LOL. Hey, I wrote a fic like that once. Mara was Luke's sister and Callista was their Aunt. :p

Great Halloween story. Very creepy. Wonderful little fic!!

AG88

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Nothing wrong with reviewing this one twice, eh? I really loved it, RM. Very spooky for Halloween! [face_pumpkin] Great job!

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    RedGold
    Ack! Nice long fic by RM and I have to go to work!

I'll be back in six hours to read this!!

*grumbles about how stupid things like money, food, and shelter get in the way of fan fic*

Darn real life
    EDIT:

Yes, that is pretty creepy...

and so very wrong at one point...

Great stuff for Halloween!

Yeah I know, but it was the creepiest thing I could think of even if it was wrong.
    VaderLVR64

No! You can't do that! Not fair!

I won't believe it!

Very well written and extremely powerful, but I refuse to believe that Mara will kill him. Absolutely NOT!

If you insist? we know how persistent Palpy is.
    MirandaFair

Eerie, creepy, perfect for Halloween.
    Loved the ghosts of the pasts...and when Mara's saber was no longer blue - it made me jump in my seat.

I'd love to be on the PM list, please?
    Spooky start! Very cool.
    I?m glad you liked them. I thought the saber change would be surprising ? glad it made you jump. Umm?there is no PM list because there is no more story. It was just a one shot ? I even remembered to put The End at the end.
    Healer_Leona

That was wonderfully done. So much going on to make us think they should not have gone there.

Might I ask to be notified when updates are done? Please?

Yeah, going back home seems like a big mistake now.
    Another who wants updates? :eek: Isn?t leaving it wide open for speculation sufficient? ;) I wasn?t planning on making it any longer. I had a hard time getting it to be as long as it was.

academygrad88

Okay, so Mara is Luke's half-sister? LOL. Hey, I wrote a fic like that once. Mara was Luke's sister and Callista was their Aunt.

Great Halloween story. Very creepy. Wonderful little fic!!

AG88
    And I thought my idea was weird. Thanks. It?s my first ever Halloween fic.
    ginchy

Nothing wrong with reviewing this one twice, eh? I really loved it, RM. Very spooky for Halloween! Great job!

At least I know I didn?t scare you away like I did some others.

9. fordefan327

fordefan327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2006
    omg! that was really good. you write really well, too. brovo for you!!

you will kill luke skywalker
    ooh, chilling.:eek:

10. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Awesome!

Poor Lukey, destined to have romantic feelings for his sisters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.