main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Can't Hide From Destiny - JA, Obi/Qui angst, h/c, Please Read!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by p_stotts, Mar 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    Oh golly gee! And just when I thought this fic could not possibly get any better, it does! Oh please have mercy on your poor desperate readers and post again soon!

::taps foot::
    I'm waiting!

2. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    I'm BAAAA-AAAACK! And I really enjoyed the posts, Obi and Qui are finally reunited! I like it a lot...and I hope Obi's not a suspect!!! He better not be!

3. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks you guys! Hopefully I'll have another post tomorrow. I'm still working on it. :)

4. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    hmmmm...who's the suspect?

Love the mush! need more!

5. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    She thinks obi-Wan is behind the explosion? :( In a way, I can see where she's coming from. She hasn't seen him with Qui-Gon though, if she had she wouldn't be thinking like that.

6. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks KSkywalker and Obi the Kid! :) More tomorrow night!

7. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    As Veruca Salt would say, "But I want it now!" :( :( :( :D

8. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Yeah, what's that supposed to mean? ;) As much as I love the angst and mush I also love the plotting and mystery you have going. Every day I look forward to your next post and when it arrives I am never dissapointed.

9. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Wow! :eek: Now this is a plot twist that I wasn't expecting at all. Is someone trying to create a frameup or does Master T'rokai actually have some viable facts to back up that statement?

That was another wonderful post, Peggy and a great cliffhanger! I am really really wanting tomorrow to get here fast!

10. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    What does he mean by THAT!!! THAT IS SO MEAN!!!!!!

Anyway... please post more soon....

Kim B :)

11. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Bwahahahah! [face_devil]

12. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
  13. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, I can see it now! Obi-Wan really is a split personality, and his recessive side took over for a few minutes and planted the bomb to punish Qui-Gon for being so cold to him at first!

Bwahaha!

14. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    Jane, that's horrible...but I like the idea!

how can anyone possibly blame Obi? of course he was off planet at the time, but I'm sure they'll come with a way around that if they want to get Obi bad enough...

but so nice to see QUi awake, and oh, the mush that can happen now, with both of them thinking they don't deserve the other <happy sigh>...looking forward to that post with great anticipation!

great work Peggy!

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I can't wait to hear why Master T?rokai beieves that Obi-Wan is the prime suspect. And if she thinks Mace and Obi's reactions are harsh wait till Qui-Gopn hears this!

Excellent twist Peggy.

16. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    NOOOOOO not the split personality and I hope there will be nothing supporting that Obi did it besides from the prejudice from Master (?? forgot the name) whats his name.

I hope Mace Windu tells him off...

Kim B :)

17. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Speculate no longer! Well, about a few things anyway. ;)

Part 11

?I would think my meaning is obvious,? replied T?rokai. ?Padawan Kenobi had both
    motive and opportunity to plant that bomb in Master Jinn?s room.?

Obi-Wan was so shocked by Master T?rokai?s statement that for a moment it was all he could do to breathe. ?You...you can?t be serious??

?I am deadly serious,? answered the master, ?and I?m surprised you didn?t see it, Master Windu.?

?Master T?rokai, I still don?t see it,? retorted Mace, ?and, you?d better have some facts to back up your allegation.?

?Very well,? nodded T?rokai. ?Everyone knows that Master Jinn?s treatment of his
    padawan was contemptible. Padawan Kenobi ran away as a result of that treatment,
    effectively ruining his chances of ever becoming a Jedi knight. I believe Padawan Kenobi blamed Master Jinn for that, and when he found himself in a position here to exact revenge on Master Jinn, he did it.?

?That?s preposterous!? exclaimed Mace. ?Anyone who knows Obi-Wan, knows he could never do what you?re suggesting.?

?Really? Who designed the security system? Who handpicked all the security personnel? Who had the means and opportunity to circumvent the security measures without being caught? Who was curiously off-planet at the time of the explosion when he should have been overseeing security for the conference? Whose personnel was conveniently nearby when the blast occurred?? T?rokai ticked off her points one by one. ?I?d say there are too many coincidences here to simply dismiss them.?

?Master T?rokai,? said Obi-Wan, finally finding his voice, ?while your theory is very
    interesting, it?s still just a theory, and there are several facts you overlooked. I didn?t even find out Master Jinn was coming until the day before I left.?

?So you say,? countered T?rokai, ?but someone specifically requested Master Jinn for this conference. Master Yoda had to pull him off another assignment because the Supreme Chancellor?s office emphasized that someone from Regalta IV had requested him.?

?Well, it wasn?t me! In addition to that, if I wanted Master Jinn dead so badly then why
    didn?t I finish the job when I had the chance?? he pointed out. ?I was all but alone with
    him for two days before you arrived.?

?Perhaps you were afraid of arousing suspicion,? answered T?rokai, ?or you had a change of heart.?

?I didn?t try to kill my master!?

?Alright!? interrupted Mace. ?That?s enough! Both of you! Obi-Wan?s right, none of
    what you?ve said proves anything...although...it does raise questions that do need to be addressed.?

Obi-Wan looked at Mace in utter shock.

?I?m sorry, Obi-Wan. I don?t think you did this, but I have to also look at the facts...and the facts do seem to point to you, I?m afraid.?

?Very well,? said Obi-Wan stiffly, ?I?ll remove myself from the investigation...but my staff will continue.?

?I find that unacceptable,? stated T?rokai. ?If they are as devoted to you as they seem to be, they may try and tamper with the evidence in order to clear you.?

?They wouldn?t do that,? seethed Obi-Wan, ?and neither would I. Besides, the Prime
    Minister would never allow them to be pulled off the case. I?m not even sure he?ll allow me to withdraw.?

?I?m sure he will once we?ve spoken to him,? replied T?rokai, quite sure of herself. ?You
    should also stay away from Master Jinn.?

?NO! You can?t separate me from my master!?

?I think you did that three years ago when you left,? countered T?rokai.

?That?s enough!? snapped Mace. ?All this is just conjecture on your part Master T?rokai. While I?ll agree your theory has merit, you haven?t any real proof. It?s all circumstantial. I don?t seriously think Obi-Wan had anything to do with the bombing, and I think all you?re doing is taking time away from the real investigation.?

?Really? Let?s see what the Prime Minister has to say about it,? she stated. ?He might want Padawan Kenobi out of here altogether.?

Obi-Wan stared out his office window with unseeing eyes.

18. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000

Gee, I wonder if there's any relation between T'rokai and Borsk Fey'lya <shudder>. I'm seeing some rather interesting parallels.

Excellent post! Can't wait to read more.

19. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Who? :confused: Thanks, Whiskey. Glad you like it. More tomorrow! :D

20. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    I'm sooooo glad Obi is cleared. I would've kicked Mace if he had tried to pin it on Obi-Wan.Good Posts!

21. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    T?rokai you suspicious little so and so!!!

:mad: :mad:

I wonder if she really does have something against sweet Obi or if she is just dense??! In either case she certainly doesn't know and love him as we all seem to!!!

In any case I can't wait to see what happens next. This story just get better and better

:D :D

22. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Obi didnt do it!!!!! YAY! I knew that!

23. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Of course we all know Obi didn't do it...but, don't jump the gun! He isn't out of the woods yet. :eek:

24. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    Oh why can't your post be longer!?!

Actually, I must thank you for posting as often as you do. I don't know what I would do if I had to wait!

Anyway, thanks again for another wonderful post!

::sits back to patiently wait for more::
    (ok, so not so patiently...)

25. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks JKZarc! Hey, I'm writing as fast as I can, and half the time I don't even know where I'll end up! ;) I did finish part 12 tonight and sent it to beta-buddy who's usually pretty quick with feedback. If I don't keep at least one post ahead I'll feel like I'm behind, so that means I've got to start on part 13 tomorrow. But...here's a hint: Things are not what they seem. ;) Bye! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.