main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore - Han/Leia AU, vignette {Announcement 5th Feb.}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *perks up from her slumped position against a desk* Wow, look at the calibre of these replies! Each of them deserve an individual reply *sticks tongue to the side* Let?s see what I can do.

Liz: You snagged the first post. Thanks! I just have to keep wondering what the crown represents.

Trickster: Hi! Thank you. Please, call me Am. I love when I attract new readers to a foreign genre ? it?s so fulfilling. Would you like a tissue?

Miana: More like your reply was beautiful! I never thought so many words could describe my piece of work. I?m flattered. Thank you!

Oba: *bounces* I reduced Oba to tears! Oh, how life have blessed me with the gift! Sweet, do I need to give out more tissues? Thanks for the thought-provoking reply! I love the sentiments I injected into the piece.

Sache: Yeah, just a little bit on the sad side. Thank you! Delighted you enjoy my little take at ?wrecking? the universe.

Fruity: Your reply blew my off my feet. Coming from you, I?m honoured. Who needs intelligent feedback when you have incoherent brilliance? Oh, and Chewie is THE man (well, Wookie man)!

PT: You know, ?Wow? is my favourite word. The only thing you have to do to get in my good books, is to use that word. It?s so addictive. I wouldn?t say it was perfection, but I?m floored by your response. I hope I continue to see you reading my pieces.

Kitt: Here comes the first of the bang crew. As you said, all we need now is JA sprinting through the thread, shouting SW curses. Thanks! I admit, the title isn?t original, but I love the song it came from.

Jade: *poke* Flatterer! You know just how to make me blush, and read your comments over in my mind several times. I think we?re blowing each other?s brains out with our writing. What do you say? Thanks!

Kit: *thwacks her* Hey, my trusty brainstorming fanatic! I owe you a thank you, I think! For the help, my new sig, and disturbing me whilst I was writing!

Oz: *playfully nudges him* I?m a legend now, am I? Well, I might just have to rub that in countless times. Thanks for the reply! I know you disgust in romance.

Ander: How in the world did you guess that? Congratulations. Thank you! I?ll have to decide on what these bonus points are. What would you like that I can grant?

AQ: What?s this? Cackling in my thread? You?re going to drown out the noise of my malevolent laughter. Yes, there aren?t many H/L things around. I hope that changes with the ?I Know? H/L awards show starting. Well, your reaction was slightly deafening. I have to have hearing-aides now.

Dart: Double-posting on my thread? Tsk, tsk. Thanks for the reply! I noticed you didn?t include Chewie in your list. More fond of the droid than you are of that hairy fuzzball? Oh well, you know me ? always making people cry. It?s a living.

Lady_Moonbeam: Crystal Tiara always seems to follow me around. Although, all my fics are about of the tone ? depressing. I just realised that it says something about my personality, oops. I?m just curious as to what attracted you to this story? The title, the author, or the premise? It interests me sometime to find out these things. Thanks!

Dust: DUST on my thread! Let?s get a broom ? anything! I was surprised I?d managed to drag you in here, out of the blue. Well, isn?t that a thorough reply! You really look deep into the story to see the crusts of meaning. Yes, I agree, this story was unusual and mixed between happy/sad feelings. Ooh, I love the paragraph you pointed out. One of my favourites! Thanks!

JJ: Thanks! I?m surprised to see you following my work along. I appreciate the support!

Heather: I hear you. By the time I get on a thread, everybody has said what I wanted to say in the first place. Yes, you commented about the length! I always go by the rule of quality over quantity, but I just seem to integrate both. Thanks!

Fluffy: *hugs* Yes!! So good to have you responding. Your response moved me, thank you! W

2. Kirana_Ti

Kirana_Ti Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Ahhhhhh... I so treasure Han/Leia fanfiction, and this is one that's extra-special. So sad, so truly heartbreaking, but you wrote it so wonderfully!
    I think I would be interested in reading a sequel...
    Kirana Ti

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow!!! Wonderful story! That was really well written! :)

4. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Ooh, ominous title... Different Shades of Dark. *thumbs up* It sounds like an excellent idea. Yes, and there IS dust on your thread-- so you better get a broom to sweep it away! 8-}

*Dust*

5. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    *gets out a broom and starts to sweep, slips and falls flat on his face.*

6. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    The title was really interesting and noticeable, but it also helped since the story was by none other than.... Am!

7. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Great job Am, will you forgive me if I hated it? Han and Leia have to be together!!! This is not an option my dear! *sobs* Stupid Isolder... And Mara killed Luke! *sobs more*

Oh well, at least we got rid of Threepio...

8. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Lovely, Am. Your descriptions of Leia; of the garden; the intricacies of her dress; of everything and how it was seen in Han's point of view, was exceptional and refreshing. I loved how he still saw her as perfect, and how together they could drop their masks and become themselves again, through all the badness of circumstance. Beautiful and touching - your skill, as usual, is astonishing. Brava! :)

9. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Dart
    *winces* Ouch... that had to hurt.

Am
    *resolves to cackle quietly*

Mara
    *blinks* Mayhap you should ask Am about my reacion to Mara killing Luke.

*waves to everyone and walks out, humming innocently*

AQ

10. sphere_master

sphere_master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    You've carved yet another literary gem, Miss Toaster-head..... And what an enormous gem it is!! But WHY do I get the feeling that you're always using one facet as an invisible wall of inexperience for me to run into? I know what I've looked like lately, Am 8-}

First off, I really need to concentrate on peeling myself off this wall........then it's getting back to work at my thread.....

Sphere Master :cool:

11. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

KnightWriter pointed me to this story. Very well written, but so totally sad. :( :( :( :( :( A good story, but I'm very glad it is an AU because Han and Leia belong together. [face_love] [face_love]

This was especially beautiful:

Han let out a deep breath, trying to calm his quickened heart rate. How could he have ever thought Leia would betray him? He should have known she wouldn?t have the heart to forget him.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

But again, great job. :) This was heartbreakingly beautiful, but totally indicitive of Han and Leia's love for one another. :)

~*~Bria

12. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    AM!!!!!!!! I am BREATHLESS!!! That was written so beautifully! That was so sad to hear about Luke and Chewie's deaths. It is really interesting to see this kind of turn, because all this probably would have happened had they NOT gotten married. I want to cry, I wish I was more emotional sometimes, but getting me to cry to something like a story or a movie is rare. But this story touched me so deeply I feel like the tears should have come.

OH!!! That was so sad! It was long, but OH so worth it! The last part was sweet. The gifts Leia gave to him were awesome!!! It has dawned on me that this is the first thing of yours that I have read, and I'm so glad that we made that deal, cause you are an incredible writer. You will go far with this. I can tell. :D Thank you for sending me the link, Am! I enjoyed this story thoroughly!

13. astroblue

astroblue Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2002
    AM, this is beautifully written. :)

I would honestly say that I had burst into tears at the time, but I was reading it in my English class so I did my best to restrain myself...

...to no avail. :_|

Keep up the good work, and I'll be certain to read any of your following works. :)

astroblue

14. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
  15. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    [face_shocked] What is this? MORE replies? I am spoilt by my readers. Firstly can I once again thank all those who have read and replied, and even if you?re a lurker, you can remember the day when Am ?royally messed? the SW Universe.

Kirana_Ti: Thank you! Yes, there never is enough of this true couple to come by. I?m delighted that people would like to continue on a follow-along storyline. Extra-special? *blush*

HanSolo: Thanks. I feel like I?ve gotten into the H/L spirit.

Dust: Thank you, Dusty dear. I love the title myself! Glad I?m drafting people in.

Dart: *picks up broom, and sweeps Dart out the door*

Moonbeam: *laughs* That doesn?t surprise me. Get in early and watch me murder people ? I think that should become my new motto. Thank you!

Mara: Yay! Time to see how I screwed with the galaxy? I agree; Han and Leia belong together. Yes, the death of the great, prissy, golden thing!

Sil: Thanks! Beautiful feedback you provided. Like you described, I tried to make everything distant at the start, and in tune with characterisation, the masks go down. I would have loved to have included more humour, but I felt the situation didn?t call for it. Believe it or not, Sil, you made me blush.

AQ: You?re disturbing the peace, Palpatine superstar. I think everybody already knows that you screamed at me, and deafened my poor ears.

Sphere: Why, thank you *bows* Yes, I do expect a longer analysed reply like I usually receive. You see, you spoil the authors and they come to demand the constant. Wall of inexperience? It takes a long time to perfect writing, and even then, it?s never perfect.

Bria: I thanked Josh profusely for turning you my way. Thank you. I?m content that you enjoyed it, and managed to find a favourite paragraph in the depths of my rambling. I love your last line of feedback.

Jade: Wow, wow, wow! What feedback! I don?t know what to say, except I treasure this and that it?s one of the best replies I?ve ever received. I?ve been a member of year for nearly a year and a half, and never have I been so stunned by a review which just took my breath away. I certainly hope you stay with me in the future, for I look forward to your constant support and opinions. It makes me feel honoured to know you all, and write for you to read.

Astroblue: Thanks! It seemed to have that effect on most people for some reason ? including myself. I?m immensely glad you?ve decided to stay on with my works.

REQUEST UPDATE: Nothing much here. The awards are hitting it off with a bang, but not many seem excited about voting. Please support H/L.

QUESTION UPDATE: Well after a lot of encouraging and support, I?ve decided to go ahead with the sequel project. I?ve already written out the rough draft of the plot. I estimate it to be between either short or medium in length. I intend to send you each a PM when it begins ? the date isn?t set yet.

As always, I encourage more replies!

Am [face_love]

16. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Okays...I'm sitting here, this big brute of a man, staring at the screen dumfounded, speechless...nearly in tears...

Damn, that is just amazing! I have yet to read anything better - and I generally steer away from the romance ones!

Brilliant work - I love it! A sequel would definately be welcomed!

...still can't get over how good and deep that was...don't think I will!

17. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Well, offhand I'd say that's about as AU as you could possibly get, while still building on the original story.

Marvelously imaginative - and beautifully tragic, with nothing being as it should. And a sad commentary on the randomness of temporal mechanics: for lack of one particular action, everything is changed, and one timeline is relegated to unreality as another is formed.

Very gripping - and somehow unsettling.

Nicely done.

CYN

18. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I thanked Josh profusely for turning you my way. Thank you. I?m content that you ended it, and managed to find a favourite paragraph in the depths of my rambling. I love your last line of feedback.

Josh is a very nice guy. ;) It was my pleasure to read your fanfic. :)

~*~Bria

19. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    That was so beautiful. Thank you for posting it.

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    KatarnLead: Your reply made me laugh. I don?t often find males on my threads breaking down in tears, and this was quite a surprise. Thanks! Well, here?s another vote for a sequel.

CYN: I very much admire your work, and to have you on my thread is a great honour. Thank you. Unsettling, you?d say? Actually, that was what I was endeavouring to capture. When you think about it, we could change any bit of the movies and early books, and we?d end up with a completely different storyline, but the characters would still hold the attitudes of their past. I felt I needed to have Han sarcastic and Leia weary; otherwise, it wouldn?t feel real.

Bria: Agreed. Thanks!

Ginger: Thank you. It was my pleasure.

No breaking news updates at the moment.

Am [face_love]

21. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    I know it's taken me quite a while to get around to reading it but .... Beautiful, Am, fabulous! That's vignettes the way I like 'em - sweet and sad. :_| And I think the title is very suiting too. :)

Cheers,
    LT

22. sphere_master

sphere_master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Aww, no news updates......(sniffle)

8-}

Yes, I do expect a longer analysed reply like I usually receive. You see, you spoil the authors and they come to demand the constant.

I see. It's just like with kids and candy!

Mmmm............candy.

Sphere Master :cool:

23. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    OK I found it! read t and give you my opnion. Hopefully I'll be able to vote at this awards as I will not be hosting. :)

I do hope the award hosts gives us enough time after the nominations to read some of the fics, so that we can judge better.

24. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Hehe, I knew LT would show up sooner or later. In the meanwhile, UP!

25. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    :( :_| What more can I say. Touching

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.