Characters You Can Take the Farmboy Off The Farm... (Luke Skywalker Characterization)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by EmilieDarklighter, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Hear hear!!! =D= ;)
  2. Ubersue Jedi Knight

star 3
    Speaking of post-ROTJ Luke, don't you love his picture currently up on the Beyond the Saga banner? So emotive.

How much do you guys agree/disagree with his portrayal in the EU? I think Mark Hamill was interviewed once and said that he always pictured Luke to become very much like ANH Obi-Wan in his later years, sort of a wise hermit. But of course in the EU he got married, had a son, yadda yadda.
  3. leiamoody Force Ghost

star 4
    Doubles. :D

Luke's portrayal in the EU has been made of suckage. [face_plain]

And I think Mark actually said he didn't have a problem with Luke's portrayal in the EU. Padre George is the one who said he never envisioned Luke getting married and having kids. Basically, he was supposed to wind up as Obi 2.0 in GL's vision of the GFFA. Considering how butchered Luke's character has become in the EU, I would have preferred the Flanneled One's version. Or, I just make up my own version, damn the torpedos, full steam ahead, etc.
  4. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    I would agree with Uncle George about Luke ending up somewhat like Obi-Wan. Though I would hope he would pick a nicer place for a hermitage than Totooine! How about Naboo? That would be terrific place for a Jedi Temple. :)

The thing with Luke in the EU is that the authors I've read seem to have a grasp of the character; the dialogue generally sounds like Luke. But just because he's agonizing so much in TESB they have him agonizing like that all the time. He IS reflective and cautious, but I never see the EU authors treating Luke as if he has more back story than what you see in the OT. He must have seen a lot in the few years that he was in the Rebel Alliance.

For example: when was the first time Luke killed someone? Not when he was flying a fighter shooting at other ships, or firing at stromtroopers, but in person and face-to-face. Was he shocked? Did he feel something in the Force? My guess is that Leia has killed people (she had no trouble with taking down a few stormtroopers), and Han and Chewie certainly have. But what about Luke? I can't imagine that he would have killed anyone on Tatooine (though he might have had to defend himself against Sand People). Even more important, would he have used his lightsaber? He was carrying it all the time in TESB, so it's a likely weapon of choice.

But one big problem the EU has is being dated by the PT. There are two huge elements that EU writers did not have pre-1999:

- attachments were forbidden to Jedi and Anakin's marriage was secret.
    - there is a gigantic Jedi Temple on Coruscant in the background in the revision of ROTJ: what did Luke do with THAT?

They've tried to paper over those huge plot holes, but it just doesn't work for me. It's like trying to match up early Boba Fett origin stories with what we see in AOTC. It just doesn't work. Maybe they should re-set the EU? Or just allow multitudes of AU EU?

5. Ubersue Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm all for an EU reboot. :)
  6. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    Luke isn't terrible in the EU, but he isn't the BEST in the EU either.

I wouldn't want a total EU reboot, cause I do/did like Gaeriel and Mara and the IDEA of a Jedi Academy. I think Luke took on too much trying to teach 12 students at once.

I don't like the idea of Luke being a hermit. I think he would be lonely eventually. I think he'd find it hard seeing Leia and Han and how happy they are/were with a growing family. He deserves SOME happiness.

As for the Temple on Coruscant.....it was probably semi destroyed by the Emperor sometime between ROTS and ROTJ. The new republic didn't even settle there until I think, 3 1/2 years after ROTJ?

7. leiamoody Force Ghost

star 4
    No, just incredibly myopic and recklessly naive at the wrong moments (doesn't sense his own nephew is a Sith Lord, and honestly believes he can comprehend the Dark Side by joining up with a reborn Emperor?! Say what?!). God, no wonder the new Jedi bunch went to hell...I wouldn't trust the EU Luke with a pet rock :p.

Agreed on this point. I know they were going for the Apostles/Knights of the Round Table angle, but really, the mythic overtones can become strained past common sense. No more than three or four students at a time, for God's sake. He's still learning even when the students are learning as well.

Define happiness. :D

Seriously, it would not be a great tragedy if Luke never wound up romantically involved with anyone. Speaking from personal experience, the pursuit of something higher can indeed be affected and damaged by emotional entanglements. I don't think Luke would give up that option (I do give him a romantic partner in my AU), but that doesn't mean he couldn't be happy as a hermit. Living in the world is not the only way to pursue life.
  8. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Speaking from personal experience, the pursuit of something higher can indeed be affected and damaged by emotional entanglements.

That can go both ways... damaged and affected negatively, or strengthened and affected positively by the same thing. It depends on what kind of relationship you're talking about, the other person's influence over that aspect of one's life, and how much one allows the other to affect it.

9. kataja Force Ghost

star 4

That's a really huge questions, and I think it could be great to actually break it down to discuss the single portrayals! But generally speaking I think it's been a bumpy ride. It was clear that Luke would pass on what he had learned, and with the knowledge we had back in 1983 Yoda's words were as much an invitation to raise a family as to pass on the Jedi legacy. While I personally agree with Leiamoody that romance isn't essential for happiness, I've also always considered Luke to be a "loving" person in so hight an extent that I never really could imagine him as a hermit. Not the Luke Mark Hamill played anyway, and to me that's the essence of Luke. In a way I think that now 20 years after the EU really shoot off they have sort of fixed this pretty "neatly" with Luke first getting married and having a son, then killing the wife off. This way they satisfied the readers who did like Mara, who didn't like Mara and at the same time they have now slid Luke into a "nestor" role, pretty much like the one Obi Wan had in the OT. And please note that personally I'm not satisfied with this development, I just have to acknowledge "smart" play when I see it.[face_plain]

What I disliked most in EU, is that terrible fumbling that Luke went through in the Bantam era; the mass recruitment to the Academy; his massive doubts/uncertintly/ passivity/monkishness that he was portrayed with in many of those books; not to speak of his catastrophal love life :mad:. Ok, the irresoluteness was passed on to Del Ray, but at least he now "sounds" as Luke when he speaks up. [face_whistling]

I agree, but I still struggle in order to accept it. :p A third element would be that diffuse fear of the Dark Side. Before PT the writers make it it look like any action of violence would bring a Jedi close to the Dark Side - and that puts an effective damper on the actionspart.

He is reflective and cautios yes but he's also the opposite; reckless, impulsive, resourceful and good to think on his feet. That sure was lost when he got a Jedi Master. I try to explain this as it being a period of transition to him; a period where he's unsure of what in himself he should trust and should not trust and where he struggles to find his feet in a task that's far too big for one man to carry.

10. Zardi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Uh...hi there :D I don't think I've posted in this thread before, but I've been reading fanfic here for about a year and occasionally contribute to SOS in the Lit forum...so I figured it was about time for me to find some more Luke fans to chat with.

These quotes are going to jump around a bit. Sorry about that.

No, just incredibly myopic and recklessly naive at the wrong moments (doesn't sense his own nephew is a Sith Lord...

Eh...as I understand it, almost no one sensed Jacen becoming a sith, but once they did, they acted pretty fast. Why is Luke the only myopic one? Also, pretending to join the bad guy in order to undermine him is hardly a new idea, so I don't think it's really that unreasonable for Luke to have thought it might work.

I don't like the idea of Luke being a hermit. I think he would be lonely eventually.

I agree. He loves teaching people and working with them too much to ever seclude himself away like that (unless he honestly believes that he's a danger to them...and goodness, I hope the EU doesn't go that way). I really can't see him being happy as a hermit, sorry.

I did read the beginning of a fic once where Luke turns into a hermit after Mara's death, which happens earlier in that universe. So...for the purposes of some AU fanfiction, I can swallow hermit!Luke. That one looked like it would have been a good story, but I think it was abandoned.

I'm not a fan of soppy romance. But I like to see *some* gestures that can't be misconstrued. Romance can be written in plain talk and still come across as romance.

Same here. I think fanfic does a far superior job with this (especially L/M) than profic does, but I thought VotF had some nice gestures in it that made me believe Mara cared for Luke even before the force bond. Same with I, Jedi, actually. However, Survivor's Quest was too subtle for me. Aside from a handful of scenes, I think L and M were too business-like with each other. You didn't get much sense of Mara's snark or Luke's spunk.

I'm curious how people view Luke with Children - either his own, ('canon' or AU) or younglings, either Jedi or no...

I think I agree with people who view Luke as a loving father who would nevertheless be a bit clueless about what to do with a rebellious teenager. As with romance, I think fanfic generally does a better job with Luke and Ben than profic does (and if you've got any fics to recommend in that genre, please send them my way). I've read bits and pieces of LotF, and I really don't like that Ben has so little trust in Luke at the beginning, though maybe that can be attributed to Jacen's influence. I do like how in the later books, after Sacrifice, Ben seems to want to be near Luke and seek his guidance. That tells me that Luke must have been that loving father somewhere along the way, even if it happened "off-camera."

Also, I quite liked Luke and Ben in Outcast (and Luke himself, for that matter), so now I can't imagine Luke not having had Ben. Luke with his teenage son seems to be a blend of teacher, mentor, and father, which I think is very realistic for him. And of course, Ben is sufficiently proud of his daddy. [face_peace]

I don't know much about Dark Nest...what sort of relationship do Luke and Ben have there?

However, I don't like the way Luke tries to give Jacen (or was it Jaina?) in 'Dark Apprentice' to Leia or Han when one of them had a stinky diaper. If I recall the words he said it was something like, "Leia you better perform your motherly duty...."

I hated that too! Since when does Luke pass distasteful duties to other people? Ugh, there are so many parts of that scene that I hate. I also can't stand how he cuddles and plays with Jacen, while completely ignoring Jaina, who at the time was begging to get into his lap. He doesn't pick her up until he smells Jacen's diaper, which I think is completely unrealistic. I mean, I'm not really a fan of toddlers, but if I had a niece (or nephew) who was begging to get into my lap, I think it would break my heart to ignore her. That scene just made
  11. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Ahhhhh.... Non-EU Luke? That has become my 'spe-see-al-lity!' :p

In my 'Breezyverse' (someone coined the term and it's stuck!) Luke fell in love with a Force sensitive Pilot, spent a few years Post Jedi discovering himself and exploring the Force before 'settling down'. In his 30's and 40's, he alternately splits his life between being a Jedi Master, rebuilding the Order (the Main Temple on Coruscaunt (Spelling I know, but it's early) where most of the Temple is open as a 'general school/library where anyone is admitted and parts are completely hidden 'just for Jedi' (he has learned over the years about different interpretations of the Force, so the term "Jedi" is a bit loose) and just being "Pay-pa".

He's still at his heart the caring young man he always was, his 'life mate' is a partner who concentrates on the family side of life (at least as far as I can see right now, but she's raising two small children and a near teenager) who acts as his 'ground'.

I'd like to think he's fairly well balanced as a father, teacher, lover, and on occasion he can still be the warrior if someone needs to open an of 'good old fashion Jedi whoop-ass'...

12. leiamoody Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll grant you that point. In Anakin's case, having the relationship was bad for everyone.

The leader bears the lion's share of the responsibility for not detecting a threat that could destroy the galaxy (of course, the Jedi apparently can't sense even a low level monkey jerk Sith in any era, so maybe I'll give the EU Luke a pass on this one...a little bit ;)).

Nice way to state the situation. :D

Yeah, and you even get a catchy name for your universe. Honor comes with perks, eh? ;)

13. Ubersue Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ooh! I want an Uberverse now! :D

I know it would sound like sacrilege to many, but I wouldn't have minded him being married to Callista. :eek: That is, until KJA started writing her; then I couldn't figure out how Luke could be so in love with a woman who was constantly agonizing over the loss of her Force abilities when SHE WAS FINALLY FREE OF BEING IMPRISONED IN A COMPUTER FOR TWENTY YEARS!!! And someone else gave her life for her to have that privilege, too!

I know a lot of people see him and Mara as being made for each other, and I can kind of see that, but she just strikes me as being somebody too aggressive for him. He's just such a sweetie pie and I think he would be better matched with someone quieter and more sensitive. Now, Mara and Lando, they were made for each other...

I suspect that any credibility I had in this thread has just been destroyed. :D
  14. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    [face_laugh] It comes at a 'price' :p - But I agree, that Luke needed someone... else.

And no, it's actually a refreshing change of pace to see!

As for a simple example of my ideal "Luke in Love" scene, I humbly present a little piece Love as Hard as Nails - I wrote it a while ago and I promise it's very short, but it shows a snippet of how I thought Luke would be in a relationship...
  15. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    I am on the fence about whether Luke would have a permanent relationship. Yes, I think that romance would find Luke, but not too often. And I think that he would be more attracted to someone a little more nurturing, like Beru. OTOH, Luke's mother followed her hormones and went with Anakin, so Mara isn't a totally unreasonable choice. But I totally agree that Lando would be more compatible partner for Mara than Luke.

But the number of Force sensitives in the galaxy is fairly limited. It is unlikely that the Right Person for Luke would be one of them. It seems far more likely to me that Luke would be romantically involved with a non-Force sensitive person. Like Leia with Han. That relationship may not last with the demands of re-starting the Jedi Order for Luke.

I don't think Luke would go off by himself to be a hermit. Obi-Wan only did it because he had to. But as he gets older, Luke would devote most of his time to the Jedi Order and teaching (I think Obi-Wan would have done the same thing if he'd had the chance) and leave most of the adventuring to others.

16. Zardi Jedi Knight

star 1
    The leader bears the lion's share of the responsibility for not detecting a threat that could destroy the galaxy

I disagree. Daala may be making him take the official blame in the EU, but realistically I think people who were close to Jacen -- especially those who don't have an entire jedi order to look after -- should have noticed what was happening. Luke is human too, and I think some writers forget that. He can't do everything himself. (Actually, sometimes Luke himself seems to forget that, too...)

I know a lot of people see him and Mara as being made for each other, and I can kind of see that, but she just strikes me as being somebody too aggressive for him. He's just such a sweetie pie and I think he would be better matched with someone quieter and more sensitive. Now, Mara and Lando, they were made for each other...

Lando is such a faker. Smart women like Leia and Mara see right through him :p (No offense intended to Lando fans or to the canon Tendra. She's quite honestly not even on my radar, as I know next to nothing about her.) Luke is a sweetie, yes, but he never struck me as shy or particularly quiet, and he's got a fiery side to him that can become aggressive in a way. In some ways it's a more focused sort of aggression than I guess you're seeing in Mara. Calculated, rather than spurred on by emotion. Once he decides on a goal, he pursues it aggressively in the sense that there is no stopping him.

Besides, he can banter with the best of them. Just look at who his closest friends are ;)

(I'm not trying to criticize anyone's personal universe here...just trying to contribute to the discussion.)
  17. celera Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't like the idea of Luke being a hermit. I think he would be lonely eventually. I think he'd find it hard seeing Leia and Han and how happy they are/were with a growing family. He deserves SOME happiness.

Even though George said he didn't picture Luke getting married after ROTJ, it's amazing how much Luke's loneliness throughout the Bantam era mirrors Padme's. Just like his mother, Luke spends a lot of time trying to fix the galaxy's problems and doesn't give a whole lot of weight to his own desires. And for that reason, they deserve to be happy. I wonder if he ever got a lecture from Han or Leia like the one Padme got from Sola. Luke approaches romance very similarly to Padme. They deny that they're in love and even fall in love with people who try to kill them.

Also, I think he'd never married Mara and survived all those years unless he'd been deeply adventurous at heart...
    I read bits and pieces of LOTF and NJO in the bookstore and I agree that fanfic generally does a better job with L/M than profic. I can kind of see why some people would think Luke would be better matched with someone quieter but I don't think he would really want that when he had a boring childhood. He's a sweetie with a wild side buried underneath. One reason why he's attracted to her is that he's subconsciously seeking thrills in romance. And being married to Mara is an adventure in itself.

he never struck me as shy or particularly quiet
    Luke was always an introvert to me but he wouldn't be that way if he was around the right people. Still, I think he would have been shy as a child since he didn't really fit in with most people in his town. I'm not sure if ugly ducking is that right word for it but I could picture him going through some awkward years before growing into a beauty.
  18. Gabri_Jade VIP

VIP
    star 5
    *shrugs* Depends very much on the source. A lot of the EU sucks. A lot. But I don't subscribe to the point of view that everything has to mesh and connect and continuity must be perfect, etc. I see a lot of that in Lit, where people will go to great lengths to make things "work." I'm very pragmatic about that. The EU was written by ordinary humans who are not perfect, who might have writing styles I dislike, who might actually be bad writers, who might understand one character beautifully yet have no clue about another, who often are working with limited knowledge (or knowledge that is later altered by TPTB), and who at all times are working with a massive universe. Mistakes happen, and I'm not going to waste time trying to cram every mistake into canon. If someone writes something I disagree with, I either ignore it or acknowledge it in a very general way in canon-compatible fic I might write. I have nothing against the completists who want to make everything fit, mind you; I just don't care that much.

Similarly, I totally respect the POV of those who dislike the EU to the point of ignoring it entirely and writing something different. If I want to ignore The Crystal Star, someone else has every right to ignore TTT. But there are books in the EU that I adore, including Luke's characterization. I personally feel that Zahn and Stover did the best job with Luke. I think Allston did a good job with his NJO books and not so much with his LotF. Stackpole and Luceno did respectably well with him in general, though some of the basics of his NJO characterization annoyed me.

Basically, I feel that plenty of the EU got it wrong, but there's some that I think got it pretty much just right, and that includes Mara and her compatibility with Luke. I actually think that Zahn analyzed Luke's character pretty brilliantly to craft someone so well matched to him as Mara; I also think that Zahn got Luke right in most other ways as well, and I loved what Stover did with him in Shadows of Mindor. Everything else is a bit hit and miss for me. I'm sure that's one of the reasons I write fanfic. :p

As far as Lando and Mara being a good match, I have to disagree entirely. My love for Mara is pretty darn obvious; what may be less known about me is that I also adore Lando. Always have, from the moment he first appeared. That man is smooth, and as much of a player as he is, he ultimately has a heart of gold. But he and Mara would never, never manage as more than friends. Mara's way too straightforward and practical to put up with Lando's showiness and mercenary tendencies, and Lando wouldn't ultimately be happy with Mara, either. (I think Lando's the one who needs someone quieter and sweeter, actually.) I totally agree with Zardi that Luke isn't shy or quiet and is definitely fiery. "Why can't you outrun them? I thought you said this thing was fast" - sarcastically delivered to a worldly-wise, hardened smuggler ten years his senior when that same smuggler's actions would decide Luke's fate, remember. Not to mention being a hotshot combat pilot who founded and led the absolutely legendary Rogue Squadron. Luke would be bored to tears with someone any more docile than Mara, IMO. He and Mara are both very action-oriented and needed someone they could trust to both keep up with them and watch their back. Additionally, Mara, with her deep-seated bitterness and psychological scars, needed someone with Luke's gentleness and absolute acceptance, and Luke needed someone willing to tell him when he was being an idiot and to force him to not overextend himself - not to mention that Mara's irreverence added some much needed lightness to a life wherein far too many had become awed by him and unable to see him as an ordinary guy. They're a perfect match in my book. :)

19. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Ahh, 'Married Luke' - I thought it took him a long time to actually 'settle down' (nearly 8 years in the Breezyverse if I remember right) but I also don't think he'd want to be coddled (or dominated) - his partner would have to be both strong and loving, and by the same token understand that he needs his space. Not an easy man to love is our Luke, and to be honest I think he'd actually be almost better with children than his own partner at times...
  20. leiamoody Force Ghost

star 4
    The Luke/non Force Sensitive romance angle is one I only recall seeing twice in printed fanzines. I think a lot of us went to "Luke and Force Sensitive chick mode" as the default option for different reasons. I would have liked to see the other kind of relationship written just because it would have gone against the grain. I guess it was easier to imagine that like would attract like in that department. Having Leia and Han together worked because I don't think a lot of people ever imagined that Leia would become a Jedi. (It still doesn't ring true for me, and it seems like that became a sort of last minute save for the EU).

(Permit me some brief self-indulgent blabbering here...)In my AU, I decided to go with Luke dating a Force Sensitive because I want to explore what it's like for two of them to try and manage a relationship in the context of a galaxy under reconstruction and a society that's changing and growing in a post dictatorship climate. I also want to tackle what it's like when one of those midichlorian enriched people decides to be a Jedi *and* try and keep their non-Jedi day job.
  21. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Self indulgence FTW!!

FWIW, Aube (my own OC/Luke's love interest) says "Add cradle aged children and a prepubescent teenager and welcome to my world..." [face_laugh]

I think it would be very hard for either of them to work it, but in the end, love conquers all (unlike Luke's own parents - same path to a point when things diverge...)
  22. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    It just seems unlikely to me that among the available Force-sensitive post-ROTJ women -- maybe a few hundred if they have a lot -- that Luke's perfect mate would be among them. But expand the pool to the rest of the women in the galaxy and then it's more likely for him to find someone.

The issue of a trained Force-sensitive being involved with a non-Force-sensitive is tough. The mind-tricks issue alone can be a big problem. Love can turn to hate awfully quick and what does a Force-sensitive do with his ex? I can see that the 'no attachments' rule in the Jedi Code is meant to prevent problems.

Going by just what you see in the OT, you would think that Force abilities are primarily hereditary, but then we find in the PT that Jedi don't have attachments and generally don't have children. Obviously Force abilities CAN be passed on, but does it always? If that were the case then the Force-sensitives would have bred an uber-race a long time ago, before the Jedi Code kicked in with the 'no attachments' rule. They only reason I can think of why that hasn't happened is that Force abilities can just as easily drop out of a family line as it can pop up.

I think the EU would have been more interesting if Leia or Lukes' children did NOT have Force abilities.

I picture Mara with Lando based on them being forceful and assured personalities AND Mara is always drawn as a comic-book perfect female. People don't look like that with that hair and wearing tight clothes unless they work at it. Lando also clearly minds his appearance. I guess that's a really shallow reason to put them together -- that they'd look good paired together, but it's only speculation. Putting Mara together with a smooth talking con-man is just as likely to me as putting her together with a left-handed idealistic Jedi.

23. Zardi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Two forceful, assured people really don't work all that well together, though. The old adage "opposites attract" may be an oversimplification, but it does have merit. I agree with Gabri's reasoning for why Luke and Mara are so perfect for each other, so I won't repeat what she said. But the point is that they complement each other so well because they do have personality differences (without being complete opposites).

Mara and Lando, though...I just can't see it, and not just because I'm an L/M fan. Mara is a very practical woman, whose trust it takes time to earn. She doesn't appreciate people trying to get close to her -- either physically or emotionally -- before she is ready. Which is precisely what Lando tries to do. They have some personality traits in common, but their differences do not complement each other well. For example, whereas Luke's patience and trusting nature complements Mara's lack of trust in people, Lando's pushiness and overconfidence clash horribly.

As for how she is dressed in the comics and some of the book covers...well, artists are allowed to have their own interpretations, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were drawn that way partially to attract the attention of male customers. In the novels I have read, as well as in Union, Mara dresses sensibly. Anyway, clothes do not make the woman ;)
  24. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Well, who ever said Luke's lifemate was perfect? (Biting tongue) :p - love is love after all. Han and Leia have their Hepburn/Tracy relationship, and in stories, anything is possible.

The Force wasn't killed off with the end of the Republic, and who says the lady in question has to be a fully trained Jedi? (My tongue is bleeding now, I know!)

25. Gabri_Jade VIP

VIP
    star 5
    A lot of merit, in my opinion. My parents are extremely different from each other, as are my sister and brother-in-law, and they have two of the strongest marriages I've ever seen. It works because they're so different, because those differences complement each other, and because they have so few reasons to butt heads because they're not stubborn in the same ways. (Who really wants a carbon copy of oneself as a lifemate, anyway? :p ) Equally important is the simple respect to let the other person be who they are rather than trying to make them into something else. If you have love and that respect, then differences aren't a real obstacle.
    That's it, exactly. I couldn't say it better if I tried. :D
    Bingo. I attended a writer's workshop with Timothy Zahn once. Someone asked him how much influence an author had on cover art. He held up his thumb and forefinger maybe a millimeter apart and said, "Do you see the space between these fingers? We don't have that much say." The EU may say every last tiny detail from writing to cover art to Lego figures is canon, but the reality is that when you're looking for the most authentic interpretation of a non-Lucas character, you look at the writing of the character's creator, not the art.
    No one who wants an interesting story. :p
    Not me. [face_batting]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.