main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA You doing anything at 12:01 am for the AOTC DVD release?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by CaptPanakaBacca, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Any idea if you will have a gathering in costume for the AOTC dvd release at 12:01 am? Any stores hinted they might be doing this yet?

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    We discussed this at the last meeting and we don't know of any stores doing this at the moment.
    We'll probably check into stores like Fry's Electronics or something.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Borders in Mission Valley said "no", and Best Buy in Mission Valley STILL has not returned my calls. It can't be at a store in a mall, because mall rules are that no one is allowed in the mall after hours. Sistine mentioned doing the event at Frye's.

4. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Sistine mentioned doing the event at Frye's.

[face_plain]

5. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    I will be sitting in my dorm room watching the seconds tick down while listening to the soundtrack and wishing I was in SD in my Jedi robes. At 12:00, I will let out a thunderous "Yahooooooo!!!" at which point the collective heads of people in the dorm will turn towards towards my door. ^_^

MJF, did you check with Suncoast in Mission Valley Center?

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^Nope, I haven't checked Suncoast yet... I really can't understand the apathy of the stores here in San Diego for this DVD. In Los Angeles, Best Buy has had the midnight madness event on their calenders since the release date was announced! :mad:

7. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Well in the case that Fry's doesn't take up the challenge and host the event, lets hit up the LA FF group for pads to crash at and go join them for the night!

8. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    Yeah, Malls don't like people in them after hours...but Mission Valley DOES have a Movie Theater and people tend to still be there late at night...and Suncoasts across the nation have done events with 501st in the past with video releases! We can try them. Fryes.....ehhh... I feel we'd get the reaction of "get outta my way so I can get my copy so I can go home and jump to the Padme scenes" type of Fans. :p ;)

We should try a busy Blockbuster or Hollywood Video store. If nothing else, I'm gonna check my nearby Blockbuster and see if they're interested in having a lone Trooper hang out for an hour or 2.

Jeff

9. SSGsTycho

SSGsTycho Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2002
    This might sound a little boring, but I plan to get over to Walmart (on Aero Drive) at 11:50, (they close at midnight every night) and ask if I can buy it.

Then I plan on heading straight home and watching the deleted scenes (probably several times), followed by the trailers, and finally the movie.

Last but not least, I plan on being really tired the next day! ;)

10. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Deleted scenes might put you to sleep :)

The documentaries and gag reel are the best part.

11. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Suncoast is too expensive.
    Fry's is cheap.
    And Fry's had a midnight madness for Warcraft III, so I doubt they'd be against the idea.

12. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    ^ Which Fry's? Or is there more than one?

13. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Everyone, see if there's a Tower Records store close to you. It's their company policy, at least in my neck of the woods, to have Midnight Madness EVERY Monday night at 12:01 AM for ALL of Tuesday's new releases.
    So, that's where I plan to go. :)

14. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    There is a Tower Records across the street from the San Diego Sports Arena. I dont know if they do that midnight thing.
    If worse comes to worse we can line up at the Lord Of The Rings E.E. DVD release at midnight. He-He-He

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.